PDA

View Full Version : Gaelic Football rules

Pat Vegas
02-27-2017, 11:09 AM
What's the rules when they are running with the ball?

They do that little kick thing or hit it every few steps.

I quite like watching it actually.

SWv2
02-27-2017, 11:19 AM
What's the rules when they are running with the ball?

They do that little kick thing or hit it every few steps.

I quite like watching it actually.

If carrying the ball then it is supposed to be 3 steps before either a bounce of the ball or a toe-tap (which itself is a very difficult skill when running at speed). A player cannot then bounce twice in succession as that would just be silly.

The 3 step rule is not strictly refereed.

Pat Vegas
02-27-2017, 11:21 AM
If carrying the ball then it is supposed to be 3 steps before either a bounce of the ball or a toe-tap (which itself is a very difficult skill when running at speed). A player cannot then bounce twice in succession as that would just be silly.

The 3 step rule is not strictly refereed.

:thumbup: they show it a lot on Premier Sports I thought it was great fun.

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2017, 11:22 AM
:thumbup: they show it a lot on Premier Sports I thought it was great fun.

It's a great game p

Pat Vegas
02-27-2017, 11:23 AM
It's a great game p

How about Handball? that's always on when I flick through the german channels.

Pokster
02-27-2017, 11:25 AM

"flick through the German channels" Yeah, we know what you are wanting to find

Pat Vegas
02-27-2017, 11:26 AM
"flick through the German channels" Yeah, we know what you are wanting to find

Times have changed Pokster.
German channels used to have ace dirty adverts and a somewhat confusing one for something called Gay Punkt where a man would appear out of the shadows.

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2017, 11:29 AM

Always feel sorry for the keeper in that. It's pretty big here. France seem to keep winning things though

Pat Vegas
02-27-2017, 11:38 AM
Always feel sorry for the keeper in that. It's pretty big here. France seem to keep winning things though

when I watch it it feels like a sport that I would make up if I had a gym free and a ball and wanted to mess about.

Then again I like watching beach football if it's on. I like when they have to lift it up and smash it on the volley.

Do they still do masters football?

SWv2
02-27-2017, 11:44 AM
when I watch it it feels like a sport that I would make up if I had a gym free and a ball and wanted to mess about.

Then again I like watching beach football if it's on. I like when they have to lift it up and smash it on the volley.

Do they still do masters football?

I thought you meant real handball, not as you say a game that looks like it was made up by a group of lads on holiday. Gay lads as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7TBbFN5gH4

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2017, 11:45 AM
I thought you meant real handball, not as you say a game that looks like it was made up by a group of lads on holiday. Gay lads as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7TBbFN5gH4

Brady v Keane?

barrybueno
02-27-2017, 12:00 PM

Down to that Thierry chap no doubt...

IUFG
02-27-2017, 12:05 PM

Squash - for those who cannot afford a racquet?

SWv2
02-27-2017, 12:09 PM
Squash - for those who cannot afford a racquet?

Oh I don't play it myself, would be terribly sore on the hands I assume.

I used to play squash, enjoyed it. Naturally I was excellent and won trophies for same.

IUFG
02-27-2017, 12:12 PM
I used to play squash, enjoyed it. Naturally I was excellent and won trophies for same.

I played during my teenage years when I had boundless energy and would play most sports.

Terribly hard work on the ankles and knees, I found.

SWv2
02-27-2017, 12:35 PM
I played during my teenage years when I had boundless energy and would play most sports.

Terribly hard work on the ankles and knees, I found.

And the buttocks.

Burney
02-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Oh I don't play it myself, would be terribly sore on the hands I assume.

Fives is good. Same thing, but you get gloves. Pretty sure they only play it at public schools, though.

SWv2
02-27-2017, 12:43 PM
Fives is good. Same thing, but you get gloves. Pretty sure they only play it at public schools, though.

We had a handball alley in our school though it was rarely if ever used for that sport. Tended to be a place for either football or smoking when the other smoking place was full.

Burney
02-27-2017, 12:48 PM
We had a handball alley in our school though it was rarely if ever used for that sport. Tended to be a place for either football or smoking when the other smoking place was full.

Yes, our fives courts were a couple of rugger pitches away from the main school behind the Duke of Edinburgh building, so it, too, was a good place to smoke and drink.

SWv2
02-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Yes, our fives courts were a couple of rugger pitches away from the main school behind the Duke of Edinburgh building, so it, too, was a good place to smoke and drink.

Yes, we never had a Duke of Edinburgh building. It was just a side wall.

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2017, 01:12 PM
Down to that Thierry chap no doubt...

Always - just as long as the ref isn't looking.

Sorry to hear about your father, bb