PDA

View Full Version : I see London has been voted the least friendly place in the UK again.

Burney
03-06-2017, 03:20 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but my reaction to that sort of thing is always a slight sense of civic pride. What sort of desperate-to-please weirdos go around being friendly?

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 03:22 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but my reaction to that sort of thing is always a slight sense of civic pride. What sort of desperate-to-please weirdos go around being friendly?

It's not surprising really. Most people are in a bad mood.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 03:25 PM

It's a load of bóllocks anyway. London is no more unfriendly than any other big city populated by busy people.

Oh, hold on, in the UK you say? I suppose London is really the only big city populated by busy people in the UK. Those feckless dole-scroungers in Birmingham and Manchester have plenty of time to invade each others' privacy with banal fúcking small talk.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 03:27 PM

I shall be in London in a few weeks and being Irish will make a point of saying hello to everybody and indeed questioning their general well-being.

Burney
03-06-2017, 03:30 PM
I shall be in London in a few weeks and being Irish will make a point of saying hello to everybody and indeed questioning their general well-being.

According to City A.M. this is the scene that will greet you the minute you step off the train, sw.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 03:32 PM
According to City A.M. this is the scene that will greet you the minute you step off the train, sw.

I shall be attacked by an M+S bag wielding vigilante?

IUFG
03-06-2017, 03:33 PM

reminded me of this

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/northerner-terrorised-london-by-saying-hello-20151001102473

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 03:33 PM
I shall be attacked by an M+S bag wielding vigilante?

:hehe: I like that fella. he's clearly on his way home and doesn't give a toss about what's going on.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 03:35 PM

No, Wenger will've already walked by then surely.

Burney
03-06-2017, 03:35 PM
:hehe: I like that fella. he's clearly on his way home and doesn't give a toss about what's going on.

One wonders if he'd clocked the blade in the bloke's hand before going all Batman on him, tbh. :rubchin:

SWv2
03-06-2017, 03:36 PM

He is clearly in fear for the safety of his profiteroles and ham & mustard mayonnaise sandwich.

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 03:36 PM
One wonders if he'd clocked the blade in the bloke's hand before going all Batman on him, tbh. :rubchin:

And if he actually tripped him over would he roll on the floor 3 or 4 times like a footballer?