PDA

View Full Version : Just had a steak bake from Greggs at Tottenham Hale.

Burney
02-23-2017, 01:17 PM
A very peng munch indeed and excellent value at a ridiculously low £1.40.

wd Greggs

Sir C
02-23-2017, 01:23 PM

wd Greggs

Oh I say! A fine choice. Have you investigated the calorific cost of same?

I had leftover pommes dauphinoise and sausages. It was on point.

Burney
02-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Oh I say! A fine choice. Have you investigated the calorific cost of same?

I had leftover pommes dauphinoise and sausages. It was on point.

Of course not. I am not some calorie-counting homo. Anyway, I may need the calories if Storm Doris brings civilisation to a halt.

Sir C
02-23-2017, 01:30 PM
Of course not. I am not some calorie-counting homo. Anyway, I may need the calories if Storm Doris brings civilisation to a halt.

Oh well, on your subcutaneous fat be it.

Alone tonight and considering options, but currently too full of sausage, potato and cream to contemplate a kebab. Poor planning.

From blowing quite the hoolie this morning, Doris appears to have chilled the fúck out now. It's quite disappointing.

SWv2
02-23-2017, 01:30 PM

wd Greggs

Greggs is ace.

They have a factory close to where my MIL lives in South Wales, Pyll to be precise. We went to the seaside once for the spin and en route stopped off for the large bag of assorted pastry based treats.

The general ambience went further downhill when cans of lager were produced from the boot of the car.

Pokster
02-23-2017, 01:33 PM

Alone tonight and considering options, but currently too full of sausage, potato and cream to contemplate a kebab. Poor planning.

From blowing quite the hoolie this morning, Doris appears to have chilled the fúck out now. It's quite disappointing.

Because it isn't down South... it knows you soft southern types couldn't handle it so it is taking on us tough northern chaps..... blowing quite a gale up here

Sir C
02-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Because it isn't down South... it knows you soft southern types couldn't handle it so it is taking on us tough northern chaps..... blowing quite a gale up here

I've worked out a new route to oop norf. I'm going to turn off the A1 at Bedale and cut right across the Yorkshire Dales, Moors, whatever they are.

Is it best to stick 't rurds?

Pat Vegas
02-23-2017, 01:40 PM

wd Greggs

I haven't been there in a long time. I like to avoid it as the traffic is usually horrible.

any new shops?

Pokster
02-23-2017, 01:44 PM
I've worked out a new route to oop norf. I'm going to turn off the A1 at Bedale and cut right across the Yorkshire Dales, Moors, whatever they are.

Which way do you normally go?

Pokster
02-23-2017, 01:46 PM

I assume you normally do A1 -A66 which is the obvious way... the roads from Bedale through Leyburn are scenic but slow

Sir C
02-23-2017, 01:51 PM
I assume you normally do A1 -A66 which is the obvious way... the roads from Bedale through Leyburn are scenic but slow

Well, I used to go M1/M6 but soon fell out of love with that, so M11/A1/A66, yes.

Will overnight in Stamford and arise at the crack of. I reckon 2 hours to Bedale and 2 hours acorss 't moor/fell/dale whatever.

Ash
02-23-2017, 01:52 PM

We usually do that. Through Wednesleydale. :wallace: :gromit: And other routes through Yorkshire. Much better than M1/M6 imo. Sometimes stop over somewhere too to break up the journey.

Pokster
02-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Well, I used to go M1/M6 but soon fell out of love with that, so M11/A1/A66, yes.

Will overnight in Stamford and arise at the crack of. I reckon 2 hours to Bedale and 2 hours acorss 't moor/fell/dale whatever.

As I say, it is scenic but if you get stuck behind a tractor you could be there awhile

Pokster
02-23-2017, 01:53 PM
We usually do that. Through Wednesleydale. :wallace: :gromit: And other routes through Yorkshire. Much better than M1/M6 imo. Sometimes stop over somewhere too to break up the journey.

Some lovely roads round here/there..... I take them for granted now

Sir C
02-23-2017, 01:56 PM
As I say, it is scenic but if you get stuck behind a tractor you could be there awhile

Hmm, good point.

Up and on the road by 5, perhaps. Half an hour for an A1 Little Chef breakfast. Bedale at 7:30. Windermere by 10, shopping in Booths until 12, fish and chips in Ambleside for lunch, arrive at cottage at 2. :cloud9:

Fúck me I know how to enjoy myself.

SWv2
02-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Hmm, good point.

Up and on the road by 5, perhaps. Half an hour for an A1 Little Chef breakfast. Bedale at 7:30. Windermere by 10, shopping in Booths until 12, fish and chips in Ambleside for lunch, arrive at cottage at 2. :cloud9:

Fúck me I know how to enjoy myself.

Was it not your custom practice to take a few weeks tropical at this point of the year? Yet here you are discussing, with some apparent glee, a few days in the North of England.

Sir C
02-23-2017, 02:01 PM

:nod: I arrange a meeting for the Friday morning somewhere in the midlands and overnight there to get an early dart on the Saturday. Stamford this time.

Sir C
02-23-2017, 02:04 PM
Was it not your custom practice to take a few weeks tropical at this point of the year? Yet here you are discussing, with some apparent glee, a few days in the North of England.

It has been my custom to go to the tropics on 26th or 27th December, returning at the end of January; however, pressures of work have mitigated against this plan this year. I was able to take but 10 days in January, not long enough for a tropical break, but the Lakes were quite beautiful in the cold and frost. April will be a feast of new life, the countryside fair bursting with the first growth of a new year. Very spiritual.

Tropics in October tbh.

Burney
02-23-2017, 02:10 PM

Oh, it's mental here. Just took out overhead cables and forced me to abandon my train. Nearly got taken out by a wheelie bin travelling across a road at speed. On a bus now.

Greggs and a bus in one day. Quite the high life.

Sir C
02-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Oh, it's mental here. Just took out overhead cables and forced me to abandon my train. Nearly got taken out by a wheelie bin travelling across a road at speed. On a bus now.

Greggs and a bus in one day. Quite the high life.

It's all glamour, clearly.