PDA

View Full Version : How does one go about removing all this crap at the top the page?

PSRB
03-09-2017, 03:36 PM
I thought my *******er and Stylish thingy had got rid of it all but now I'm getting loads of "From the web" ads

Ash
03-09-2017, 03:38 PM
This place runs clean for me with Adbl0ckerer in Firefox. And I will happily pay the site owner cash if he wants so I don't have to face a clutter of ads that I'll never click on anyways.

PSRB
03-09-2017, 03:39 PM
This place runs clean for me with *******er in Firefox.

On Firefox :-(

Pat Vegas
03-09-2017, 03:39 PM
someone has to keep up the standards here. (what few of them remain)

:wipecock:

Ash
03-09-2017, 03:41 PM
someone has to keep up the standards here. (what few of them remain)

:wipecock:

I'd actually forgotten that one. The Old Ways have died out. :-(

Pat Vegas
03-09-2017, 03:43 PM

I was surprised it work. You can say cock but not p-enis.

can you say s****horpe.

PSRB
03-09-2017, 03:43 PM

It works!! I've fixed it

The Insider
03-10-2017, 11:15 AM
This place runs clean for me with Adbl0ckerer in Firefox. And I will happily pay the site owner cash if he wants so I don't have to face a clutter of ads that I'll never click on anyways.

Ash, there is an option to pay £2 per month or £20 per year (via PayPal) to view the site in completely ad-free mode. That way you get all the joy of a quick uninteruppted journey around the site whilst helping to secure its future. If everyone did it, the world would be a happier place.

:titles:

Ash
03-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Ash, there is an option to pay £2 per month or £20 per year (via PayPal) to view the site in completely ad-free mode. That way you get all the joy of a quick uninteruppted journey around the site whilst helping to secure its future. If everyone did it, the world would be a happier place.

Is there a link to this arrangement?

Pat Vegas
03-10-2017, 12:05 PM

They should pay us £2 a month

The Insider
03-10-2017, 02:40 PM

http://boards.footymad.net/ucp/subscribe/

Here you go. Give it a go and let us know what you think.

SWv2
03-10-2017, 02:50 PM
It works!! I've fixed it

Tell me how this works?

Pat Vegas
03-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Tell me how this works?

You whip out your snake and wipe it across the screen.
bit awkward if you have a desktop.

SWv2
03-10-2017, 03:08 PM
You whip out your snake and wipe it across the screen.
bit awkward if you have a desktop.

I downloaded an add-on and it bloody well works.

No more adverts for Vanish for me.

:cloud9:

Pat Vegas
03-10-2017, 03:09 PM
I downloaded an add-on and it bloody well works.

No more adverts for Vanish for me.

:cloud9:

ad block sorted it out for me. First time in years I have ever had the need to install one.

PSRB
03-10-2017, 03:27 PM
ad block sorted it out for me. First time in years I have ever had the need to install one.

I had that and then added ublock via Firefox and it's fixed it

The Insider
03-10-2017, 04:19 PM
I had that and then added ublock via Firefox and it's fixed it

The ad free option is effectively an *******er, just one that enables people to use the network in the way that they want without putting its existance in doubt by cutting off its only revenue stream.

Pat Vegas
03-10-2017, 04:20 PM
The ad free option is effectively an *******er, just one that enables people to use the network in the way that they want without putting its existance in doubt by cutting off its only revenue stream.

**** em imo.
I am not paying £24 a year to use this place.

PSRB
03-10-2017, 04:25 PM

I work in advertising and genrally have no issue with advertising BUT advertising should co-exist with a site in a such a way that it does not lesson/ruin the user experience. The ad placements on this site make it virtually unusable and generally horrific to view

The Insider
03-10-2017, 04:38 PM
**** em imo.

That's why it's an option (£20 per annum btw)!

Pat Vegas
03-10-2017, 04:38 PM
I work in advertising and genrally have no issue with advertising BUT advertising should co-exist with a site in a such a way that it does not lesson/ruin the user experience. The ad placements on this site make it virtually unusable and generally horrific to view

Exactly. And that's why they will not get new members joining.

The page looks like a scam site.

The Insider
03-10-2017, 04:41 PM

Then you will know that cpms have fallen through the floor and people are using other social networks for things that they use to do on here. They go th other places that absolutely don't strip every scrap of data from your profile and flog it to the highest bidder FM has removed all the intrusive adverts, pop ups, sound on video etc., which adverts make it impossible to use? The new mobile version is almost ad free as it is!

Pat Vegas
03-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Then you will know that cpms have fallen through the floor and people are using other social networks for things that they use to do on here. They go th other places that absolutely don't strip every scrap of data from your profile and flog it to the highest bidder FM has removed all the intrusive adverts, pop ups, sound on video etc., which adverts make it impossible to use? The new mobile version is almost ad free as it is!

When I open it on my phone it opens 2 other windows and opens my app store
If I am listening to music or a podcast and I go to awimb it turns it off. videos play automatically. do I have to pay another £2 for an extra device?

Ash
03-10-2017, 04:46 PM
**** em imo.

I'll pay your share if you like. As soon as I've finished paying Sir C's tax bill so that he can pay for Monty's childcare.

Send me your bank details and I will wire you the monies. :thumbup:

The Insider
03-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Exactly. And that's why they will not get new members joining.

The page looks like a scam site.

Yep, nothing to do with any opinion outside the accepted norm being shouted down like a brexiteer in a world of remainers....

Pat Vegas
03-10-2017, 04:50 PM
I'll pay your share if you like. As soon as I've finished paying Sir C's tax bill so that he can pay for Monty's childcare.

Thanks for the offer Ash. but it's not because I don't have the £24. but £24 is a lot of money.
I just recently studied in detail my monthy bank statements. there are so many monthly payments for unnecessary services. everything is subscription these days.

£7 quid here for Netflix, £9.99 here for Apple music, £5.99 amazon prime. that's nearly £23 quid already. £50 quid car insurance. I thought it was supposed to go down when I got some no claims bonus. I got 3 years and it's nearly the ****ing same as I started.

£24 could be a weeks worth of lunches at £4.80

I am ignoring the annual option.

The Insider
03-10-2017, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the offer Ash. but it's not because I don't have the £24. but £24 is a lot of money.
I just recently studied in detail my monthy bank statements. there are so many monthly payments for unnecessary services. everything is subscription these days.

£7 quid here for Netflix, £9.99 here for Apple music, £5.99 amazon prime. that's nearly £23 quid already. £50 quid car insurance. I thought it was supposed to go down when I got some no claims bonus. I got 3 years and it's nearly the ****ing same as I started.

£24 could be a weeks worth of lunches at £4.80

I am ignoring the annual option.

Which makes the £2 a month here great value! On a more serious note, your post excellently highlights what people will pay for and what they won't. Similar story on printed news/articles compared to those online. It's a funny old world.

Pat Vegas
03-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Which makes the £2 a month here great value! On a more serious note, your post excellently highlights what people will pay for and what they won't. Similar story on printed news/articles compared to those online. It's a funny old world.

I think for me it's because I only use the forum and nothing else that they are providing. We are the contributors. I wouldn't pay for twitter, facebook etc.

The Insider
03-10-2017, 05:16 PM
I think for me it's because I only use the forum and nothing else that they are providing. We are the contributors. I wouldn't pay for twitter, facebook etc.

That is great feedback, price point is one of the things being looked at, but I suspect that if people won't pay £2 per month, it is on principle rather than price. My view, for what it is worth, is that it is a bit like spending time in a pub/cafe/restaurant etc enjoying the facilities, but not buying anything. It's already there, so why bother contributing to its overheads - you just can't complain when it closes.

It would be great to hear any other views - either way as all feedback is good.

The Insider
03-10-2017, 05:35 PM
When I open it on my phone it opens 2 other windows and opens my app store
If I am listening to music or a podcast and I go to awimb it turns it off. videos play automatically. do I have to pay another £2 for an extra device?

Do you have the correct mobile version? It sounds like you are looking at the site on the desktop view.

redgunamo
03-10-2017, 07:37 PM

Well bowled, A!

Burney
03-10-2017, 09:42 PM
**** em imo.

I'll bet you pay more per annum for things that give you less.