PDA

View Full Version : The rteally amusing bit last night was that Gent were rubbish.

Sir C
02-24-2017, 11:54 AM
I hadn't watched Tottenham this season. They're a peculiarly dislikable collection of individuals, as far as I can make out.

And they love to kick people.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
02-24-2017, 11:56 AM
I hadn't watched Tottenham this season. They're a peculiarly dislikable collection of individuals, as far as I can make out.

Kane's goal was a corker tbf.

Monty92
02-24-2017, 11:57 AM
yes although I couldn't help but be impressed by erikkson's reaction to drawing spurs level in the tie. Grabs ball, dumps on centre spot.

Let's imagine giroud's response...

Burney
02-24-2017, 12:00 PM
yes although I couldn't help but be impressed by erikkson's reaction to drawing spurs level in the tie. Grabs ball, dumps on centre spot.

I put it to you that, were someone else to have made such a trite point about a footballer, you would be all over them like a cheap suit for it.

SWv2
02-24-2017, 12:00 PM

The European smash and grab one is susceptible to when one fails to score an away goal.

I did not watch the entire 90 minutes but I believe Alli’s red card was particularly nasty. I dislike him.

Pokster
02-24-2017, 12:01 PM

Giroud wouldn't be seen dead playing a Europa League match

Sir C
02-24-2017, 12:02 PM
The European smash and grab one is susceptible to when one fails to score an away goal.

I did not watch the entire 90 minutes but I believe Alli’s red card was particularly nasty. I dislike him.

It was a proper potential leg-breaker but, to be honest, it was more rash than nasty. He wasn't trying to break the fellow's leg, he just didn't really care about the consequences of throwing his full body weight through someone's shin.

:****:

IUFG
02-24-2017, 12:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1QOD9YMe8w

indeed it was a nasty one, from a nasty little ****

Sir C
02-24-2017, 12:03 PM

Giroud wasn't playing, mate.

Tony C
02-24-2017, 12:06 PM
yeah and not like there was any previous history of teams playing their CL matches at Wembley to take on board before they moved there :-|

the red card was well deserved...bad tackle.

Luis Anaconda
02-24-2017, 12:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1QOD9YMe8w

indeed it was a nasty one, from a nasty little ****

May I also call him a **** - the ****

IUFG
02-24-2017, 12:08 PM
May I also call him a **** - the ****

I'd go much worse that that if I was you.

The ****ing, ****, ****** ****.

SWv2
02-24-2017, 12:09 PM
I'd go much worse that that if I was you.

The ****ing, ****, ****** ****.

Good man IUFG, almost Irish-like in your multi swearing within a single sentence abilities.

IUFG
02-24-2017, 12:11 PM
one should always try to learn the arts from the masters, sw :thumbup:

Mo Britain less Europe
02-24-2017, 12:19 PM
Potentially career-threatening. It's not even a tackle. He should receive a long suspension for that, not three games or whatever it is.

Monty92
02-24-2017, 12:38 PM
The difference is that if I ever make a point that appears trite you can be sure I can back it up with substance. I have earned that benefit of the doubt while others haven't, in my humble opinion.

Pokster
02-24-2017, 12:44 PM
The difference is that if I ever make a point that appears trite you can be sure I can back it up with substance. I have earned that benefit of the doubt while others haven't, in my humble opinion.

*******s imho

Burney
02-24-2017, 12:45 PM

But nonetheless you concede that the point was trite?

Ash
02-24-2017, 12:50 PM

It seems years since 'trite' trended on AWIMB to the extent that Peter started going around telling people off for over-using it.

SWv2
02-24-2017, 12:55 PM

Sadly your football input to the Awimb week day discourse has descended into pathetic, immature, childish nonsense so I am afraid I will have to disagree.

Monty92
02-24-2017, 01:24 PM
But nonetheless you concede that the point was trite?

Of course.

Burney
02-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Of course.

Well that's no fun, then. :-(