PDA

View Full Version : Guess it's that time of the season again - when we have to start wanting the teama

Monty92
02-27-2017, 10:07 AM
at the top off the league to keep winning, just in case, y'know...Spurs ....

I hate that time of the season :-(

Ash
02-27-2017, 10:12 AM

Did you see the numbers for their net spend under Poch?

11m since he joined according to Some Sports News.

SWv2
02-27-2017, 10:18 AM

They are not going to win the league M, I expect you realise this. Is your apparent fear based on them merely finishing above us?

Peter
02-27-2017, 10:21 AM
Bound to happen eventually, may as well get it out of the way. It was the same when we hadn't lost to them for years. When it actually happened it wasn't the end of the world.

We just have to get used to the fact that they are now better than us. :eek:

SWv2
02-27-2017, 10:24 AM
Bound to happen eventually, may as well get it out of the way. It was the same when we hadn't lost to them for years. When it actually happened it wasn't the end of the world.

I am not sure they are.

Anyhow if they finished above us yet both teams still won the same prize in the sense of CL qualification then little or indeed no glory has been achieved.

Nothing to see here, move on etc.

Monty92
02-27-2017, 10:26 AM

You think they'll finish above us, presumably?

Peter
02-27-2017, 11:03 AM
I think it is highly likely, yes. The bigger concern is how many others finish above us.

Peter
02-27-2017, 11:05 AM
I am not sure they are.

Anyhow if they finished above us yet both teams still won the same prize in the sense of CL qualification then little or indeed no glory has been achieved.

Nothing to see here, move on etc.

Indeed. Happy to get it out of the way if we still make the top four. Although I cant say I am overly fussed about that either.

Ash
02-27-2017, 11:27 AM
Although I cant say I am overly fussed about that either.

Thursday night football. :cloud9:

redgunamo
03-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Thursday night football. :cloud9:

And nobody will want to sign for us :-(

Pat Vegas
03-02-2017, 08:55 AM
And nobody will want to sign for us :-(

I don't understand monty's concern.
Tottenham played 26 on 53 points.
Arsenal played 25 on 50 points.

Liverpool game is tricky but I don't understand the panic.

Yesterday Once More
03-02-2017, 09:27 AM
So apart from Sanchez, which of our first choice team would you pick ahead of his Tottenham equivalent?

Ballerin might push Walker for a place I suppose, if he sorted out his positional play and bulked up a bit. Kos is one of our best players, but ahead of their Belgian CB pairing? I think not.

Individual ability would matter less if we compensated with character and team spirit, a la George Graham's team v Parma in Copenhagen. Sadly we don't tick that box either these days.

#Wengerout

redgunamo
03-02-2017, 10:12 AM
I reckon we have too many players who know how to play, but do not understand how to work.

When Wenger joined us, we were practically the direct opposite and, in trying to counter that, He overbalanced us the other way.

His Invincibles had the perfect equilibrium, of course, so credit to Him for that. He's clearly off to Barcelona in the Summer anyway and all the best to Him #EnriqueOut

So apart from Sanchez, which of our first choice team would you pick ahead of his Tottenham equivalent?

Ballerin might push Walker for a place I suppose, if he sorted out his positional play and bulked up a bit. Kos is one of our best players, but ahead of their Belgian CB pairing? I think not.

Individual ability would matter less if we compensated with character and team spirit, a la George Graham's team v Parma in Copenhagen. Sadly we don't tick that box either these days.

#Wengerout

Sir C
03-02-2017, 10:14 AM
I reckon we have too many players who know how to play, but do not understand how to work.

When Wenger joined us, we were practically the direct opposite and, in trying to counter that, He overbalanced us the other way.

His Invincibles had the perfect equilibrium, of course, so credit to Him for that. He's clearly off to Barcelona in the Summer anyway and all the best to Him #EnriqueOut

Apparently Barcelona want the chap who's at Sevilla. (Another bloody foreigner, at a guess.)

Anyway, Arsene said this morning that he's not looking to go anywhere else. So that's that. #wengerin

redgunamo
03-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Whether He goes or not, He'll never actually leave us anyway. Not really. #Wenger4ever

Apparently Barcelona want the chap who's at Sevilla. (Another bloody foreigner, at a guess.)

Anyway, Arsene said this morning that he's not looking to go anywhere else. So that's that. #wengerin