PDA

View Full Version : So. There was no 'training ground bust up' after all.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Trump is right. The opposition is the main stream media, and fake news is their weapon.

IUFG
03-06-2017, 12:34 PM
I thought Wenger was quick to answer Mertesacker's question there :hehe:

"it is not up to the players". Tell that to Ranieri.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Trump is right. The opposition is the main stream media, and fake news is their weapon.

Your source?

Sir C
03-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Your source?

Arsene Wenger.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 12:37 PM

He said He's "not aware" of one. Not quite the same thing, is it :rubchin:

It's all ridiculous though; damned if we show "passion", damned when we don't.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
03-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Arsene Wenger.

:hehe: :clap: Fake News then :-|

Billy Goat Sverige
03-06-2017, 12:38 PM
He said He's "not aware" of one. Not quite the same thing, is it :rubchin:

It's all ridiculous though; damned if we show "passion", damned when we don't.

The best bit to come out of the press conference is Arsene telling us "i built this club" :clap: :clap:

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 12:39 PM
The best bit to come out of the press conference is Arsene telling us "i built this club" :clap: :clap:

I reckon He genuinely believes that.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 12:42 PM

Well, he did :shrug:

You could say that *some fella* built the club that played at Plumstead and then moved to Highbury, that Herbert Chapman built the club that we knew until the turn of the millennium, but Arsene Wenger undoubtedly built this club, the Arsenal of today.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 12:42 PM
:hehe: :clap: Fake News then :-|

Are you suggesting that He would lie?

03-06-2017, 12:44 PM

He could be un leetle economical wiz le truth, aye.

03-06-2017, 12:45 PM

You could say that *some fella* built the club that played at Plumstead and then moved to Highbury, that Herbert Chapman built the club that we knew until the turn of the millennium, but Arsene Wenger undoubtedly built this club, the Arsenal of today.
How sweet of him to take the blame. Wd AW.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez

Maybe he didn't see it?

Pokster

So it was a **** idea to drop him then???

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 12:48 PM

But if you put it like that, it suggests He's saying He built it from scratch, single-handedley.

Sir C

He wanted to be able to go long to Giroud and Welbeck and cut out the press, then bring him on in the second half. :shrug:

It didn't work out as well as it might have, by all accounts, but, y'know, both managers have tactics to try and only one can win. :shrug:

redgunamo

It would have been genius, had it worked.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 12:50 PM
He wanted to be able to go long to Giroud and Welbeck and cut out the press, then bring him on in the second half. :shrug:

It didn't work out as well as it might have, by all accounts, but, y'know, both managers have tactics to try and only one can win. :shrug:

I think the idea is *any* tactic that requires the absence of your best player is a rubbish one, whether it actually works or not.

Luis Anaconda
03-06-2017, 12:51 PM

that's what they want you to believe

Sir C
03-06-2017, 12:51 PM
But if you put it like that, it suggests He's saying He built it from scratch, single-handedley.

No it doesn't, not at all.

The club today is unrecognisable from that which won the league in '91. In '96 Wenger changed the global perception of the club in terms of the way we play; over the next 10 years he changed the perception of the club as a major power in European football. Then he built us an enormous money-making stadium :shrug: It's a totally different entity now. The fact that he didn't start from scratch isn't relevant.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Arsene Wenger.

I’ll be honest. I expect better from you.

Burney
03-06-2017, 12:54 PM
I reckon He genuinely believes that.

It seems incontrovertible to me. :shrug: For good or ill, Arsenal in 2017 is the house that Arsene built.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 12:54 PM
How sweet of him to take the blame. Wd AW.

Well like it or dislike it, the club is now a huge entity in the game, financially and footballistically.

When Juve came to Highbury in 1980 no one in Italy had much of an idea of who we were. They fúcking know now.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 12:55 PM

The club today is unrecognisable from that which won the league in '91. In '96 Wenger changed the global perception of the club in terms of the way we play; over the next 10 years he changed the perception of the club as a major power in European football. Then he built us an enormous money-making stadium :shrug: It's a totally different entity now. The fact that he didn't start from scratch isn't relevant.

Yes, *we* know that, but it doesn't sound like it.

03-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Well like it or dislike it, the club is now a huge entity in the game, financially and footballistically.

When Juve came to Highbury in 1980 no one in Italy had much of an idea of who we were. They fúcking know now.

Oh indeed. Shame we never win nuffink.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Oh indeed. Shame we never win nuffink.

Yes, that really is a shame.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 12:57 PM
It seems incontrovertible to me. :shrug: For good or ill, Arsenal in 2017 is the house that Arsene built.

Yes. Ungracious, inconsiderate, is the word I'm looking for. Insensitive perhaps?

But He's French though, I suppose..

Ash
03-06-2017, 12:58 PM

:-(

https://cdn.forzaitalianfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Liam-Brady-Juventus-300x212.jpg

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:00 PM
:-(

https://cdn.forzaitalianfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Liam-Brady-Juventus-300x212.jpg

Apparently during those final contract negotiations, the maximum we offered him was £600 per week.

Juve paid him £6,000 per week :hehe:

Ash
03-06-2017, 01:01 PM
... he changed the perception of the club as a major power in European football.

Not sure a top sixteen team is a major power. Stoke are a top sixteen team in England.

A major also-ran, perhaps.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 01:01 PM
Apparently during those final contract negotiations, the maximum we offered him was £600 per week.

Juve paid him £6,000 per week :hehe:

And yet, a couple of years back, they couldn't even afford one of our cast-offs (Bendtner). So you are right, in a way; times *have* changed.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Not sure a top sixteen team is a major power. Stoke are a top sixteen team in England.

Stoke City have as many European Cup winners as we do though* :-|

*I believe ..

SWv2
03-06-2017, 01:03 PM

I am not sure we are a major power in European football.

Domestically we are big, always have been, even when we were ****, even pre-Wenger.

We’re currently just making up numbers in Europe. No shame there all the same, there is the legitimate giants spread across a handful of countries of which arguably one exists in the Premier League, there is perhaps even a secondary grouping based on achievements and history of which a further 1-2 exist in the PL.

Personally I don’t see us in either and our achievements probably don’t warrant it.

I am not sure how far off we are, logic would suggest not far though performances at times suggest quite a distance.

Ash
03-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Stoke City have as many European Cup winners as we do though* :-|

*I believe ..

They certainly have as many European Cups.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:06 PM

Domestically we are big, always have been, even when we were ****, even pre-Wenger.

We’re currently just making up numbers in Europe. No shame there all the same, there is the legitimate giants spread across a handful of countries of which arguably one exists in the Premier League, there is perhaps even a secondary grouping based on achievements and history of which a further 1-2 exist in the PL.

Personally I don’t see us in either and our achievements probably don’t warrant it.

I am not sure how far off we are, logic would suggest not far though performances at times suggest quite a distance.

If the top clubs in Europe get their way and form a European Super League, we'll be in it.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 01:08 PM
They certainly have as many European Cups.

At least we have more European trophies.

Sir C

More important clubs in Europe than us:

1. Barcelona (drugs)
2. Real Madrid (referees scared of fascists)
3. Bayern Munich (drugs)
4. PSG (money)

:shrug:

IUFG

I was speaking to a Spanisher the other day and he reckons Man City and Chelsea are England's 'big clubs' in the Champions League.

:cry: he's right. We are merely a makeweight (and not even that after tonight / this season).

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:10 PM
I was speaking to a Spanisher the other day and he reckons Man City and Chelsea are England's 'big clubs' in the Champions League.

:cry: he's right. We are merely a makeweight (and not even that after tonight / this season).

What would a donkey-bothering peasant know about it? (Except Alvaro, pbuh.)

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 01:12 PM
If the top clubs in Europe get their way and form a European Super League, we'll be in it.

Yeah, but practically *everyone* will be in it, just like now #FreeMoney

IUFG
03-06-2017, 01:12 PM
He was a Real Madrid supporting donkey botherer from Galicia.

Sensible enough not to support Vigo or DLC tbf to him.

Tony C
03-06-2017, 01:27 PM
I spoke to Mickey Pearce about this last night.

He called me looking for Cheltenham Festival tips for the lads...the Latin contingent and Iwobi are all going.

Apparently Iwobi is the fiercest gambler in the team and regularly has massive 5 figure steaks and is up 750k from Ladbrokes this year alone.

-

he said Alexis was fed up with Ozil and nearly broke his leg in two after a Roy Keane style tackle in a 5-a-side no tackles match.

Mustafi and Xhaka confronted him about it and things got massively out of hand.

Ozil was told not to travel and press were informed that he had flu while Alexis was asked to travel but not play except if their was emergency because Arsene wanted the other players in the team to show Alexis that they do have the heart and desire for a fight.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:29 PM

He called me looking for Cheltenham Festival tips for the lads...the Latin contingent and Iwobi are all going.

Apparently Iwobi is the fiercest gambler in the team and regularly has massive 5 figure steaks and is up 750k from Ladbrokes this year alone.

-

he said Alexis was fed up with Ozil and nearly broke his leg in two after a Roy Keane style tackle in a 5-a-side no tackles match.

Ozil was told not to travel and press were informed that he had flu while Alexis was asked to travel but not play except if their was emergency because Arsene wanted the other players in the team to show Alexis that they do have the heart and desire for a fight.

Say hello to Mickey for us t. Haven't heard from him for ages.

What does he reckon Cech's best position is?

SWv2
03-06-2017, 01:34 PM

Any person can gain entry to so called exclusive places if they are willing to pay the cash.

Modern day SE London spivs from the motor trade are probably welcome in your Claridges and Savoy type establishments if they have the cash to pony up at the end of the evening.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Any person can gain entry to so called exclusive places if they are willing to pay the cash.

Modern day SE London spivs from the motor trade are probably welcome in your Claridges and Savoy type establishments if they have the cash to pony up at the end of the evening.

One suspects that clubs joining such a league would be rather more hopeful of taking money out of it rather than paying for the privilege of being in it.

My business is motor industry-based, sw, not motor trade. An important distinction.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:39 PM

BREAKING NEWS! Sanchez confirms there was no 'bust-up' and that he 'loves' his team-mates. Ends with a heartfelt rallying cry.

:cloud9: All is well after all.

Ash
03-06-2017, 01:40 PM
He was a Real Madrid supporting donkey botherer from Galicia.

Sensible enough not to support Vigo or DLC tbf to him.

Glory hunter though.

Ash
03-06-2017, 01:40 PM

-

:clap: Vintage Mickey Pearce.

Tony C
03-06-2017, 01:41 PM
he currently looks after young Martinez and says he's the Edwin Van Der Sar.

He's pushing for him to be the no1 next season and if it doesn't happen they will ask for a move. he's been dating a girl from Stoke for a couple of years now so wants to stay in England for her.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 01:43 PM
One suspects that clubs joining such a league would be rather more hopeful of taking money out of it rather than paying for the privilege of being in it.

My business is motor industry-based, sw, not motor trade. An important distinction.

I was of course jesting with you. I know you are an upstanding man of business.

The whole European super league thing is a curious concept all the same, given that there is already 4 English clubs in the overly bloated CL then I would have to assume the number of automatic entrants from same would at very most remain so, perhaps even lessen. I am sure for exposure also the organisers would want a London based club, perhaps more than 1.

There is as much an argument for Chelsea being that club, arguably as big a force in Europe as us, if not bigger. We may not like to admit this of course.

Moot point of course as none of us know the machinations and workings.

Rich
03-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Yes there was, I was told on Thursday that it happened by Ben Sheaf's brother. Ozil also threw his bib on the floor and made a half-arsed attempt at training. Kos and Mertesaker went and confronted them both.

Wenger was not on the training ground when it happened but Bould and other coaches were. Ozil was fit for the game but left out by Wenger.

The only chance Alexis staying is if Arsene leaves and we manage to get into the Champions League. Ozil apparently gets on well with Arsene so he may well agree to sign.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:47 PM
I was of course jesting with you. I know you are an upstanding man of business.

The whole European super league thing is a curious concept all the same, given that there is already 4 English clubs in the overly bloated CL then I would have to assume the number of automatic entrants from same would at very most remain so, perhaps even lessen. I am sure for exposure also the organisers would want a London based club, perhaps more than 1.

There is as much an argument for Chelsea being that club, arguably as big a force in Europe as us, if not bigger. We may not like to admit this of course.

Moot point of course as none of us know the machinations and workings.

It would work to have two leagues, based onm travelling distance for supporters.

In League Un:

Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man City
Celtic
Swansea
Dublin Rovers
PSG

League Deux:

Bayern Munich
Juventus
Milan
Inter
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Young Boys

Rich
03-06-2017, 01:52 PM
I might add that I don't know if this is the reason for both omissions. But it 100% happened, I assure you.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 01:53 PM
It would work to have two leagues, based onm travelling distance for supporters.

In League Un:

Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man City
Celtic
Swansea
Dublin Rovers
PSG

League Deux:

Bayern Munich
Juventus
Milan
Inter
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Young Boys

We would come 5th in that group. :-(

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Yes there was, I was told on Thursday that it happened by Ben Sheaf's brother. Ozil also threw his bib on the floor and made a half-arsed attempt at training. Kos and Mertesaker went and confronted them both.

Wenger was not on the training ground when it happened but Bould and other coaches were. Ozil was fit for the game but left out by Wenger.

The only chance Alexis staying is if Arsene leaves and we manage to get into the Champions League. Ozil apparently gets on well with Arsene so he may well agree to sign.

Ben Sheaf is a compulsive liar and has previous for telling #fakenews stories to the press.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Ben Sheaf is a compulsive liar and has previous for telling #fakenews stories to the press.

Who the fúck is Ben Sheaf and more to the point his brother?

Luis Anaconda
03-06-2017, 01:58 PM

:nod:

"Sheaf comes from a strong footballing pedigree, as his mother and brothers all played volleyball for Team GB at the Olympic level."

um - what, now?

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Who the fúck is Ben Sheaf and more to the point his brother?

How the fúck would I know? Do I look like some sort of sick deviant?

Sir C
03-06-2017, 02:00 PM

"Sheaf comes from a strong footballing pedigree, as his mother and brothers all played volleyball for Team GB at the Olympic level."

um - what, now?

There you are, la. Can't stop himself.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 02:01 PM

um - what, now?

I couldn't give two fúcks what Ben Sheaf's mum does or has done in the past*

Who is he?

*may not be strictly true

Luis Anaconda
03-06-2017, 02:06 PM
I couldn't give two fúcks what Ben Sheaf's mum does or has done in the past*

Who is he?

*may not be strictly true

19-year-old centre-back we poached from West Ham when he was about 12

Rich
03-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Haha- quite a pedigree indeed. But his bother does indeed play volleyball to a good standard.

Rich
03-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Central midfield but has been playing CB with Biliek for the reserves.

Luis Anaconda
03-06-2017, 02:43 PM
Central midfield but has been playing CB with Biliek for the reserves.
Ah yes - thought he was but other places say CB.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Ah yes - thought he was but other places say CB.

What's "volleyball"?

Burney
03-06-2017, 02:52 PM
What's "volleyball"?

It's the won where ladies are constantly having to adjust their gussets to get sand out of their orifices, I believe.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 02:54 PM
What's "volleyball"?

It's like that one van Persie shinned against Charlton that time.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 02:59 PM
It's the won where ladies are constantly having to adjust their gussets to get sand out of their orifices, I believe.

Ah, yes. I'm actually a huge fan.