PDA

View Full Version : We'll beat Bayern tomorrow

World's End Stella
03-06-2017, 10:29 AM
and have another glorious exit from the CL. Followed by 9 consecutive victories and then a two year extension for the greatest manager in our club's history.

You know, Monty sort of has a point. This type of delusion makes like easier. :shrug:

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 10:31 AM
and have another glorious exit from the CL. Followed by 9 consecutive victories and then a two year extension for the greatest manager in our club's history.

You know, Monty sort of has a point. This type of delusion makes like easier. :shrug:

So in those 9 consecutive victories we would beat City, Spurs and Manchester United :hehe:

IUFG
03-06-2017, 10:32 AM
we're ****ed aren't we? :cry:

SWv2
03-06-2017, 10:53 AM

I am not convinced we currently have such a performance in us, the general standard of play is pish.

Factor in a home support largely beaten into submission and a disenchanted star player and BOOM.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 11:02 AM
I am not convinced we currently have such a performance in us, the general standard of play is pish.

Factor in a home support largely beaten into submission and a disenchanted star player and BOOM.

And Mesut has a tickly cough, or something :-|

IUFG
03-06-2017, 11:08 AM
...or something :-|

not allowed to play against his next employers...

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 11:09 AM
not allowed to play against his next employers...

Good point :-\

Billy Goat Sverige
03-06-2017, 11:10 AM

It's going to be 90 minutes of 45,000 (60,000 tickets sold) chanting the name of Sanchez and calling Wenger a ****.

Ash
03-06-2017, 11:20 AM
It's going to be 90 minutes of 45,000 (60,000 tickets sold) chanting the name of Sanchez and calling Wenger a ****.

Nah. Ze Chermans will drown it out with the beat of their drum and their highly choreographed chants and salutes. I hope one of them brings an air-raid siren again. That's always a good laugh.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Nah. Ze Chermans will drown it out with the beat of their drum and their highly choreographed chants and salutes. I hope one of them brings an air-raid siren again. That's always a good laugh.

Yes, perfectly charming, isn't it. Comes across loud and clear on the telly too :-|

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-06-2017, 12:01 PM

I think we have an unwritten goal within the club that finishing fourth is the expectation, meaning that when that is threatened, we really pull out the stops and up our game. At least that is how it has appeared over the last 5 or 6 years and we have always managed to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat. We always sit here in March and say "this is the season" but we always seem to turn it around in the last 6 or 7 games. Plus we usually are playing a bit sh*t at this time as well.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 12:11 PM
I mean, obviously the way we play is by design, just not the results.

Unless, of course, the results are in fact a natural consequence of the way we play :-\

I think we have an unwritten goal within the club that finishing fourth is the expectation, meaning that when that is threatened, we really pull out the stops and up our game. At least that is how it has appeared over the last 5 or 6 years and we have always managed to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat. We always sit here in March and say "this is the season" but we always seem to turn it around in the last 6 or 7 games. Plus we usually are playing a bit sh*t at this time as well.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-06-2017, 12:26 PM
I mean, obviously the way we play is by design, just not the results.

Unless, of course, the results are in fact a natural consequence of the way we play :-\

Look, we are speculating here, a bit of theorising to fit the observation. What more does winning the league give us over top 4? Is the extra investment worth it to win the league? Assuming that there is extra investment needed. Alternatively, you may be right and we are limited by the way we play :shrug:

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Look, we are speculating here, a bit of theorising to fit the observation. What more does winning the league give us over top 4? Is the extra investment worth it to win the league? Assuming that there is extra investment needed. Alternatively, you may be right and we are limited by the way we play :shrug:

I agree. I think we just want to finish as high up the table as we can.

I also think the "investment-thing" was always a McGuffin, an excuse. Perfectly understandable, of course. But an excuse nonetheless.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 12:32 PM

And, as for the way we play, the fact that stuff doesn't change much regardless of the players, strongly suggests, to me anyway, there's something inherently wrong with it.