PDA

View Full Version : And to top it all off, every smoke alarm in my house went off in the

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 08:53 AM
middle of the night. But there was no smoke, no fire, no **** all.

*******s.

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 09:00 AM

*******s.

Was someone cooking chips on the sly?

redgunamo
03-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Was someone cooking chips on the sly?

If they were, they didn't offer me any :-|

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 09:09 AM
better that way.

You'd be just ready to eat them when some Bayern types would arrive and piss all over them.

Burney
03-08-2017, 09:11 AM

*******s.

Smoke alarms are literally the bane of my fücking life. The slightest sear on a steak and the fücking thing goes off. Yesterday we had a plumber in and he had to weld a pipe. You'd have thought the Luftwaffe were overhead from the noise the fücker made. My wife won't let me put clingfilm over them - some shïte about one saving her life once or something. :rolleyes:

Sir C
03-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Smoke alarms are literally the bane of my fücking life. The slightest sear on a steak and the fücking thing goes off. Yesterday we had a plumber in and he had to weld a pipe. You'd have thought the Luftwaffe were overhead from the noise the fücker made. My wife won't let me put clingfilm over them - some shïte about one saving her life once or something. :rolleyes:

I removed the batteries from mine years ago. No one's noticed yet.

Burney
03-08-2017, 09:14 AM

Mine are wired to the fücking mains. :-( If you remove the batteries, they go berserk.

Sir C
03-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Mine are wired to the fücking mains. :-( If you remove the batteries, they go berserk.

Pair of wirecutters, that's what you need.

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 09:19 AM

I took the batteries out of mine too.

Not only is it a noisy temperamental thing. it has this very annoying flashing LED light.

Burney
03-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Pair of wirecutters, that's what you need.

Mind you, I did a remarkably stupid thing the other day. I was heating the oil in a bun tin for Yorkshire puddings in one of my ovens. Only, rather than switch the oven on, I switched the grill on and shut the door. When I opened the oven door, of course, they all caught fire. I got them to the sink and just remembered in time not to run the tap onto them, instead doing the wet tea towel thing.

Of course, all the while the smoke alarm was helpfully going off to tell me that something was on fire - in case I hadn't noticed. :rolleyes:

Sir C
03-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Mind you, I did a remarkably stupid thing the other day. I was heating the oil in a bun tin for Yorkshire puddings in one of my ovens. Only, rather than switch the oven on, I switched the grill on and shut the door. When I opened the oven door, of course, they all caught fire. I got them to the sink and just remembered in time not to run the tap onto them, instead doing the wet tea towel thing.

Of course, all the while the smoke alarm was helpfully going off to tell me that something was on fire - in case I hadn't noticed. :rolleyes:

:hehe: You could, of course, have just closed the oven door...

Pat Vegas
03-08-2017, 09:22 AM

:nod: that's all you need in a stressful situation a extremely loud annoying alarm going off at the same time.

Like when I watch Air Crash investigation the cockpit is going mental. Too Low terrain, Pull up, BLEEP BLEEP, WOOP WOOP,
No wonder they crash. I find it distracting when driving when the radio is too loud.

Burney
03-08-2017, 09:24 AM
:hehe: You could, of course, have just closed the oven door...

I considered that, but it would have fücked up the inside of my oven. I preferred to risk third degree burns.

Burney
03-08-2017, 09:26 AM
:nod: that's all you need in a stressful situation a extremely loud annoying alarm going off at the same time.

Like when I watch Air Crash investigation the cockpit is going mental. Too Low terrain, Pull up, BLEEP BLEEP, WOOP WOOP,
No wonder they crash. I find it distracting when driving when the radio is too loud.

Yes, I've always thought that about those alarms. They should be more polite. Something like 'Sorry to bother you, but do you realise how close to the ground you are?'

Sir C
03-08-2017, 09:28 AM

There was a time when the voice on the GPWS was a lady. This didn't work out too well when an Aeromexico flight made a mistake on the approach into an airport near some mountainous terrain. "TERRAIN!" she cried. "TERRAIN! WHOOP WHOOP PULL UP TERRAIN!"

The last sounds on the cockpit voice recorder were those of the first officer saying "Shut up gringo bitch" and hitting the mute button... :hehe: