PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one that thought the ref got all three decisions correct?

World's End Stella
03-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Not bothered about him changing the yellow to red, in fact I'm sort of pleased that those useless muppets that typically stand next to the goal doing nothing finally made a decision.

Alonso got a touch so it wasn't a pen, Kos bundled their striker over and it was clearly a denial of a goal scoring opportunity. All correct.

Those of the optimistic nature might also point out that with 11 v 11 over about 100 minutes of play I think we beat them 2-1? Doesn't excuse the defensive collapses but it at least suggests we have some rather talented players.

All we need now is Monty to assure us that a 10 game winning streak is about to begin and all will be well. :-)

Pokster
03-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Not bothered about him changing the yellow to red, in fact I'm sort of pleased that those useless muppets that typically stand next to the goal doing nothing finally made a decision.

Alonso got a touch so it wasn't a pen, Kos bundled their striker over and it was clearly a denial of a goal scoring opportunity. All correct.

Those of the optimistic nature might also point out that with 11 v 11 over about 100 minutes of play I think we beat them 2-1? Doesn't excuse the defensive collapses but it at least suggests we have some rather talented players.

All we need now is Monty to assure us that a 10 game winning streak is about to begin and all will be well. :-)

11v11 we lost 5-2

Their Pen was as soft as a soft thing, there is a GIF doing the rounds that show that Kos didn't foul him

My main gripe is sticking a midfield player into CB rather than accepting things and bringing on a defender and settling for 2 or 3-1

IUFG
03-08-2017, 09:55 AM
The ref didn't punish (other than a free kick) a foul on Sanchez that would have been a straight red in 90%* of CL matches.

* arbitrary figure

World's End Stella
03-08-2017, 10:07 AM
11v11 we lost 5-2

Their Pen was as soft as a soft thing, there is a GIF doing the rounds that show that Kos didn't foul him

My main gripe is sticking a midfield player into CB rather than accepting things and bringing on a defender and settling for 2 or 3-1

Ah, there was me thinking someone was sent off at their place as well. Wishful thinking :-(

World's End Stella
03-08-2017, 10:08 AM
The ref didn't punish (other than a free kick) a foul on Sanchez that would have been a straight red in 90%* of CL matches.

* arbitrary figure

That was a red card for intent, but he made virtually no contact which made it harder for the ref to give it, I think.

Pretty surprised that wasn't a yellow, mind.

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Ah, there was me thinking someone was sent off at their place as well. Wishful thinking :-(

A better stat is we played alright when Kos was on the pitch in both legs.

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 10:10 AM

Yeah, so much for home advantage.

Same in the other tie last night; poor old Napoli win their group, get drawn against Real Madrid :-|

Ash
03-08-2017, 10:15 AM
clearly a denial of a goal scoring opportunity

I believe that the 'triple punishment' of penalty, red card, and suspension (from next seasons's Europa League group stages) for soft fouls in the box had been removed. After all, if it is a penalty then there has been no denial of a goal-scoring opportunity.

Ridicules red card that ruined the match.

Ash
03-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Yeah, so much for home advantage.

:nod: If more people spent ninety minutes howling expletives at the ref (as I tend to do) we might get some more decisions going our way. It works for Stoke when we play up there.

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 10:32 AM
:nod: If more people spent ninety minutes howling expletives at the ref (as I tend to do) we might get some more decisions going our way. It works for Stoke when we play up there.

I'm afraid we may be past that stage, especially if away supporters are to be encouraged to make away matches sound like their home games #WhoEversInChargeOfTheseThingsOUT

SWv2
03-08-2017, 10:34 AM
I believe that the 'triple punishment' of penalty, red card, and suspension (from next seasons's Europa League group stages) for soft fouls in the box had been removed. After all, if it is a penalty then there has been no denial of a goal-scoring opportunity.

Ridicules red card that ruined the match.

I didn’t think the Walcott penalty was a penalty at the time and I had no doubt whatsoever the Lewandowski decision was correct.

The yellow v red debate is being caused by the uncertainty created by the referee at the time, his haste perhaps or inexperience perhaps in rushing to the lesser card to then be advised and upgraded by his assistant (which was the correct thing to do, that is why they are there).

Had he just given the red from the off we would have accepted it, moaned of course but briefly and then moved on.

The resultant capitulation and failure in any way to get a hold on the game was a footballing disgrace and embarrassment for our great club. I note Sir C talking in a separate missive about the exuberant celebrations of the Hun as each goal went in, fair fúcks to them and I would expect our players to do the same in a game of such huge importance. They were enjoying themselves. Wd their players.

Wenger has come out and complained a little too much and in the process made himself look an utter ****, my opinion only, and a standpoint which of course most managers would have taken.

My mind goes back to that moment early in the second half when our bearded French world class striker, our main aerial threat, had a free header from about 5-6 yards and failed to convert. In that moment the match went, not the penalty as Bayern appeared to spark into life from their very understandable and comfortable first half slumber.

Ash
03-08-2017, 10:45 AM
I had no doubt whatsoever the Lewandowski decision was correct.

How is a penalty not a goal-scoring opportunity?

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 10:51 AM

I think the idea is to strongly discourage preventing *proper* goals by means of giving, or even risking giving, penalties away.

This is, I think, why Gilberto Silva was a great midfielder but a rubbish centre half.

SWv2
03-08-2017, 10:54 AM

When I said "Lewandowski decision" I simply mean the penalty as I have seen accusations of diving.

A player can be fouled in the box, and therefore a penalty awarded, however the player is not in a direct goal scoring position and may merely be about to assist, or god help us even pre-assist, a team mate.

Koscielny fouled Lewandowski, soft yes perhaps but the ferocity of the push is irrelevant, he made no effort to play the ball and impeded the Pole who was past him and about to strike on goal. He was thus fouled and denied a goal scoring opportunity. Of this I see no debate at all.

Sir C
03-08-2017, 10:55 AM
When I said "Lewandowski decision" I simply mean the penalty as I have seen accusations of diving.

A player can be fouled in the box, and therefore a penalty awarded, however the player is not in a direct goal scoring position and may merely be about to assist, or god help us even pre-assist, a team mate.

Koscielny fouled Lewandowski, soft yes perhaps but the ferocity of the push is irrelevant, he made no effort to play the ball and impeded the Pole who was past him and about to strike on goal. He was thus fouled and denied a goal scoring opportunity. Of this I see no debate at all.

He was offside.

World's End Stella
03-08-2017, 10:58 AM
A better stat is we played alright when Kos was on the pitch in both legs.

Ah yes, wasn't it 1-1 when he went off injured? And didn't we have a couple of very good chances towards the end of the first half to make it 2-1? Ozil I seem to recall being one of them.

Hard to remember all this football stuff when you're :old:

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 10:59 AM
He was offside.

And it was a dive.

SWv2
03-08-2017, 11:01 AM
He was offside.

I must admit I have no idea if he was offside or not as at no point during BT review of events did I see or hear this alluded to, merely the award of the pen and card.

First I heard any reference to this was AW crying like a little bitch instead of accepting defeat and perhaps expressing regret and even anger at how his team capitulated and failed to react in a proper way to the events on the pitch.

Can I come back to you tomorrow having watched the recorded highlights again later?

Sir C
03-08-2017, 11:04 AM
I must admit I have no idea if he was offside or not as at no point during BT review of events did I see or hear this alluded to, merely the award of the pen and card.

First I heard any reference to this was AW crying like a little bitch instead of accepting defeat and perhaps expressing regret and even anger at how his team capitulated and failed to react in a proper way to the events on the pitch.

Can I come back to you tomorrow having watched the recorded highlights again later?

It's really not that important. It's only a game.

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Ah yes, wasn't it 1-1 when he went off injured? And didn't we have a couple of very good chances towards the end of the first half to make it 2-1? Ozil I seem to recall being one of them.

Hard to remember all this football stuff when you're :old:

Xhaka had a good chance but it went right to the keeper.

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 11:15 AM

Bundled over their striker - you blind ****ing know-nothing ****. FFS he just was "stronger". Look at again, you bald Canadian retard. Lewandowski pushed into Koscielny and throws himself to the ground - ABSOLUTELY NO FOUL AT ALL. JESUS WEPT YOU ****ING ARSEHOLE

Phew - feel better now. No offence like

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 11:16 AM
i didn’t think the walcott penalty was a penalty at the time and i had no doubt whatsoever the lewandowski decision was correct.

The yellow v red debate is being caused by the uncertainty created by the referee at the time, his haste perhaps or inexperience perhaps in rushing to the lesser card to then be advised and upgraded by his assistant (which was the correct thing to do, that is why they are there).

Had he just given the red from the off we would have accepted it, moaned of course but briefly and then moved on.

The resultant capitulation and failure in any way to get a hold on the game was a footballing disgrace and embarrassment for our great club. I note sir c talking in a separate missive about the exuberant celebrations of the hun as each goal went in, fair fúcks to them and i would expect our players to do the same in a game of such huge importance. They were enjoying themselves. Wd their players.

Wenger has come out and complained a little too much and in the process made himself look an utter ****, my opinion only, and a standpoint which of course most managers would have taken.

My mind goes back to that moment early in the second half when our bearded french world class striker, our main aerial threat, had a free header from about 5-6 yards and failed to convert. In that moment the match went, not the penalty as bayern appeared to spark into life from their very understandable and comfortable first half slumber.

it wasn't even a foul ffs

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 11:16 AM
when i said "lewandowski decision" i simply mean the penalty as i have seen accusations of diving.

Koscielny fouled lewandowski, soft yes perhaps but the ferocity of the push is irrelevant, he made no effort to play the ball and impeded the pole who was past him and about to strike on goal. He was thus fouled and denied a goal scoring opportunity. Of this i see no debate at all.
he didn't foul him

SWv2
03-08-2017, 11:23 AM
he didn't foul him

He made absolutely no effort to play the ball and impeded the man.

:shrug:

Not all fouls have to be crunching bad or late tackles.

Now please calm down, have a can of coke or whatever to briefly allay the raging hangover which is acting as a catalyst for your anger.

And apologise to Wes, that was uncalled for.

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 11:26 AM

You are right about the rule change but unfortunately it only refers to attempted tackles not to "pushes, pulls, obstructionetc". So if the ref thought Kos pushed Lewandowski, he could still send him off. As the replay from behind the goal clearly shows, he didn't do any of these things - the cheating Polish arsehole pushed him and threw himself to the ground. How these blind ****s see that as a penalty I do not know, ****ING ARSEHOLES*

*the decision did not please me

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 11:27 AM
He made absolutely no effort to play the ball and impeded the man.

:shrug:

Not all fouls have to be crunching bad or late tackles.

Now please calm down, have a can of coke or whatever to briefly allay the raging hangover which is acting as a catalyst for your anger.

And apologise to Wes, that was uncalled for.

He got his body in the way and Lewandoski pushed him and fell to the ground - there was absolutely no foul on Kos's part

SWv2
03-08-2017, 11:45 AM
He got his body in the way and Lewandoski pushed him and fell to the ground - there was absolutely no foul on Kos's part

Listen pal, I understand your anger* and stoic defence of the Arsenal family, you are of course surrounded by the celebrating Hun and no doubt chose to watch the game in a hostelry where much laughing at pointing at how silly we are/were was taking place.

However it is important to retain a sense of overall context.

2-10.

2-5 at the time of the contentious yet correct decision. You know Bayern probably better than any of us, it was not going to happen.

2-6 moments later.

We lost this game in Munich due to utter ineptitude stemming from incompetent team management.

*You are hungover

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Listen pal, I understand your anger* and stoic defence of the Arsenal family, you are of course surrounded by the celebrating Hun and no doubt chose to watch the game in a hostelry where much laughing at pointing at how silly we are/were was taking place.

However it is important to retain a sense of overall context.

2-10.

2-5 at the time of the contentious yet correct decision. You know Bayern probably better than any of us, it was not going to happen.

2-6 moments later.

We lost this game in Munich due to utter ineptitude stemming from incompetent team management.

*You are hungover
Funnily enough the Bayern fan with us kept very quiet. No argument with the overall result - we would have lost the tie regardless. Still not a pen. And I will defend a player who was generally is a fair, disciplined, principled man above a cheating despicable **** like Lewandowski every day of the week - even if they played for Spurs *. Great player that he is his, he deserves a ****ing good shoeing

And I believe one has to sober up to be hungover

* Not Dele Alle or Danny Rose

SWv2
03-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Funnily enough the Bayern fan with us kept very quiet. No argument with the overall result - we would have lost the tie regardless. Still not a pen. And I will defend a player who was generally is a fair, disciplined, principled man above a cheating despicable **** like Lewandowski every day of the week - even if they played for Spurs *. Great player that he is his, he deserves a ****ing good shoeing

And I believe one has to sober up to be hungover

* Not Dele Alle or Danny Rose

His cheating nature caused much ire when Poland played Ireland in a recent Euros qualification stages. The ease with which he went to ground perhaps, the manner in which a strapping 6ft plus of pure muscle could succumb to physical challenge.

Of course all because he played for the opposition.

Similar to how Thierry Henry should have been banned for life for his handball when a similar offence by Robbie Keane in the same game was utterly overlooked.

I suspect you would love RL if he was playing his football in N5, not only love him but find every due reason to defend his intelligent and clever centre-forward play.

Mo Britain less Europe
03-08-2017, 12:21 PM
The Walcott decision was wrong. Alonso touches (faintly) the ball and then bundles him over in the box thus preventing him from reaching a ball he otherwise might well have reached.

The Kos penalty was soft but arguable. The sending-off was wrong.

PSRB
03-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Bundled over their striker - you blind ****ing know-nothing ****. FFS he just was "stronger". Look at again, you bald Canadian retard. Lewandowski pushed into Koscielny and throws himself to the ground - ABSOLUTELY NO FOUL AT ALL. JESUS WEPT YOU ****ING ARSEHOLE

Phew - feel better now. No offence like

In complete agreement, blatant dive. Officials were amongst the worst I've seen.....since the weekend

CrossGun
03-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Lewandowski pushes Koscielny and then dives. Watch this angle:

https://twitter.com/georgiethegoona/status/839231878225866755

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-08-2017, 12:36 PM

It does look like Lewandowski might have been offside. Not a convincing camera angle in real time and no real angle in replay to confirm. Monreal was the furthest defender back.

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 12:39 PM
His cheating nature caused much ire when Poland played Ireland in a recent Euros qualification stages. The ease with which he went to ground perhaps, the manner in which a strapping 6ft plus of pure muscle could succumb to physical challenge.

Of course all because he played for the opposition.

Similar to how Thierry Henry should have been banned for life for his handball when a similar offence by Robbie Keane in the same game was utterly overlooked.

I suspect you would love RL if he was playing his football in N5, not only love him but find every due reason to defend his intelligent and clever centre-forward play.

No arguments on that - would love Lewandowski at Arsenal

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 12:41 PM
In complete agreement, blatant dive. Officials were amongst the worst I've seen.....since the weekend

Proper English reaction - it's these bloody foreigners like SW and Wes who are the problem

SWv2
03-08-2017, 12:42 PM

Absolutely brilliant centre-forward play, wd Lewandowski.

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 12:43 PM
No arguments on that - would love Lewandowski at Arsenal

I hate his face.

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 12:54 PM
I hate his face.

He looks like a weasel, p. You know that he would be the lad at school who would be the first to egg on trouble, and then the first to tell teacher all when it was found out

Ash
03-08-2017, 12:55 PM

Blimey. Nailed on dive and Kos gets sent off. What a shít sport this is sometimes.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-08-2017, 12:57 PM
He looks like a weasel, p. You know that he would be the lad at school who would be the first to egg on trouble, and then the first to tell teacher all when it was found out

:nod:

Frank Lampard

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Blimey. Nailed on dive and Kos gets sent off. What a shít sport this is sometimes.

Yes - how the ****-****, loud-mouthed, sweat-streaked Canadian **** sees that as Koscielny bundling over the striker, we are still waiting to hear

Sir C
03-08-2017, 01:04 PM

Christ, that's remarkably blatant.

SWv2
03-08-2017, 01:07 PM

Good man A :hehe:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Yes - how the ****-****, loud-mouthed, sweat-streaked Canadian **** sees that as Koscielny bundling over the striker, we are still waiting to hear

Let's be honest....the game was over well before that incident. Once the "decision" was made, the players didn't exactly do themselves any favours.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-08-2017, 01:13 PM

:sherlock:
The 6th official cund who upgraded the card is not even looking at the incident !
He is looking at the goal !

:furious: :shout:

Ash
03-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Let's be honest....the game was over well before that incident. Once the "decision" was made, the players didn't exactly do themselves any favours.

The tie was over. The game wasn't, and we were playing some decent football in a match that was worth watching. In fact, we were the better side overall from about 10 mins into the first half until that incident, when we went into our now-familar meltdown. There are no excuses for the meltdown, and likewise no excuses for the poor officiating.

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 01:33 PM
The tie was over. The game wasn't, and we were playing some decent football in a match that was worth watching. In fact, we were the better side overall from about 10 mins into the first half until that incident, when we went into our now-familar meltdown. There are no excuses for the meltdown, and likewise no excuses for the poor officiating.

Wot he said

PSRB
03-08-2017, 01:34 PM

For 55 minutes we were genuinely very good, granted bayern looked a little off the pace but I was still encouraged by it. Ox was excellent, Ramsey & Xhaka seemed to form a decent partnership and then it all got spoilt by yet more officiating nonsense

World's End Stella
03-08-2017, 01:34 PM

Because I am objective, intelligent and generally sober and not a fat, pissed up wannabe Nazi tosser with **** for brains.

That's a nicely edited video which doesn't show Kos initially coming across Lewandowski and initiating (albeit minimal) contact which occurs before that video. I suggest you youtube it.

He was behind Lewandowski, put his arm across him and slightly impeded him and Lewandowski threw himself to the ground.

We have no right to complain. It was a pen. And you're a halfwit who needs a new hobby.

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Because I am objective, intelligent and generally sober and not a fat, pissed up wannabe Nazi tosser with **** for brains.

That's a nicely edited video which doesn't show Kos initially coming across Lewandowski and initiating (albeit minimal) contact which occurs before that video. I suggest you youtube it.

He was behind Lewandowski, put his arm across him and slightly impeded him and Lewandowski threw himself to the ground.

We have no right to complain. It was a pen. And you're a halfwit who needs a new hobby.

:clap: finally a bit of drama on awimb.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-08-2017, 01:37 PM

:Popcornandsoftdrinkwithastraw:

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 01:37 PM

We have not right to complain. It was a pen. And you're a halfwit who needs a new hobby.

Even your very inaccurate description doesn't reveal why it was a penalty - it simply wasn't. There is nobody more objective than me on this board which shows just why you are clearly wrong here. Contact in itself doesn't mean a penalty, otherwise you would have 100 a match - even you might have the intelligence to spot that. There was a coming together - there wasn't a foul

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Even your very inaccurate description doesn't reveal why it was a penalty - it simply wasn't. There is nobody more objective than me on this board which shows just why you are clearly wrong here. Contact in itself doesn't mean a penalty, otherwise you would have 100 a match - even you might have the intelligence to spot that. There was a coming together - there wasn't a foul

FFS call him another name back.

Sir C
03-08-2017, 01:38 PM

FFS, we're trying to bring back the glory days here. Chucking in a little gratuitous abuse wouldn't have killed you, would it?

Pokster
03-08-2017, 01:40 PM
FFS, we're trying to bring back the glory days here. Chucking in a little gratuitous abuse wouldn't have killed you, would it?

Oh you can **** off you ****ing, just for men using prick..... that sort of thing?

Viva Prat Vegas
03-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Oh you can **** off you ****ing, just for men using prick..... that sort of thing?

Anything with stars in is brill

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 01:42 PM

I'm embarrassed by the lack of it - I apologise to awimb, my family who have supported me through this difficult time, Wes's mum for whom gratuitous abuse is a way of life, and to Wes himself for failing to call him an opinionated dimwit who would struggle to tell the difference between a fair challenge and a penalty even though he both looks like and has the charisma of the ******* love child of Howard Webb, Mike Dean and Mike Riley

Viva Prat Vegas
03-08-2017, 01:44 PM
I'm embarrassed by the lack of it - I apologise to awimb, my family who have supported me through this difficult time, Wes's mum for whom gratuitous abuse is a way of life, and to Wes himself for failing to call him an opinionated dimwit who would struggle to tell the difference between a fair challenge and a penalty even though he both looks like and has the charisma of the ******* love child of Howard Webb, Mike Dean and Mike Riley

Great climax :thumbup:
Keep it up

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 01:45 PM

oooooooooh ****.

If I was more urban I'd run around the room right now going mental.

brap brap

Sir C
03-08-2017, 01:46 PM

There's no need for rudeness.

Bald ****.

Sir C
03-08-2017, 01:47 PM

That's the shít we need :clap: (Where's Headgear, I fancy calling someone a dirty commie tramp.)

World's End Stella
03-08-2017, 01:50 PM

Lewandowski was in possession of the ball, it was played into him by Robben (I think), he had taken a touch and was moving across the box, Kos came from the side and slightly behind him and put his arm across him and initiated a small amount of contact, Lewandowski threw himself to the ground.

We have no complaints imo.

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 01:53 PM
Lewandowski was in possession of the ball, it was played into him by Robben (I think), he had taken a touch and was moving across the box, Kos came from the side and slightly behind him and put his arm across him and initiated a small amount of contact, Lewandowski threw himself to the ground.

agggggghhh.

That's the noise fans make when we misplace a pass.

SWv2
03-08-2017, 01:54 PM
I don't think this bickering serves any purpose other than to provide a snapshot of what it is currently like to support Arsenal.

Brother fighting brother, neighbour v neighbour, arguing over whether he should stay or go, penalty or not penalty. Opinion v opinion, none really relevant. Some less relevant than others, some entirely irrelevant though to be fair he may be in surgery.

It was a penalty. The Greek bloke gave it. The penalty decided fúck all over the course of the two legged tie in which we were simply embarrassed and shown to be light years from the very top level.

Wenger out.

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 01:55 PM

Again nothing you described sounds like a penalty - please see previous posts for gratuitous insults. I can't keep retyping the same thing

Sir C
03-08-2017, 01:56 PM
I don't think this bickering serves any purpose other than to provide a snapshot of what it is currently like to support Arsenal.

Brother fighting brother, neighbour v neighbour, arguing over whether he should stay or go, penalty or not penalty. Opinion v opinion, none really relevant. Some less relevant than others, some entirely irrelevant though to be fair he may be in surgery.

It was a penalty. The Greek bloke gave it. The penalty decided fúck all over the course of the two legged tie in which we were simply embarrassed and shown to be light years from the very top level.

Wenger out.

It wasn't a penalty. The ref was bent. UEFA were determined that we went out.

It's a fúcking conspiracy.

Sir C
03-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Again nothing you described sounds like a penalty - please see previous posts for gratuitous insults. I can't keep retyping the same thing

You could call him a ****?

SWv2
03-08-2017, 01:59 PM
It wasn't a penalty. The ref was bent. UEFA were determined that we went out.

It's a fúcking conspiracy.

Some less relevant than others, some entirely irrelevant though to be fair he may be in surgery.

Pokster
03-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Great climax :thumbup:
Keep it up

That's what your mum said

World's End Stella
03-08-2017, 02:08 PM

Wenger out.

There was just as much, or more, fighting and abuse in the glory days, SW. Great fun, of course.

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 02:12 PM
i don't think this bickering serves any purpose other than to provide a snapshot of what it is currently like to support arsenal.

It was a penalty. The greek bloke gave it. The penalty decided fúck all over the course of the two legged tie in which we were simply embarrassed and shown to be light years from the very top level.

Wenger out.

potd #2....

World's End Stella
03-08-2017, 02:16 PM

You think that if a player is running and in full possession of the ball and a defender puts him arm across him and initiates contact without being anywhere near the ball, that isn't a foul?

Blimey.

I have no sympathy for us or Kos. The ball that was played into Lewandowski was a simple little through ball that gets cut out 99 times out of 100. It took three Arsenal players out of the play including Kos, who had stupidly stepped up. Any defender who puts his arm across a player on the ball, in the box, has no complaint if the ref gives a pen.

Luis Anaconda
03-08-2017, 04:23 PM
You think that if a player is running and in full possession of the ball and a defender puts him arm across him and initiates contact without being anywhere near the ball, that isn't a foul?

Blimey.

I have no sympathy for us or Kos. The ball that was played into Lewandowski was a simple little through ball that gets cut out 99 times out of 100. It took three Arsenal players out of the play including Kos, who had stupidly stepped up. Any defender who puts his arm across a player on the ball, in the box, has no complaint if the ref gives a pen.

IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T

That's all I have to say

And to apologise for anything nasty I said about you. SW is right - we should all stand together

Just before we jump

Burney
03-08-2017, 04:24 PM
IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T IT WASN'T

:clap: This is my favourite AWIMB response ever.