03-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Schnitzel. Chips. Peas.

Get in.

How are you saucing that?

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Schnitzel. Chips. Peas.

Get in.

I will cook a burger but put it in a salad.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
03-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Schnitzel. Chips. Peas.

Get in.
Quick pizza as I'm off to see Stiff Little Fingers in Exeter tonight :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 04:37 PM

They are not the same since Beadle died.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:37 PM
How are you saucing that?

I'm going in dry. Spritz of lemon juice.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:38 PM

Stiff Little Fingers in Exeter :hehe: The glamour!

03-06-2017, 04:38 PM
They are not the same since Beadle died.

RIP Jezza :-( his hand made Trump's look mahoosive.

03-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Stiff Little Fingers in Exeter :hehe: The glamour!

I know :hehe: just continuing my routine of catching up on some of the bands I missed back in the day...

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:40 PM

A home made burger, f? Try mince, handful of moistened breadcrumbs, couple of tablespoons of oyster sauce.

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:41 PM
I'm going in dry. Spritz of lemon juice.

Ooof! Not sure I can endorse that. Dry chips and a dry schnitzel? You need some culinary lube in there for my money or you'll get gastronomic chafing.

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 04:42 PM
A home made burger, f? Try mince, handful of moistened breadcrumbs, couple of tablespoons of oyster sauce.

I'm lazy I have some Angus burgers in the fridge.

My cake goes down a storm though. I made one this past weekend with my new cake tins with the release gimmicks on them.
I refrained from eating any though.

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:43 PM

I have cold roast beef. I could do something clever with it, but I'll probably just have it with a dauphinoise and some salad.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Ooof! Not sure I can endorse that. Dry chips and a dry schnitzel? You need some culinary lube in there for my money or you'll get gastronomic chafing.

Nonsense. The schnitzel is generally served dry in Germany, Austria, my house, the Delaunay and The Wolseley. It's a whole plateful of crispness balanced by the yeilding veal and fluffy chipinteriors.

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:44 PM
I'm lazy I have some Angus burgers in the fridge.

My cake goes down a storm though. I made one this past weekend with my new cake tins with the release gimmicks on them.
I refrained from eating any though.

Baking though, f. :-( This is not the butch end of cooking. I associate it with the sort of fellow who wears an apron.

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 04:44 PM
I have cold roast beef. I could do something clever with it, but I'll probably just have it with a dauphinoise and some salad.

I'm 2 weeks in on my regime and have lost 5lbs. I've even given up the cans of coke.
I would still like to lose another 20lbs though.

Then I will bulk up.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:45 PM

You should hash that mother.

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 04:46 PM
Baking though, f. :-( This is not the butch end of cooking. I associate it with the sort of fellow who wears an apron.

:hehe: If it's any consolation i leave the kitchen in a ****ing mess. I am incapable of taking a spoon and putting something like flour in a bowl without making a disaster.

And nothing more annoying than realising I am missing an ingredient like icing sugar so I have to drive to the supermarket mid baking.

Sir C

I saw the Great British Bake Off but with pottery the other day. The Great British Pottery Off, I believe it was called. It was marvellous.

Burney
Nonsense. The schnitzel is generally served dry in Germany, Austria, my house, the Delaunay and The Wolseley. It's a whole plateful of crispness balanced by the yeilding veal and fluffy chipinteriors.

I know it is, but the chips are adding an extra level of dryness into the equation for me. I'd need a little dab of something Heinz related to help things flow more easily.

Or you could just do the decent thing and make a Jägerschnitzel like a good chap.

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 04:47 PM
I saw the Great British Bake Off but with pottery the other day. The Great British Pottery Off, I believe it was called. It was marvellous.

There is even an ironmonger like version on the history channel.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:47 PM
I know :hehe: just continuing my routine of catching up on some of the bands I missed back in the day...

You should get twisted on a baggie of cheap, nasty speed and drink cider all evening. Get the correct vibe going.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:48 PM
I know it is, but the chips are adding an extra level of dryness into the equation for me. I'd need a little dab of something Heinz related to help things flow more easily.

Or you could just do the decent thing and make a Jägerschnitzel like a good chap.

I've got no cream and no mushrooms. I'll have to do it Holstein; I have eggs and anchovies.

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:49 PM
You should hash that mother.

I could, couldn't I? Particularly as there are cold roast potatoes in the fridge that could be put to use (fück knows why she keeps them - you can't reheat a roast potato, ffs!). I could even add a bit of the gravy into the hash for added flavour. Egg on top. Blinding.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:50 PM
I could, couldn't I? Particularly as there are cold roast potatoes in the fridge that could be put to use (fück knows why she keeps them - you can't reheat a roast potato, ffs!). I could even add a bit of the gravy into the hash for added flavour. Egg on top. Blinding.

:nod: You could even poach the egg to keep it healthy.

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:51 PM
I've got no cream and no mushrooms. I'll have to do it Holstein; I have eggs and anchovies.

That would do. The egg yolk will transform matters, particularly as the chips are dipped therein.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:51 PM
There is even an ironmonger like version on the history channel.

Ironmonger? What, people compete to serve customers with nails and screws and that?

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:52 PM
:nod: You could even poach the egg to keep it healthy.

:nod: I think we have a plan.

I shall, of course, douse it liberally with ketchup. :eat:

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:53 PM
That would do. The egg yolk will transform matters, particularly as the chips are dipped therein.

Yes. My great fear with this dish, of course, is that I will inadvertantly allow some yolk to come into contact with the peas :shudder:

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 04:53 PM

And lashings of beer, of course.

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Ironmonger? What, people compete to serve customers with nails and screws and that?

I've heard that there's a chap on the pottery thing who keeps blubbing when he sees a nice pot. :-( Is this true? You know how I feel about chaps blubbing.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:54 PM
:nod: I think we have a plan.

I shall, of course, douse it liberally with ketchup. :eat:

Personally, I'd go for a splash of Worcestershire, but there you go.

Don't, for the love of God, allow the ketchup anywhere near the egg!

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:55 PM
Yes. My great fear with this dish, of course, is that I will inadvertantly allow some yolk to come into contact with the peas :shudder:

I think the rough and absorbent exterior of the schnitzel will prevent that

Sir C
And lashings of beer, of course.

Beer? With dinner? We're not animals in this country, r.

I have a rather nice, light Malbec which will be ideally suited, I think.

Pat Vegas
I've heard that there's a chap on the pottery thing who keeps blubbing when he sees a nice pot. :-( Is this true? You know how I feel about chaps blubbing.

He's lost the pot.

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Personally, I'd go for a splash of Worcestershire, but there you go.

Don't, for the love of God, allow the ketchup anywhere near the egg!

Oh, the eggy/ketchup mess is essential. I like to cut everything up once it's fully slathered with the sauce and then shovel it right-handed into my face like some sort of American. :cloud9:

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:56 PM
He's lost the pot.

Oh, well played, f :clap:

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 04:57 PM

Nah nah making a sword etc. Oh no my sword hasn't set. etc.

Speaking of Ironmongers there is one in Camden that always has ladders outside. I was thinking if the shopkeeper goes out every morning to hang them up and then takes them back in in the evening. Seems a fuss if it's raining.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 04:57 PM

Oh yes, and he has the most incredible combover.

Stand by. I shall seek him out.

Here we go.

Burney
03-06-2017, 04:59 PM
Oh yes, and he has the most incredible combover.

Stand by. I shall seek him out.

Here we go.

Oh, my good God! He looks like Mark Kermode's sex offending brother. I can't possibly watch such a thing.

Burney
03-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Nah nah making a sword etc. Oh no my sword hasn't set. etc.

Speaking of Ironmongers there is one in Camden that always has ladders outside. I was thinking if the shopkeeper goes out every morning to hang them up and then takes them back in in the evening. Seems a fuss if it's raining.

I think you mean 'blacksmith', f. Ironmongers mong iron, blacksmiths forge it.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Oh, the eggy/ketchup mess is essential. I like to cut everything up once it's fully slathered with the sauce and then shovel it right-handed into my face like some sort of American. :cloud9:

If ketchup touched my egg I would hurl, instantly. Unless, of course, the egg/ketchup mash up occurred in the secret, unseen confines of a samblech, in which case, delicieux!

Burney
03-06-2017, 05:04 PM
If ketchup touched my egg I would hurl, instantly. Unless, of course, the egg/ketchup mash up occurred in the secret, unseen confines of a samblech, in which case, delicieux!

Oh, I love to mop up the yolky-ketchupy-greasy stuff with my toast at the end of a fry-up.

Somewhere along the line, though, my daughter has taken to doing this to scrambled eggs. Quite disgusting.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Oh, I love to mop up the yolky-ketchupy-greasy stuff with my toast at the end of a fry-up.

Somewhere along the line, though, my daughter has taken to doing this to scrambled eggs. Quite disgusting.

Poor show, that. Really poor. :-(

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 05:09 PM
I think you mean 'blacksmith', f. Ironmongers mong iron, blacksmiths forge it.

Yes that's right. I have drawn a blank.:thumbup:

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 05:11 PM

If you put some ketchup in the mixture before scrambling the eggs. they come out looking like brains.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Oh, my good God! He looks like Mark Kermode's sex offending brother. I can't possibly watch such a thing.

Oh I have absolutely no doubt that he is a sex criminal of some sort.

You should give it a look; it has a certain morbid car crash quality that is hypnotic.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Beer? With dinner? We're not animals in this country, r.

I have a rather nice, light Malbec which will be ideally suited, I think.

I am an animal. I'd drink beer with beer, if I could.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-06-2017, 08:12 PM
Schnitzel. Chips. Peas.

Get in.

Homemade chicken curry :eat:

Boxing24
03-07-2017, 06:54 AM
After that they went out and had dinner. WImb they returned Bnnkley went up^ins, and Mrs. Blume ashed him would ho do the writing then, to whkh hes