PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leigh and Alison Steadman.

Sir C
02-24-2017, 01:57 PM
Oh do just fúck off.

Luis Anaconda
02-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Oh do just fúck off.

I think they split up 20 years ago, sir c

Sir C
02-24-2017, 02:04 PM
I think they split up 20 years ago, sir c

Even they couldn't stand each other's mimsy. Whimsy. Whatever it is that makes their bóllocks so unbearable.

Abigail's Party - hideous bóllocks.

Nuts In May - ridiculous bóllocks.

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:08 PM
Oh do just fúck off.

Never understood the fuss about Mike Leigh. He always seemed to me to have a profound, lazy and ultimately snobbish contempt for his characters that defied enjoyment. He's just a middle-class 'intellectual' sneering at the aspirant lower middle classes.

Luis Anaconda
02-24-2017, 02:10 PM
Even they couldn't stand each other's mimsy. Whimsy. Whatever it is that makes their bóllocks so unbearable.

Abigail's Party - hideous bóllocks.

Nuts In May - ridiculous bóllocks.
Ah nuts in May - once social commentary from the left, now every Conservative's wet dream

SWv2
02-24-2017, 02:10 PM
Oh do just fúck off.

Who are these people?

Luis Anaconda
02-24-2017, 02:12 PM
Who are these people?

Alison Steadman is the mother of Gavin in Gavin and Stacey is that helps

Sir C
02-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Who are these people?

Writer**** and actress****. Lefties.

Shít****s. Excuse my language.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
02-24-2017, 02:13 PM
Ah nuts in May - once social commentary from the left, now every Conservative's wet dream

:hehe: You're on form today, LA. Sober?

Luis Anaconda
02-24-2017, 02:14 PM
:hehe: You're on form today, LA. Sober?

Not for long

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Writer**** and actress****. Lefties.

********s. Excuse my language.

I like that you accented the cünts but not the shît. It speaks of an odd set of obscenity priorities.

Pokster
02-24-2017, 02:15 PM
He's just a middle-class 'intellectual' sneering at the aspirant lower middle classes.[/QUOTE]

I thought you'd like that :-)

Sir C
02-24-2017, 02:17 PM
I like that you accented the cünts but not the shît. It speaks of an odd set of obscenity priorities.

It was simply an error, I assure you.

I've thought ofg another one. Tom Stoppard. ****.

Professional Foul was good, though.

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:17 PM
Not for long

A German company has sent in an inside front cover ad with embarrassingly poor English copy on it and we need to go to press with it today.
I am trying to contact a German company on a Friday afternoon. :-(
Naturally, this is proving hopeless. :furious:
Lazy, German cünts. :shout:

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:18 PM
He's just a middle-class 'intellectual' sneering at the aspirant lower middle classes.

No. I have a lot of time for the aspirant lower middle classes. They are the backbone of this country and economic growth.

I'd just rather spend not too much time with them, that's all. :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
02-24-2017, 02:22 PM
A German company has sent in an inside front cover ad with embarrassingly poor English copy on it and we need to go to press with it today.
I am trying to contact a German company on a Friday afternoon to no effect. :-(
Naturally, this is proving hopeless. :furious:
Lazy, German cünts. :shout:
Yes - we are something of an oddity in that some of the Germans stay in the office until at least 3.30/4 on a Friday. Most places they have buggered off at lunchtime.

Never ceases to amaze me how people can actually send ads with copy which is blatantly taken from google translate. We've have some absolute corkers from Spanish clients

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:26 PM
Yes - we are something of an oddity in that some of the Germans stay in the office until at least 3.30/4 on a Friday. Most places they have buggered off at lunchtime.

Never ceases to amaze me how people can actually send ads with copy which is blatantly taken from google translate. We've have some absolute corkers from Spanish clients

I wouldn't mind, but these ones are a part of literally one of the biggest industrial companies on earth. There is absolutely no excuse. They'll be the first to fücking moan when someone eventually points out to them their copy makes no fücking sense, of course. :rolleyes:

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:27 PM
It was simply an error, I assure you.

I've thought ofg another one. Tom Stoppard. ****.

Professional Foul was good, though.

David Hare, Harold Pinter, Lady Antonia Fraser - all cünts.

Luis Anaconda
02-24-2017, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't mind, but these ones are a part of literally one of the biggest industrial companies on earth. There is absolutely no excuse. They'll be the first to fücking moan when someone eventually points out to them their copy makes no fücking sense, of course. :rolleyes:

Absolutely - no win situation. Change it without their permission and they'll moan like bitches

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
02-24-2017, 02:32 PM
Oh do just fúck off.

Oh do shut up you lying old fecker. You loved Abigail's Party as much as everyone did back in the day. :-)

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:35 PM
Absolutely - no win situation. Change it without their permission and they'll moan like bitches

Yes. Heaven forfend they do something sensible like hire a native English speaker when all their global comms and marketing information is in English, of course.

redgunamo
02-24-2017, 02:38 PM
Not for long

Long weekend, innit :-|

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
02-24-2017, 02:38 PM

Who wrote that fúcking 'Kes' b0llocks - him too. Scruffy little northern **** keeping that poor Kestrel in captivity - lots of fat, gritty northern ****s roaming the Yorkshire council estates prefacing every sentence with "Aye lad". Fúck off back down yer coal mines ye ****s.

Sir C
02-24-2017, 02:42 PM
Who wrote that fúcking 'Kes' b0llocks - him too. Scruffy little northern **** keeping that poor Kestrel in captivity - lots of fat, gritty northern ****s roaming the Yorkshire council estates prefacing every sentence with "Aye lad". Fúck off back down yer coal mines ye ****s.

Oh yes. That was shíte of the dullest nature.

Plus, what about the one about that lad fúcking schoolgirls in the back of his car. Paédo****.

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:45 PM

Barry Hines? Or Ken Loach? Either way, both cünts.

redgunamo
02-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Yes. Heaven forfend they do something sensible like hire a native English speaker when all their global comms and marketing information is in English, of course.

No need to, is there, because everyone everywhere just uses Google Translate. Native English speakers are a practically insignificant minority.

In fact, such people are also at a significant disadvantage; we don't fancy learning other languages much and in a room full of foreigners speaking bad English to each other, American, or Google, English holds sway, in any case.

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:47 PM

Plus, what about the one about that lad fúcking schoolgirls in the back of his car. Paédo****.

Rita, Sue and Bob too? Yes. You wouldn't mind so much, but they were very ugly. :-(

Remember when you used to get people bemoaning the demise of Play for Today? They were cünts because it was all lefty shïte.

Sir C
02-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Barry Hines? Or Ken Loach? Either way, both cünts.

Ken '****' Loach, I think is his full name.

Luis Anaconda
02-24-2017, 02:49 PM

Rita, Sue and Bob Too? That was written by Andrea Dunbar - died of a brain hemorrhage before she reached 30

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:54 PM
Ken '****' Loach, I think is his full name.

He's apparently blaming Copeland on Blairism and right-wing Tories. The absolute fücking eejit. :hehe:

I almost wish j were here so I could mock him about the inevitable disaster that is what Corbyn has done to Labour. I really need to tell someone I told them so. :-(

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Rita, Sue and Bob Too? That was written by Andrea Dunbar - died of a brain hemorrhage before she reached 30

Yeah, cheery tale. Not exactly 'Little Women', is it? :-\

Andrea Dunbar first became pregnant at age 15; the baby was stillborn at 6 months.[7] She later had three children by three different fathers. The first, Lorraine, was born in 1979 to an Asian father. A year later, in 1980, Lisa was born, again while Andrea was still a teenager.
As a single mother, Dunbar spent 18 months in a refuge for battered women and became an increasingly heavy drinker. In 1990 she died of a brain haemorrhage at the age of 29 after becoming ill in the Beacon pub on Reevy Road. In 2007 her eldest daughter Lorraine, a heroin addict at the time, was convicted of manslaughter for causing the death of her child by gross neglect after the child ingested a lethal dose of methadone.[9][10][11]

Sir C
02-24-2017, 03:00 PM
Yeah, cheery tale. Not exactly 'Little Women', is it? :-\

Lefty? Professional fúcking victim like the rest of 'em.

Burney
02-24-2017, 03:03 PM
Lefty? Professional fúcking victim like the rest of 'em.

Yes. My wife is from a few streets away and contrived not to get pregnant, addicted to heroin or (and this is crucial) stay there. Instead, she got to university, got a degree, got a job and got the fück out of Yorkshire. She would have little sympathy.

Pokster
02-24-2017, 03:09 PM
Yes. My wife is from a few streets away and contrived not to get pregnant, addicted to heroin or (and this is crucial) stay there. Instead, she got to university, got a degree, got a job and got the fück out of Yorkshire. She would have little sympathy.

Ahh but she met you so it hasn't all been good news for her

Burney
02-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Ahh but she met you so it hasn't all been good news for her

Into each life a little rain must fall, p. :shrug:

Pokster
02-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Into each life a little rain must fall, p. :shrug:

:nod: Which part of Yorkshire is your GLW from?

Burney
02-24-2017, 03:15 PM
:nod: Which part of Yorkshire is your GLW from?

Bradford. Not even one of the less hellish bits. :-(

Mo Britain less Europe
02-24-2017, 04:47 PM

Harold Pinter - one of the greatest playwrights of all time.

Burney
02-24-2017, 04:49 PM

Boll.............................................. .................................................. ...ocks

Mo Britain less Europe
02-24-2017, 04:58 PM
Boll.............................................. .................................................. ...ocks

Please B, don't show your ignorance.

Luis Anaconda
02-24-2017, 05:05 PM

As is David Hare

Mo Britain less Europe
02-24-2017, 05:10 PM
With respect, Hare has written some very good plays but not in Pinter's league.