PDA

View Full Version : Aside from all the other stuff, it was slightly odd watching Bayern celebrate

Sir C
03-08-2017, 09:12 AM
what were effectively their 8th, 9th and 10th goals as if they were last minute winners in the CL final.

Germans, you see. No sense of perspective.

Burney
03-08-2017, 09:13 AM
what were effectively their 8th, 9th and 10th goals as if they were last minute winners in the CL final.

Being Germans, they were clearly enjoying the vicious humiliation of their opponents. Sadists to a man and woman every single one of them - even the non-German ones.

IUFG
03-08-2017, 09:14 AM
ruthless winners, sc.

the antithesis of our bunch of powder puff pansies

I thought the Ox hard tried, mind.

World's End Stella
03-08-2017, 09:15 AM
ruthless winners, sc.

I only watched up until their penalty was scored but thought that Xhaka was very good during that time. Him and Ox.

Burney
03-08-2017, 09:16 AM
ruthless winners, sc.

They can all fück off. They're all smeared with failure and I hate every single one of them.

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 09:17 AM

:nod: they should be a little bit humble.

After all it's not like we are anybody special they beat us all the time.

They even took the piss on their twitter.
CLASSLESS.

Sir C
03-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Being Germans, they were clearly enjoying the vicious humiliation of their opponents. Sadists to a man and woman every single one of them - even the non-German ones.

:nod: An evil race, of that there is no question.

Let's bomb the ****s again.

World's End Stella
03-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Not bothered about him changing the yellow to red, in fact I'm sort of pleased that those useless muppets that typically stand next to the goal doing nothing finally made a decision.

Alonso got a touch so it wasn't a pen, Kos bundled their striker over and it was clearly a denial of a goal scoring opportunity. All correct.

Those of the optimistic nature might also point out that with 11 v 11 over about 100 minutes of play I think we beat them 2-1? Doesn't excuse the defensive collapses but it at least suggests we have some rather talented players.

All we need now is Monty to assure us that a 10 game winning streak is about to begin and all will be well. :-)

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-08-2017, 09:22 AM

It seems that ze Germans have some sense of irony what with them singing all those songs. ... boring, boring Arsenal, Football's coming home etc.

Bunch of ****s

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Not bothered about him changing the yellow to red, in fact I'm sort of pleased that those useless muppets that typically stand next to the goal doing nothing finally made a decision.

Alonso got a touch so it wasn't a pen, Kos bundled their striker over and it was clearly a denial of a goal scoring opportunity. All correct.

Those of the optimistic nature might also point out that with 11 v 11 over about 100 minutes of play I think we beat them 2-1? Doesn't excuse the defensive collapses but it at least suggests we have some rather talented players.

All we need now is Monty to assure us that a 10 game winning streak is about to begin and all will be well. :-)

there is nothing positive from either of those games.
Sanchez only scored due to a bit of luck from a crap penalty.
and Walcott's should have never gone in. and the only reason we had a bit of a decent start is Bayern already 5-1 up decided to lay back a bit.

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 09:33 AM
It seems that ze Germans have some sense of irony what with them singing all those songs. ... boring, boring Arsenal, Football's coming home etc.

Bunch of ****s

That's right, I think. Everyone banters them off for having no sense of humour and this is their retaliation.

Burney
03-08-2017, 09:34 AM
there is nothing positive from either of those games.
Sanchez only scored due to a bit of luck from a crap penalty.
and Walcott's should have never gone in. and the only reason we had a bit of a decent start is Bayern already 5-1 up decided to lay back a bit.

I think the only positive is that those results remove any doubt over whether AW will stay. It's time to start again.

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 09:35 AM
I think the only positive is that those results remove any doubt over whether AW will stay. It's time to start again.

You've finally got what you wanted and now you're going to gloat :-(

Burney
03-08-2017, 09:39 AM
You've finally got what you wanted and now you're going to gloat :-(

I'm not gloating. I say it with sorrow. It's like the end of Hamlet: yes, every fücker's dead, but at least it's all over and now it's time for Laertes to come along and clean up the mess.

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm not gloating. I say it with sorrow. It's like the end of Hamlet: yes, every fücker's dead, but at least it's all over and now it's time for Laertes to come along and clean up the mess.

Same difference, imo. At best, it's a backhanded gloat. Like loudly bemoaning the cost of sending one's children to Cheltenham.

Burney
03-08-2017, 09:56 AM
Same difference, imo. At best, it's a backhanded gloat. Like loudly bemoaning the cost of sending one's children to Cheltenham.

My bum. You're lashing out, r.

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 10:02 AM
My bum. You're lashing out, r.

Not at all. I think your prescience is to be applauded. Especially as it seems you arrived at that conclusion, rather than instinctively began with it, as I did :-\

Rich
03-08-2017, 10:07 AM
He's going to banter us all off and sign a new deal in May. Just you wait.

Burney
03-08-2017, 10:08 AM
He's going to banter us all off and sign a new deal in May. Just you wait.

Do you still think there's a rule that people should walk on the left in corridors, r?

Rich
03-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Do you still think there's a rule that people should walk on the left in corridors, r?

It's just efficiency, B. Why don't people see that their journeys could be a little quicker and less stressful if everyone knew where they should be. No obstruction, no delays, no stop start, no frustration :cloud9:

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 10:17 AM

There may actually be something in it. Even after all these years, when crossing the road, I always look right first. Similarly, I always move to the left when other people approach on a pathway or in a corridor, just as they move to their right.

Not sure one would call it a rule though.

Sir C
03-08-2017, 10:17 AM

Staying to the left of the corridor was certainly a rule in my school.

Burney
03-08-2017, 10:21 AM
There may actually be something in it. Even after all these years, when crossing the road, I always look right first. Similarly, I always move to the left when other people approach on a pathway or in a corridor, just as they move to their right.

Not sure one would call it a rule though.

Yes. It's worst with women. I get a slight panic when I step the wrong way and block a woman more than once that they're going to assume I'm a sex mechanic and scream 'Rape'. :-(

Burney
03-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Staying to the left of the corridor was certainly a rule in my school.

It just strikes me as a little Stalinist, that's all.

Sir C
03-08-2017, 10:24 AM
It just strikes me as a little Stalinist, that's all.

:shrug: Schools have rules. It's what they do. Or they certainly used to, anyway. Didn't you have rules about running in corridors? Standing up when a master entered a classroom?

Ash
03-08-2017, 10:25 AM
It's just efficiency, B. Why don't people see that their journeys could be a little quicker and less stressful if everyone knew where they should be. No obstruction, no delays, no stop start, no frustration :cloud9:

I concur - very sensible. Though persumably one would walk on the right when in furrin lands.

Burney
03-08-2017, 10:30 AM
:shrug: Schools have rules. It's what they do. Or they certainly used to, anyway. Didn't you have rules about running in corridors? Standing up when a master entered a classroom?

Oh, I don't mean in school, I mean in real life. Whenever I hear the word 'efficiency', I mentally tend to release the safety catch on my Browning.

Sir C
03-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Oh, I don't mean in school, I mean in real life. Whenever I hear the word 'efficiency', I mentally tend to release the safety catch on my Browning.

Oh, in real life, you say? I don't really do rules in real life, as far as I can help it. :seatbelts:

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Yes. It's worst with women. I get a slight panic when I step the wrong way and block a woman more than once that they're going to assume I'm a sex mechanic and scream 'Rape'. :-(

In my case, they seem to welcome the confusion, find it cute :-\

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 10:36 AM

You really *do* hate Wenger, don't you.

Burney
03-08-2017, 10:41 AM
You really *do* hate Wenger, don't you.

I don't think you could ever accuse him of being efficient, could you? His was a doomed romantic ideal - surely the diametric opposite of ruthless efficiency?

SWv2
03-08-2017, 10:47 AM

They had only 1 more German on the pitch than we did to be fair. Might even have been level at the end.

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 10:54 AM
I don't think you could ever accuse him of being efficient, could you? His was a doomed romantic ideal - surely the diametric opposite of ruthless efficiency?

No, but it's certainly one of His watchwords.