PDA

View Full Version : Any decent informed guesses as to when the Lincoln game will be played?

Mo Britain less Europe
02-21-2017, 12:06 PM
Any chance it will actually be on the Saturday?

Sir C
02-21-2017, 12:16 PM

No idea, I'm afraid BUT, are Lincoln better or worser than Sutton? Because if they're better, we may struggle :-(

Pat Vegas
02-21-2017, 12:19 PM
No idea, I'm afraid BUT, are Lincoln better or worser than Sutton? Because if they're better, we may struggle :-(

at least it's a home Sir C.

redgunamo
02-21-2017, 12:20 PM

I gather they beat Celtic the other week, in the Champions League. We're buggered.

Sir C
02-21-2017, 12:21 PM

Yes, that will be an advantage, won't it? If it's still 0-0 after 5 minutes and the abuse starts rolling from the stands.

Imagine if Lincoln scored first :hehe:

Pat Vegas
02-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Yes, that will be an advantage, won't it? If it's still 0-0 after 5 minutes and the abuse starts rolling from the stands.

I think it's good in terms of not having the whole circus atmosphere of last night.

Then again we are capable of our own circus.

IUFG
02-21-2017, 12:23 PM

they'll put it on at 5 ****ing 30 or some other non-footballing kick off time. Which means a) I'll miss out on a curry b) I'll have to rush to get the train.

****s!

redgunamo
02-21-2017, 12:32 PM

The magic of the cup, innit. Lincoln City will make almost a million quid out of it. Well done, them.

Ash
02-21-2017, 02:22 PM
The magic of the cup, innit. Lincoln City will make almost a million quid out of it. Well done, them.

Agreed. And they will enjoy that monies far more than we enjoy our hated 30m a year for getting ****ted in the last 16 of the CL. Every. Time.

Monty92
02-21-2017, 02:34 PM
Agreed. And they will enjoy that monies far more than we enjoy our hated 30m a year for getting ****ted in the last 16 of the CL. Every. Time.

Every time? Last week was only the second time in six years that we've lost a last 16 CL match by more than two goals :shrug:

Sir C
02-21-2017, 02:35 PM

We're not out yet, a.

If we can channel last night's performance against Bayern at the Emirates, anything is possible.

Mo Britain less Europe
02-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble
Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble
Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble
Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble Wibble

Ash
02-21-2017, 04:05 PM

I'm afraid I don't know the KO yet, Mo. The official Emirates FA Cup website isn't being terribly helpful. It says Saturday 11th March which could well be a lie.

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/fa-cup-round-dates

The BBC, who I gather are one of the television companies who show the matches and so get to know first which inconvenient-for-supporters date-and-time it will be says that it will be at 1500 on Saturday 11th March. they could be lying too, I suppose, especially as they also say that Please note: All times UK. Fixtures are subject to change. The BBC is not responsible for any changes that may be made.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup/fixtures

The BT website also says saturday 11th March, but admit that they don't know the kick-off times yet as they are 'TBC'.

http://sport.bt.com/football/fa-cup/fixtures-01364045940012

So from the three main sources of information, the game is most likely to be on the Saturday at 3.00pm, even though you, I and the other 10 people that use this website and have no insider information about scheduled times know damned well that the one time that the match will definitely not be, is 3.00pm on Saturday 11th March.

It's a funny old world.

Ash
02-21-2017, 04:13 PM
Every time? Last week was only the second time in six years that we've lost a last 16 CL match by more than two goals :shrug:

One can nit pick but we've always had at least a mountain to climb in the second leg. Anyway, we arguably get ****ed in the last 16 by constantly drawing Bayernalona.

Rich
02-21-2017, 06:15 PM
I'm afraid I don't know the KO yet, Mo. The official Emirates FA Cup website isn't being terribly helpful. It says Saturday 11th March which could well be a lie.

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/fa-cup-round-dates

The BBC, who I gather are one of the television companies who show the matches and so get to know first which inconvenient-for-supporters date-and-time it will be says that it will be at 1500 on Saturday 11th March. they could be lying too, I suppose, especially as they also say that Please note: All times UK. Fixtures are subject to change. The BBC is not responsible for any changes that may be made.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup/fixtures

The BT website also says saturday 11th March, but admit that they don't know the kick-off times yet as they are 'TBC'.

http://sport.bt.com/football/fa-cup/fixtures-01364045940012

So from the three main sources of information, the game is most likely to be on the Saturday at 3.00pm, even though you, I and the other 10 people that use this website and have no insider information about scheduled times know damned well that the one time that the match will definitely not be, is 3.00pm on Saturday 11th March.

It's a funny old world.

This post really did tickle me, A. And on an extrodinarily vile day. I would like to extend a personal and heartfelt thank you to you.