PDA

View Full Version : Monaco were a joy to watch last night

World's End Stella
02-22-2017, 10:17 AM
going forward, anyway. Thon wee no 10 chappy of theirs may not be the best player in the world but lord is he fun to watch. They were seriously challenged at the back but when they got it, it was a pleasure to watch them counter attack like that.

The boy Mbappe and that massive unit in midfield Bakayoko would look awfully good in the Arsenal colours next year.

Jardim, Mbappe and Bakayoko in, Wenger, Ramsey and Walcott out.

IUFG
02-22-2017, 10:20 AM
It was a fine match.

Caused by bad goalkeeping and worse defending.

Neither will win it with that type of performance.

: peopleinglasshouses:

Sir C
02-22-2017, 10:21 AM
going forward, anyway. Thon wee no 10 chappy of theirs may not be the best player in the world but lord is he fun to watch. They were seriously challenged at the back but when they got it, it was a pleasure to watch them counter attack like that.

The boy Mbappe and that massive unit in midfield Bakayoko would look awfully good in the Arsenal colours next year.

So now you're happy to see us concede 5 away?

7sisters
02-22-2017, 11:19 AM
So. Great going forwards, ill disciplined and colander like at the back.
Their man Jardim is a shoe in with the bookies surely ? After all, our man Wenger is 94.

Luis Anaconda
02-22-2017, 11:25 AM

For 70 minutes anyway. Loved Falcao's goals, not so much the penalty

Just Trent
02-22-2017, 11:35 AM

Indeed. Nobody really expects us to win the league and CL. But, it would be nice to fail to win them in a more interesting and exciting way.

7sisters
02-22-2017, 11:56 AM
Indeed. Nobody really expects us to win the league and CL. But, it would be nice to fail to win them in a more interesting and exciting way.

That's pretty depressing really. I mean, with us being one of the worlds top 10 richest clubs an all. I think even Terry Neil managed a couple of trophies in fifteen years, certainly a few spirit crushing final defeats ( not that he had that long ) and was probably on around 25k a year. Simpler times.

IUFG
02-22-2017, 12:03 PM
Falcao's goal was indeed, a thing of beauty.

SWv2
02-22-2017, 12:22 PM

Two very good attacking teams with not a whole pile of respect for the art of defending. Chuck in that it was a game with no emotional involvement (other than those petty spiteful chaps who are desperate to see Guardiola fail) and it was indeed a joy to watch.

The group stages so far have in general been fabulous and now tonight I expect to see Sevilla tear Leicester a brand new European arsehole, which will be nice. Meanwhile the length and breadth of the UK chaps readjust their positions on the sofa and question their sanity – “hold on, is that the bloke that used play for Blackburn/Stoke ….”.

redgunamo
02-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Falcao's goal was indeed, a thing of beauty.

Yes, at his best, he's like something out of a computer game.

redgunamo
02-22-2017, 12:25 PM
Two very good attacking teams with not a whole pile of respect for the art of defending. Chuck in that it was a game with no emotional involvement (other than those petty spiteful chaps who are desperate to see Guardiola fail) and it was indeed a joy to watch.

The group stages so far have in general been fabulous and now tonight I expect to see Sevilla tear Leicester a brand new European arsehole, which will be nice. Meanwhile the length and breadth of the UK chaps readjust their positions on the sofa and question their sanity – “hold on, is that the bloke that used play for Blackburn/Stoke ….”.

Yeah, but attacking's easy if you don't have to defend though. The trick is to find the right balance.

I agree though, last night's Manchester City match would've made a good final. As a spectacle, I mean.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-22-2017, 12:41 PM

At no point did you believe he was going to score that pelanty

Luis Anaconda
02-22-2017, 12:48 PM
At no point did you believe he was going to score that pelanty
No - looked as nervous as ****. As poor a spot kick as I have seen since Aubeyamang's last week.