PDA

View Full Version : Now that AWIMB is dead, which Arsenal related site will you use?

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
02-28-2017, 09:38 AM
1. Arsenal Fan TV
2. Arseblog comments
3. Arsenal Official Facebook
4. The Gooner
5. Arsenal America
6. Other - please specify.

Pat Vegas
02-28-2017, 09:42 AM
1. Arsenal Fan TV
2. Arseblog comments
4. The Gooner
5. Arsenal America

I voted other: I will not bother visiting any. I don't even come here for Arsenal related stuff.

02-28-2017, 09:45 AM
I voted other: I will not bother visiting any. I don't even come here for Arsenal related stuff.

Thank you for your input. All responses are being recorded for future reference :thumbup:

IUFG
02-28-2017, 10:12 AM
Me too. I will really purely on the Daily Star for my football news.

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2017, 10:15 AM
1. Arsenal Fan TV
2. Arseblog comments
4. The Gooner
5. Arsenal America

Simb - that is a site for Arsenal fans isn't it?

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Me too. I will really purely on the Daily Star for my football news.

You have their spelling down to a T

IUFG
02-28-2017, 10:20 AM
****ing, fat fingers, la.

Pat Vegas
02-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Why can't us regular awimbers post polls?

What do you have against the polls? good bunch of lads imo.

SWv2
02-28-2017, 10:28 AM
Is this place now more dead than it was a week ago, have I missed a passing?

02-28-2017, 10:28 AM
Why can't us regular awimbers post polls?

What do you have against the polls? good bunch of lads imo.

I don't know. The idiosyncrasies of the 'new' wimb are beyond a mere moderator like me...and it appears all admin are dead.

Pat Vegas
02-28-2017, 10:33 AM
Is this place now more dead than it was a week ago, have I missed a passing?

Ah Mr SW. I continued to watch some more Gaelic football last night.
Please forgive all the questions.

what's the difference between the ball they use and a football? it seems heavier and doesn't bounce a much.
Can you dribble the ball like a football?
Why do the goalies use those stand things.
If you can use your hands why do you need a keeper?

I quite liked when a player tried to lob the keeper to score but it didn't quite work out but still went through the posts so he scored that way.

Pat Vegas
02-28-2017, 10:34 AM
I don't know. The idiosyncrasies of the 'new' wimb are beyond a mere moderator like me...and it appears all admin are dead.

I liked that proprietor+ asked for some ideas on how to improve awimb.
but didn't read them :hehe:

SWv2
02-28-2017, 10:46 AM

what's the difference between the ball they use and a football? it seems heavier and doesn't bounce a much.

I quite liked when a player tried to lob the keeper to score but it didn't quite work out but still went through the posts so he scored that way.

What's the difference between the ball they use and a football? it seems heavier and doesn't bounce a much. - It is smaller for a start, size 4 normally instead of a 5. Not sure about the weight as there is different recommended weights at different levels of football.

Can you dribble the ball like a football? - Yes but not something you will see a lot.

Why do the goalies use those stand things. - Recent innovation as they are kicking from the ground and formerly their main target was to achieve both height and distance. Keepers have become more tactical in recent years with shorter kick outs to defenders in order to build play from the back.

If you can use your hands why do you need a keeper? - purely positional as that is his fixed role. Why have forwards in football when anybody can score.

It's a great sport and is very tribal in nature. You are from an area, a county and you support that county and no other. You may hate other counties at wll.

Can be rough also. This is of course many years ago, not even sent off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0h3QQIBH6Y

Pat Vegas
02-28-2017, 10:51 AM
What's the difference between the ball they use and a football? it seems heavier and doesn't bounce a much. - It is smaller for a start, size 4 normally instead of a 5. Not sure about the weight as there is different recommended weights at different levels of football.

Can you dribble the ball like a football? - Yes but not something you will see a lot.

Why do the goalies use those stand things. - Recent innovation as they are kicking from the ground and formerly their main target was to achieve both height and distance. Keepers have become more tactical in recent years with shorter kick outs to defenders in order to build play from the back.

If you can use your hands why do you need a keeper? - purely positional as that is his fixed role. Why have forwards in football when anybody can score.

It's a great sport and is very tribal in nature. You are from an area, a county and you support that county and no other. You may hate other counties at wll.

:thumbup: I really enjoyed it it was quite exciting. I can't remember who was playing in the game I watched. There didn't seem to be any scoring then all of a sudden it was back and forth.

Saw a few good whacks too. I will start to follow it.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-28-2017, 12:20 PM
1. Arsenal Fan TV
2. Arseblog comments
4. The Gooner
5. Arsenal America

Arsenal fans tv without doubt. 4 hours of trolling condensed in to 15 glorious minutes

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2017, 12:45 PM

Fair punch that - lad deserved it

SWv2
02-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Fair punch that - lad deserved it

Yep, Cork lad. Probably giving it too much verbal.

Mo Britain less Europe
02-28-2017, 09:49 PM
I may have to change my name to Jonah. I was on another Arsenal site and it died.

Probably arsenalmania.com - they sound like a right bunch of cnuts. But at least there's a lot of them.

Tony C
03-01-2017, 10:17 AM
the Arsenal on Reddit is pretty good for keeping track of Arsenal news but you have to put up with cringeworthy posts from plastic fans.

Ash
03-01-2017, 02:32 PM

Rush goalies :cloud9:

Chief Arrowhead
03-01-2017, 05:48 PM
1. Arsenal Fan TV
2. Arseblog comments
4. The Gooner
5. Arsenal America

Trying to smoke me out, aren'tcha. :fishing:

03-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Trying to smoke me out, aren'tcha. :fishing:

No. I'm trying to smoke out GSTB and bostonbrian. You're not GSTB and bostonbrian are you :sherlock:

redgunamo
03-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Why is it whenever I take a few days off, I return to find you homos crying "whither AWIMB!" and weeping into each other's bosoms?

Homos.

redgunamo
03-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Are you trying to get into his knickers, P? I understand the best way is to push some champagne into him.

Mo Britain less Europe
03-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Hakuna matata

03-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Why is it whenever I take a few days off, I return to find you homos crying "whither AWIMB!" and weeping into each other's bosoms?

Homos.

I'll weep into your mum's bosoms.

redgunamo
03-01-2017, 10:26 PM
I'll weep into your mum's bosoms.

Oh, yeah? Well, I voted "Your mum".