PDA

View Full Version : Something is going on at London Bridge

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 03:20 PM
:sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock:

I should jump on twitter and scare people needlessly

redgunamo
03-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Even twitter must be aware of that by this time surely. I mean, that news must be about 300 years old.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Even twitter must be aware of that by this time surely. I mean, that news must be about 300 years old.

I thought it was falling down.

IUFG
03-07-2017, 03:39 PM

bomb squard at a 'suspicious car'. apparently.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 03:41 PM

same day that modd returns to Awimb :sherlock:

Nothing new it's been part of London for many years the old bomb scare.

Clearly this is someone who thinks they can park where ever they want whilst they pick up their dry cleaning.

IUFG
03-07-2017, 03:42 PM
:nod: it'll be some clueless ****

Burney
03-07-2017, 03:43 PM

I'm always disappointed by how lame and low-tech bomb disposal robots look. I know there's no point spending a load of cash on the aesthetics given that they might well just get blown to smithereens, but they could make some effort. There are much better looking robots in Robot Wars.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 03:49 PM
I'm always disappointed by how lame and low-tech bomb disposal robots look. I know there's no point spending a load of cash on the aesthetics given that they might well just get blown to smithereens, but they could make some effort. There are much better looking robots in Robot Wars.

I had to attend a Project Griffin workshop once when I was in security.
It was quite interesting though this was just after 7/7

The robot uses a highly pressure jet of water to destroy a suspect package (unless they have changed since then) they gave us a demo.

I got a certificate anymore. On the downside if something kicked off we were like the bodies who had to assist the police. we had special hi-vis tabards and everything.

I also found out if you had to send them into a building they are not very effective if someone hasn't left all the doors open.

Burney
03-07-2017, 03:51 PM
I had to attend a Project Griffin workshop once when I was in security.
It was quite interesting though this was just after 7/7

The robot uses a highly pressure jet of water to destroy a suspect package (unless they have changed since then) they gave us a demo.

I got a certificate anymore. On the downside if something kicked off we were like the bodies who had to assist the police. we had special hi-vis tabards and everything.

I also found out if you had to send them into a building they are not very effective if someone hasn't left all the doors open.

It's good that you had tabards. You can't possibly be expected to deal with an emergency without a high-vis tabard imo.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 03:53 PM
It's good that you had tabards. You can't possibly be expected to deal with an emergency without a high-vis tabard imo.

:hehe: I love the definition of tabard.

a sleeveless jerkin consisting only of front and back pieces with a hole for the head.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 03:57 PM

Also you'd be surprised what power a uniform can give you.
People actually do what you say.

don't take photos please. move along, no skateboarding, no tramps allowed this way.

Ash
03-07-2017, 04:20 PM

A confident sense of vocal authority in specific circumstances can achieve this too.

"Can you stand on the RIGHT, please?"

:cloud9:

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 04:23 PM
A confident sense of vocal authority in specific circumstances can achieve this too.

:hehe: it sometimes works on trains. 'can you move down please'
Though I always feel there is a slightly wimpier version.

'can you move down a bit please'

the bit is more gentle it suggests if you could move down just a little tiny amount but not too much.

I don't like when they say it and there is actually any space at all to move.

Burney
03-07-2017, 04:24 PM

don't take photos please. move along, no skateboarding, no tramps allowed this way.

I was thinking the other day how you don't really get proper tramps these days. You know: old drunk fellas with beards, trousers held up with string and a battered old trilby. These days they're usually young and have sleeping bags (which is cheating imo).

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 04:26 PM
I was thinking the other day how you don't really get proper tramps these days. You know: old drunk fellas with beards, trousers held up with string and a battered old trilby. These days they're usually young and have sleeping bags (which is cheating imo).

:Nod: There are a few of the gypsy type who seem to have re-emerged recently. One was trying to sell me a can of coke on the north Circular at the lights.

or sitting in a heap all twisted up and saying PLEEEEEEEEEZE isn't enough imo.

You still get proper mental homeless in North America though.

Ash
03-07-2017, 04:28 PM
:hehe: it sometimes works on trains. 'can you move down please'
Though I always feel there is a slightly wimpier version.

'can you move down a bit please'

:nod: Definitely too many politenesses there. Use the tone of the driver imo. "Move DOWN inside the car, please".

For some reason the escalator magic doesn't seem to apply to department stores. :-(

Ash
03-07-2017, 04:30 PM

Not only that, they have their possessions piled up all around. 'orrible mess it is. Someone should burgle them imo. Not that anyone wants a filthy pile of rubbish.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Not only that, they have their possessions piled up all around. 'orrible mess it is. Someone should burgle them imo. Not that anyone wants a filthy pile of rubbish.

Is it trendy now for tramps to have a couple of books with them?
they all seem to love to read now.

Like a guitar in the corner on furniture shop adverts.

Sir C
03-07-2017, 04:33 PM

:nod: Orwell's Down and out in Paris and London would be deadly dull today, wouldn't it? "Sat in a shop doorway in the Strand and got píssed on" just ain't cutting it.

Burney
03-07-2017, 04:34 PM
:Nod: There are a few of the gypsy type who seem to have re-emerged recently. One was trying to sell me a can of coke on the north Circular at the lights.

or sitting in a heap all twisted up and saying PLEEEEEEEEEZE isn't enough imo.

You still get proper mental homeless in North America though.

Oh, yeah, the whiny ones who look like they could give you Hepatitis B just by touching you are the worst. Nobody wants that. :-( There's such a thing as being too needy for your own good when you're a homeless imo. I'm much more inclined to give money to a cheery, upbeat indigent than one of those 'woe is me' fückers.

Although those ones on the tubes or trains can always fück off imo.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 04:35 PM

I was thinking why do we stand on the right but do most other things on the left?

This is not a political statement.

I would have thought the middle area heading towards the escalator would be where the most people are. I wonder if more people walk or stay stationary.

Burney
03-07-2017, 04:36 PM
:nod: Orwell's Down and out in Paris and London would be deadly dull today, wouldn't it? "Sat in a shop doorway in the Strand and got píssed on" just ain't cutting it.

Do they even still sleep under newspapers? I doubt it. No respect for tradition, you see?

Burney
03-07-2017, 04:37 PM
I was thinking why do we stand on the right but do most other things on the left?

This is not a political statement.

I would have thought the middle area heading towards the escalator would be where the most people are. I wonder if more people walk or stay stationary.

We move on the left. That's in line with our driving. Although do you remember Rich trying to tell us all that there was some sort of unwritten law that in corridors we should all walk on the left? The lunatic. :hehe:

Sir C
03-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Oh, yeah, the whiny ones who look like they could give you Hepatitis B just by touching you are the worst. Nobody wants that. :-( There's such a thing as being too needy for your own good when you're a homeless imo. I'm much more inclined to give money to a cheery, upbeat indigent than one of those 'woe is me' fückers.

Although those ones on the tubes or trains can always fück off imo.

I walked past one in Oxford on Friday evening in the absolute píssing rain, and gave him some change. The glw, píssed, said, "You can't stay out in this, you'll drown. How much do you need to get into a hostel?"

Seriously, the fúcker's eyes lit up as he pictured the wee baggie of brown. "Twenty quid will do it", he replied.

:rolleyes:

Sir C
03-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Do they even still sleep under newspapers? I doubt it. No respect for tradition, you see?

It's filthy blankets all the way these days. Blankets! Looxureh.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 04:39 PM
We move on the left. That's in line with our driving. Although do you remember Rich trying to tell us all that there was some sort of unwritten law that in corridors we should all walk on the left? The lunatic. :hehe:

:hehe: wasn't it sort of hospital related.

I am going to keep an eye on people now to see how they walk in the corridor.

Burney
03-07-2017, 04:40 PM
I walked past one in Oxford on Friday evening in the absolute píssing rain, and gave him some change. The glw, píssed, said, "You can't stay out in this, you'll drown. How much do you need to get into a hostel?"

Seriously, the fúcker's eyes lit up as he pictured the wee baggie of brown. "Twenty quid will do it", he replied.

:hehe: She probably killed him. He almost certainly ended his evening with a grin on his face, an armful of smack and no pulse.

Good way to go. Fair dos.

Burney
03-07-2017, 04:41 PM
:hehe: wasn't it sort of hospital related.

I am going to keep an eye on people now to see how they walk in the corridor.

No, it was in general. The man's insane.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 04:43 PM

I had some fella come up to me one lunch time.

'I just got out of prison' 'i don't want to commit any more crimes' ' i am just looking for some money for the night so I can stay in a hostel'

I was ready to shank him obviously. or perhaps a 187 on his ass. I didn't like his way.

redgunamo
03-07-2017, 04:44 PM

You do in Europe #brexit

Burney
03-07-2017, 04:46 PM
I had some fella come up to me one lunch time.

'I just got out of prison' 'i don't want to commit any more crimes' ' i am just looking for some money for the night so I can stay in a hostel'

I was ready to shank him obviously. or perhaps a 187 on his ass. I didn't like his way.

I was once approached outside East Croydon station by a chap claiming to be a blindoid. He had sunglasses on at night, so this seemed legit. I was a bit pïssed and feeling sentimental, so I gave him a tenner. He then proceeded to leg it at high speed towards Wellesley Road. :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
03-07-2017, 04:46 PM

i was thinking about that the other day, while avoiding bumping into people in the corridor despite the lack of a rule. Bizarre thing to say

Burney
03-07-2017, 04:47 PM
You do in Europe #brexit

:nod: I remember one on the Metro who was properly kitted out as described. He smelled quite appalling. Proper order.

Sir C
03-07-2017, 04:48 PM
i was thinking about that the other day, while avoiding bumping into people in the corridor despite the lack of a rule. Bizarre thing to say

Wait, in Germany there is no rule about which side of the corridor down which one spazierenmussen?

This is outrageous! Someone tell Fuhrer Merkel! Wir mussen Ordnung haben!

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 04:48 PM

I hope Wenger isn't reading this thread.

the whole team will be on the left.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 04:49 PM
I was once approached outside East Croydon station by a chap claiming to be a blindoid. He had sunglasses on at night, so this seemed legit. I was a bit pïssed and feeling sentimental, so I gave him a tenner. He then proceeded to leg it at high speed towards Wellesley Road. :hehe:

Sound like he robbed you blind :-)

Burney
03-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Sound like he robbed you blind :-)

I remember thinking it was quite a good gimmick. You're always going to feel sorrier for a blind tramp than a fully-sighted one, after all.

redgunamo
03-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Wait, in Germany there is no rule about which side of the corridor down which one spazierenmussen?

This is outrageous! Someone tell Fuhrer Merkel! Wir mussen Ordnung haben!

The Germans are done, C. Nervous and panicky. Just waiting for us to finish them off tonight

https://youtu.be/ymPBJu-Rftc

Sir C
03-07-2017, 04:54 PM
The Germans are done, C. Nervous and panicky. Just waiting for us to finish them off tonight

https://youtu.be/ymPBJu-Rftc

Mueller is just evil, isn't he? You can see it in his eyes.

Pat Vegas
03-07-2017, 04:57 PM
I remember thinking it was quite a good gimmick. You're always going to feel sorrier for a blind tramp than a fully-sighted one, after all.

I quite liked this fella outside ihop in Vegas.

he appears to have one leg.

Burney
03-07-2017, 05:04 PM

Even for a German, that level of Schadenfreude is unacceptable.

redgunamo
03-07-2017, 05:13 PM

They only keep him about the place there to sell shirts, so I gather.