PDA

View Full Version : Sir Chips has spoken:

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
03-09-2017, 12:31 PM
“We are fully aware of the attention currently focused on the club and understand the debate. We respect that fans are entitled to their different individual opinions but we will always run this great football club with its best long-term interests at heart.

"Arsène has a contract until the end of the season. Any decisions will be made by us mutually and communicated at the right time in the right way.”

He's gone then :cry: :-( :D :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
03-09-2017, 12:43 PM
“We are fully aware of the attention currently focused on the club and understand the debate. We respect that fans are entitled to their different individual opinions but we will always run this great football club with its best long-term interests at heart.

"Arsène has a contract until the end of the season. Any decisions will be made by us mutually and communicated at the right time in the right way.”

I am not sure what it means.
Does that mean there isn't an offer right now?

03-09-2017, 12:46 PM
I've just tweeted Sir Chips to find out, P. :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
03-09-2017, 12:47 PM
I've just tweeted Sir Chips to find out, P. :thumbup:

Sir Keswick Pisses on Wengers Chips?

It's a bit odd they made a statement seems a bit ominous.

03-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Wenger's had his Chips :shrug:

Mmmmmmm chips...

Tony C
03-09-2017, 12:49 PM
i read it as....I'm off to enjoy Cheltenham next week so here's a shi tty press release to keep you plebs, simpletons and inbreds happy...please contact / vent your anger at Arsene as I'll be too busy lording it at the Champagne bar and watching the Champion Hurdle and Gold Cup....

Kind regards

sir chippy.

Pat Vegas
03-09-2017, 12:51 PM
i read it as....I'm off to enjoy Cheltenham next week so here's a shi tty press release to keep you plebs, simpletons and inbreds happy...please contact / vent your anger at Arsene as I'll be too busy lording it at the Champagne bar and watching the Champion Hurdle and Gold Cup....

Kind regards

sir chippy.

:sherlock: Tony C? the C stands for Chips :rubchin: Tony Chips.

03-09-2017, 12:55 PM
:sherlock: Tony C? the C stands for Chips :rubchin: Tony Chips.

How odd. I've just had a reply 'fùck off cùnt, I'm hungover, puking and eating a boily egg'...

So Sir C isn't Sir Chips after all? Who knew?

Burney
03-09-2017, 12:58 PM

Kind regards

sir chippy.

Cheltenham' for pikeys and paddies, though, t. I'm sure Sir Chips wouldn't be seen dead there.

Sir C
03-09-2017, 12:58 PM
How odd. I've just had a reply 'fùck off cùnt, I'm hungover, puking and eating a boily egg'...

So Sir C isn't Sir Chips after all? Who knew?

Changed my mind. Ham and tomato sandwich.

03-09-2017, 01:01 PM

That'll taste nicer than egg when it comes back up again :thumbup:

IUFG
03-09-2017, 01:02 PM

Nice and non-committal.

It is worse than no news.

Burney
03-09-2017, 01:04 PM

The tomato seems risky. Chuck it out imo.

redgunamo
03-09-2017, 01:34 PM

Yes, it does sound rather like the sort of bland, blasé, offhand missive Berni might text his wife, doesn't it.

redgunamo
03-09-2017, 01:35 PM
Nice and non-committal.

It is worse than no news.

At least it's not a vote of confidence, I suppose.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
03-09-2017, 01:38 PM
the gravest blasphemy against the great man. Remove it at once!

Burney
03-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Yes, it does sound rather like the sort of bland, blasé, offhand missive Berni might text his wife, doesn't it.

Don't you fûcking start! :rolleyes:

redgunamo
03-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Best use the "Reply with quote" button in future, H. Otherwise people might think you have actually flipped your lid at last.

redgunamo
03-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Don't you fûcking start! :rolleyes:

:hehe: Well, it does!

"I love you, darling."
"Oh, ah. Point taken. Dinner at six, is it? Very good."

Tony C
03-09-2017, 02:10 PM
he's quite well known in racing circles.

two of his horses run next week....Double Treasure on the 13th either @ Stratford or Huntingdon depending on the ground and Capsy De Mee runs on the 15th @ plumpton.

can't search through his part ownerships to see where they're running. I would assume at least one will be lined up for one of the handicaps at Cheltenham.

funnily enough he's also listed in the training section on the racing post site...so I'm guessing that was from waaaaaay back in the day.

wouldn't been surprised if he did some breeding too...you know what these dirty old men are like.

SWv2
03-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Is Sir Chips the carpet bloke?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-09-2017, 02:24 PM

It means shut up and stop asking stupid questions you c**tish fans

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
03-09-2017, 02:38 PM
best use the "reply with quote" button in future, h. Otherwise people might think you have actually flipped your lid at last.

flipped a long time ago ded...reckon you might have flipped yours - what on earth are you blathering on about? Caps lock

redgunamo
03-09-2017, 02:39 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6eutK7XMAEZReV.jpg

Ash
03-09-2017, 02:39 PM

No, I think that's Lord Harris of Peckham.

SWv2
03-09-2017, 02:43 PM
No, I think that's Lord Harris of Peckham.

Ah here. So what does Sir Chips do for a 9-5?

Luis Anaconda
03-09-2017, 02:50 PM
Ah here. So what does Sir Chips do for a 9-5?
Sir John Chippendale "Chips" Lindley Keswick is a British merchant banker and member of the Keswick family who control Jardine Matheson, founded by William Jardine.

Burney
03-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Sir John Chippendale "Chips" Lindley Keswick is a British merchant banker and member of the Keswick family who control Jardine Matheson, founded by William Jardine.

I dare say he's never found himself short of the necessary for a Chicken Balti pie.

03-09-2017, 03:32 PM

Sorry - just been out milking the hens. Who are you referring to you silly old fool?