get for Sanchez?

Who do we then replace him with?*

*Anyone who says internal solutions can get ****ed

Sir C
03-06-2017, 09:30 AM
get for Sanchez?

Perhaps the new manager will bring his favourite striker with him. Although I'd be interested to try Theo through the middle for an extended period, see how he gets on with that.

Norn Iron
03-06-2017, 10:02 AM
get for Sanchez?

Considering he's been acting like a prick for a few months we aren't in a great position to negotiate on price. £40m to Chelsea or PSG.

Ideally we replace him with Reus.

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Considering he's been acting like a prick for a few months we aren't in a great position to negotiate on price. £40m to Chelsea or PSG.

Ideally we replace him with Reus.

Can't even cash in on our superstar players properly. :-(

for a club that has a reputation of doing things 'proper' we do seem to **** a lot of these things up.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
03-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Can't even cash in on our superstar players properly. :-(

for a club that has a reputation of doing things 'proper' we do seem to **** a lot of these things up.

I blame the bewigged cùnt who owns it.

IUFG
03-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Although I'd be interested to try Theo through the middle for an extended period, see how he gets on with that.

oh, do **** off.

I believe is the appropriate response.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 10:29 AM
oh, do **** off.

I believe is the appropriate response.

Blimey, caught myself one eventually. That took a while. :fishing:

IUFG
03-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Like anyone with any 'superstar' reputation will want to come to The Arsenal.

At the moment.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 10:48 AM

Where is the LIKE button?

SWv2
03-06-2017, 10:50 AM
get for Sanchez?

If PSG really want him then they will offer many tens of millions. Happy days, as long as he is happy to go there. Juventus perhaps more tricky. Bayern may also be on the case.

Iwobi.

IUFG
03-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Iwobi.

if there is one player in that team who shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI, never mind a regular starter . . .

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Let him rot in the reserves, imo. Teach him a lesson :homer:

get for Sanchez?

SWv2
03-06-2017, 11:06 AM
if there is one player in that team who shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI, never mind a regular starter . . .

Coquelin is more in the eye of the storm at present. He has been around the first team 2-3 years now, perhaps longer (his post Charlton phase only). Just increasingly looks lost and truly out of his depth.

Iwobi I like, young kid, only a complete pervert would have even heard of the lad just over 12 months ago, now more or less a starting 11 fixture.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Coquelin is more in the eye of the storm at present. He has been around the first team 2-3 years now, perhaps longer (his post Charlton phase only). Just increasingly looks lost and truly out of his depth.

Iwobi I like, young kid, only a complete pervert would have even heard of the lad just over 12 months ago, now more or less a starting 11 fixture.

Coquelin and Monreal have dropped a fair few levels compared to previous seasons. I'd be inclined to say the one good season Coquelin had was a fluke and Monreal isn't ageing particularly well.

PotatoNoel
03-06-2017, 11:23 AM
A massive overhaul is needed from top to bottom at Arsenal. Obviously the board and manager need replacing, but in terms of the team, we need a new goalkeeper, left back, central midfielder and a striker. Will we get enough money from the Sanchez sale to fund all that? Probably not. You're looking at about £50m maximum, on top of whatever funds we have in the first place. Joe Hart will be available in the summer, Tom Heaton from Burnley is a more left field choice, not as expensive but a decent keeper in any case. **** knows which decent left backs are available and want to come to us. CM's, I'd love Isco, wanted him since his Malaga days and I think he'd be a perfect fit to replace Santi. Striker, we aren't attractive enough to sign someone like Griezmann or any other real marquee players. After seeing how Sanchez became frustrated with the runner up mentality that runs through the club I don't think any truly world class players playing for the powerhouse clubs would want to come anywhere near us. Lacazette and Belotti are decent options. Reus is too injury prone and probably wouldn't come anyway.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 11:32 AM
A massive overhaul is needed from top to bottom at Arsenal. Obviously the board and manager need replacing, but in terms of the team, we need a new goalkeeper, left back, central midfielder and a striker. Will we get enough money from the Sanchez sale to fund all that? Probably not. You're looking at about £50m maximum, on top of whatever funds we have in the first place. Joe Hart will be available in the summer, Tom Heaton from Burnley is a more left field choice, not as expensive but a decent keeper in any case. **** knows which decent left backs are available and want to come to us. CM's, I'd love Isco, wanted him since his Malaga days and I think he'd be a perfect fit to replace Santi. Striker, we aren't attractive enough to sign someone like Griezmann or any other real marquee players. After seeing how Sanchez became frustrated with the runner up mentality that runs through the club I don't think any truly world class players playing for the powerhouse clubs would want to come anywhere near us. Lacazette and Belotti are decent options. Reus is too injury prone and probably wouldn't come anyway.

I don't think we'll be overhauling the squad somehow. Which will make the manager position even more crucial.

#TwoMoreYears

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 11:33 AM

Coquelin's alright when our defensive behaviour is good. Which it isn't :-\

IUFG
03-06-2017, 11:36 AM

http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/statistics

Iwobi is one of our most regular starters.

I doubt he would get into any of the other current, top 6 starting XI :rubchin:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-06-2017, 12:31 PM
get for Sanchez?

Still do not know what the logic of dropping Sanchez was. It might be attitude, it might have been contract or it might have been tactical. Either way, he'll be gone as will Ozil and we will have to do a bit of rebuilding. We could possibly get £30M for Sanchez, who knows? I doubt we will get that for Ozil.

Ash
03-06-2017, 12:52 PM
could possibly get £30M for Sanchez, who knows? I doubt we will get that for Ozil.

I wonder if Daniel Levy would mind doing the transfer monies negotiations for us? He gets rather good deals.

Pat Vegas
03-06-2017, 01:28 PM
I wonder if Daniel Levy would mind doing the transfer monies negotiations for us? He gets rather good deals.

Though I don't know much about him I don't like Ivan.
he's not a football man.

redgunamo
03-06-2017, 01:33 PM
he's not a football man.

I think I know what you mean, but he is actually very much a "football man". Just not a football man.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 01:36 PM
he's not a football man.

His footballness is irrelevant given his position.

I am unsure of specifics but believe him to be either a Saffa or a Yank. Either way he would not be welcome at one of my house parties.

Ash
03-06-2017, 01:44 PM
His footballness is irrelevant given his position.

I am unsure of specifics but believe him to be either a Saffa or a Yank. Either way he would not be welcome at one of my house parties.

:nono: I'm sure you have lectured recently us about national chauvinism and the stereotyping of other cultures.

Not that I would have Mr Gazidis and one of my house parties either. Not that I would have a house party in the first place.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 01:48 PM
:nono: I'm sure you have lectured recently us about national chauvinism and the stereotyping of other cultures.

Not that I would have Mr Gazidis and one of my house parties either. Not that I would have a house party in the first place.

I am not stereotyping either, simply never met one that I like.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:53 PM
I am not stereotyping either, simply never met one that I like.

I know a Saffa you'd like.

Beautiful girl. Massive jugs. Lovely personality.

Obsessed with Michael Jackson mind.

SWv2
03-06-2017, 01:55 PM
I know a Saffa you'd like.

Beautiful girl. Massive jugs. Lovely personality.

Obsessed with Michael Jackson mind.

I am not sure we would have anything in common which would make early evening conversation both awkward and stilted. I’m afraid I will have to pass though I wish her all the very best.

Sir C
03-06-2017, 01:58 PM
I am not sure we would have anything in common which would make early evening conversation both awkward and stilted. I’m afraid I will have to pass though I wish her all the very best.

You'd be alright sw. You could try to inform her musical tastes. Bear in mind she sees me as a sort of kindly old uncle and so doesn't notice when I ogle her tits.

(I'm joshing, naturally. I am no recolting old pervert.) (I was a revolting old pervert but I'm beyond that now.)

Just Trent
03-06-2017, 02:10 PM
get for Sanchez?

'We are in no rush to be active in the market. We have, you know, a number of internal solutions. We have, as well, Sanogo fit again. When you see the level he is at in training it is unbelievable'.

:-)

IUFG
03-06-2017, 02:11 PM
'When you see the level he is at in training it is unbelievable'.

oh dear, oh dear.

World's End Stella
03-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Can't we flog him to China for £753million or so?

IUFG - you made that up. Wenger did not say that. Not recently, anyway. I hope. :-(