IUFG
02-23-2017, 08:23 PM
What a ****ing turnaround.

I do hope they get relegated

Sir C
02-23-2017, 08:24 PM

If he'd only become rubbish last April, we'd have won the league.

barrybueno
02-23-2017, 08:31 PM

If he was sacked then thats disgusting. Maybe he decided he wasnt up to it and left on the old mutual terms thingy

In other news great header from Harry Kane

IUFG
02-23-2017, 08:33 PM
If he was sacked then thats disgusting. Maybe he decided he wasnt up to it and left on the old mutual terms thingy

In other news great header from Harry Kane

He's been sacked innit.

**** Harry Kane.

Yesterday Once More
02-23-2017, 08:45 PM
So the bloke has been sacked 9 months after managing a club of Leicester's resources to the Premier League title. They have come back down to earth this season, but have given a very creditable account of themselves in the Champions' League and have a very decent chance of making the last 8 at the first attempt.

Yet Wenger clings on to his job at a much bigger club 13 years since a Premier League title and having gone out of the Champions' League at the last 16 stage in each of the last 6 years (it will be 7 next week).

Football isn't worth a candle now.

barrybueno
02-23-2017, 08:49 PM
He's been sacked innit.

**** Harry Kane.

Dele Ali gone now :redcard: Spurs are doing a Spurs tonight

IUFG
02-23-2017, 09:22 PM
Dele Ali gone now :redcard: Spurs are doing a Spurs tonight

What a ****ing shocker of a "tackle".

Absolutely meant it too. Nasty little ****er.

Mo Britain less Europe
02-23-2017, 11:33 PM
Disgraceful. The Ranieri sacking.

Tony C
02-24-2017, 08:52 AM
to be fair...they were pretty lucky with that group they got in the CL.

and they haven't scored a league goal this year.

Can't wait for young Kasper as our new No1

-

SWv2
02-24-2017, 08:57 AM
They cannot sack an entire squad of first team players yet have to try and do something to arrest what looks like a steady decline into division 2.

As ridiculous as it appears, and it is wrong, it is what the club perhaps had to do.

Tony C
02-24-2017, 09:07 AM
makes you think how important Kante was as their heartbeat and midfield enforcer...they just seemed to have flat lined and have no fight with him gone.

but the lad has put up some astonishing performances for Chelsea.

Monty92
02-24-2017, 10:24 AM
They are not comparable.

A league title then relegation is rank failure.

Top 4 and a couple of cups, while not success, is far from rank failure.

Had wenger won the league in the last ten years and then took us to the brink of relegation the following season, he'd have lost his job too.

It is wenger'a consisteny in keeping us ok the top 4 and winning a couple of cups that has kept him in his job.

Pokster
02-24-2017, 10:33 AM
They are not comparable.

Had wenger won the league in the last ten years and then took us to the brink of relegation the following season, he'd have lost his job too.

It is wenger'a consisteny in keeping us ok the top 4 and winning a couple of cups that has kept him in his job.

Leicester just stayed up 2 yrs ago... if they had done the smae last season and been where they are now there is every chance he would have kept his job

AW still has a job as the board don't know how to fire or hire a manager and they are **** scared. They do seem happy to stay financially secure rather than win anything

World's End Stella
02-24-2017, 10:36 AM
They are not comparable.

Or to state it another way - it is the board's and the owner's focus on the club's finances while completely disregarding the importance of trophies to the club's fan base which has allowed Wenger to keep his job.

Ash
02-24-2017, 10:47 AM
AW still has a job as the board don't know how to fire or hire a manager and they are **** scared. They do seem happy to stay financially secure rather than win anything

We just won the FA Cup two years in a row.

Monty92
02-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Actually I'm pretty certain Wenger would have gone had he not won the cup final vs Hull.

SWv2
02-24-2017, 11:00 AM
Actually I'm pretty certain Wenger would have gone had he not won the cup final vs Hull.

So to extend that do you think he will go if we fail to win the cup this year?

Ash
02-24-2017, 11:02 AM
So to extend that do you think he will go if we fail to win the cup this year?

He will go if we fail to get in the top four. That is our relegation.

SWv2
02-24-2017, 11:08 AM

I shall light a candle.

#irishcatholic

Ash
02-24-2017, 11:20 AM
I shall light a candle.

#irishcatholic

Probably would improve our chance of winning in the league, ironically.

World's End Stella
02-24-2017, 11:23 AM

I agree, but of his own free will.

The board were never going to push him. They still won't.

redgunamo
02-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Leicester just stayed up 2 yrs ago... if they had done the smae last season and been where they are now there is every chance he would have kept his job

And also because the bank insisted upon it, RE: the stadium loan arrangements.

redgunamo
02-24-2017, 12:47 PM

I don't think so. Nobody much cares about the FA Cup anyway, do they.

SWv2
02-24-2017, 12:50 PM
And also because the bank insisted upon it, RE: the stadium loan arrangements.

Good man R, I believe the term is "LOL"

:hehe:

redgunamo
02-24-2017, 12:54 PM
Good man R, I believe the term is "LOL"

:hehe:

:nod: Only a manager with such an ironclad agreement in place has the freedom to come up with such hare-brained schemes as "Theo Walcott can make it as Arsenal's main striker."

Luis Anaconda
02-24-2017, 12:59 PM
:nod: Only a manager with such an ironclad agreement in place has the freedom to come up with such hare-brained schemes as "Theo Walcott can make it as Arsenal's main striker."

Particularly these days when one doesn't really need a striker

redgunamo
02-24-2017, 01:02 PM
Particularly these days when one doesn't really need a striker

Precisely. Top Four is like a trophy, after all.

redgunamo
02-24-2017, 01:20 PM

I doubt it. It would be terribly harsh, for failing to finish in the top four once in twenty-thousand years or whatever it is.

And anyway, I very much doubt He sees the thing that way. If we needed to return to the Champions League places, a "Wenger" working for another club would be high up on the list of candidates for the job, wouldn't he? Rather like the Sam Allardyce/relegation dilemma, innit.

SWv2
02-24-2017, 02:10 PM
I doubt it. It would be terribly harsh, for failing to finish in the top four once in twenty-thousand years or whatever it is.

And anyway, I very much doubt He sees the thing that way. If we needed to return to the Champions League places, a "Wenger" working for another club would be high up on the list of candidates for the job, wouldn't he? Rather like the Sam Allardyce/relegation dilemma, innit.

*cough*

"Allardyce arrived with that well-worn label of “never being relegated from the Premier League” but in truth he has only rescued a few teams from impending relegation: Sunderland last year, Blackburn in 2008-09 and Bolton in their first couple of years in the division. In almost 20 years of Premier League management, the majority of his clubs have been comfortably mid-table and not under imminent threat of going down.
Advertisement

His reputation as the Red Adair of the Premier League is based on a few rescues rather than a long history. "

redgunamo
02-24-2017, 02:36 PM
*cough*

"Allardyce arrived with that well-worn label of “never being relegated from the Premier League” but in truth he has only rescued a few teams from impending relegation: Sunderland last year, Blackburn in 2008-09 and Bolton in their first couple of years in the division. In almost 20 years of Premier League management, the majority of his clubs have been comfortably mid-table and not under imminent threat of going down.
Advertisement

His reputation as the Red Adair of the Premier League is based on a few rescues rather than a long history. "

Yeah, the point is that, if Big Sam is your manager and yet, despite this, your club is in relegation trouble, there's no point sacking him because he himself would be exactly the man you would be looking for to get you back on track.

Just like Wenger and finishing in the top four; if you're Liverpool, Everton or Spurs, you'd want a manager like Wenger.