PDA

View Full Version : 19:55? That's not a kick-off time.

Sir C
02-20-2017, 03:20 PM
What a load of old bóllocks.

Evening games kick-off at 19:30. Why is that so hard to understand?

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 03:23 PM

It's on BBC right? I can watch it on my ace new telly.

Sir C
02-20-2017, 03:24 PM

Apparently lots of people are upset with those tellies because if you sit slightly to the side you can't see much.

That might be an advantage watching the Arsenal at the moment, to be honest.

SWv2
02-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Apparently lots of people are upset with those tellies because if you sit slightly to the side you can't see much.

Restricted view, a real lower league football user experience, romance of the FA Cup etc.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 03:27 PM

:hehe: I am actually looking forward to watching tonight game. It's one of those weird games that doesn't happen very often.

I got quite a big telly so it fills up the living room nicely. The only time it looks a bit odd if I have a glance from the kitchen.

The 4K stuff is amazing.

Burney
02-20-2017, 03:28 PM

Yes. And don't get me started on this new-fangled decimal money :old:

Rich
02-20-2017, 03:32 PM

What are we hoping for? If we win the cup we almost certainly get 2 more years of Him, at a minimum. Better to go out tonight or go through and then get thumped 4-1 by Spurs at Wembley in the semis?

A 2-1 defeat would be just the trick, I think. His position will be almost untenable then.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 03:34 PM
What are we hoping for? If we win the cup we almost certainly get 2 more years of Him, at a minimum. Better to go out tonight or go through and then get thumped 4-1 by Spurs at Wembley in the semis?

A 2-1 defeat would be just the trick, I think. His position will be almost untenable then.

I am going game by game basis Rich. I think it's for the best that way I don't get upset.

However if we do lose tonight there is no way Wenger should remain.

SWv2
02-20-2017, 03:35 PM
I am going game by game basis Rich. I think it's for the best that way I don't get upset.

However if we do lose tonight there is no way Wenger should remain.

Stop this nonsense now. The cup semi-final could well seal his fate mind you, both ways.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Stop this nonsense now. The cup semi-final could well seal his fate mind you, both ways.

Let's see the squard. If it's full of 1st teamers and we lose (depending on circumstances) they'll just make an embarrassing week a whole lot more.

If we do reach the semi's if it's Chelsea, United or Spurs in that game we will lose. We may beat City

Sir C
02-20-2017, 03:38 PM
Yes. And don't get me started on this new-fangled decimal money :old:

But it's just silly. Apart from anything else, it means the game won't end until, let's see, 20:40, 15 minutes for half time, that's 21:00 by the time they get going, so final whistle at 21:50! That's almost 10 o'clock! On a weeknight, that's fúcking bed time.

Norn Iron
02-20-2017, 03:39 PM

My Dad always asks me what time Champions League games kick off at :-|

SWv2
02-20-2017, 03:41 PM
Let's see the squard. If it's full of 1st teamers and we lose (depending on circumstances) they'll just make an embarrassing week a whole lot more.

If we do reach the semi's if it's Chelsea, United or Spurs in that game we will lose. We may beat City

If he lost to Spurs then the pain or embarrassment of defeat for some will again cause major unrest among support and the media will again milk it. The timing so close to the end of the season my well be crucial.

Then again he wins and there you have it, new deal.

An interesting end to what has been a rather shíte FA Cup campaign.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 03:42 PM

My dad still thinks Joel Campbell is related to Sol Campbell as I told him he was his nephew.

SWv2
02-20-2017, 03:42 PM
But it's just silly. Apart from anything else, it means the game won't end until, let's see, 20:40, 15 minutes for half time, that's 21:00 by the time they get going, so final whistle at 21:50! That's almost 10 o'clock! On a weeknight, that's fúcking bed time.

Game will be over within the half hour old man, retire for the night and check the score in the morning with the butler.

Sir C
02-20-2017, 03:43 PM

19:30? 19:45? Who can keep up?

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 03:43 PM
If he lost to Spurs then the pain or embarrassment of defeat for some will again cause major unrest among support and the media will again milk it. The timing so close to the end of the season my well be crucial.

Then again he wins and there you have it, new deal.

An interesting end to what has been a rather shíte FA Cup campaign.

Yeah I suppose depends on how we lose, Penalty shootout fair enough.
If Tottenham for example where to rip us to shreds it's game over.

Burney
02-20-2017, 03:44 PM

I think any time before 10 is reasonable. Anything that goes to extra time or pens is unacceptable, however.

Sir C
02-20-2017, 03:46 PM
Game will be over within the half hour old man, retire for the night and check the score in the morning with the butler.

It's 11 v 11, sw. Anything could happen.

I once played for a pub team which was drawn against British Telecom in some cup competition or other. BT! Those blokes spent all day training, and they had about 50,000 lads to choose from. Thy might as well have been professional. But we reasoned that they were mortal, just like us, and we went out there and gave it our all.

We lost 11-1, of course, but I scored so I didn't give a fúck.

Burney
02-20-2017, 03:46 PM
My dad still thinks Joel Campbell is related to Sol Campbell as I told him he was his nephew.

Took a long time for my dad to stop calling Sol Campbell 'Kevin' :-(

Mind you, they did both have big fat arses.

Ash
02-20-2017, 03:47 PM

Anyone wanting Arsenal to lose to get rid of the manager surely cannot be said to support the club.

We don't want to lose to Sutton, Rich. We will never, ever, hear the end of it.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 03:49 PM
Took a long time for my dad to stop calling Sol Campbell 'Kevin' :-(

Mind you, they did both have big fat arses.

I think this is probably a :redcard: but my mum used to call Carlos Vela, Ricky. as in Ricky Villa :-(

SWv2
02-20-2017, 03:54 PM
It's 11 v 11, sw. Anything could happen.

I once played for a pub team which was drawn against British Telecom in some cup competition or other. BT! Those blokes spent all day training, and they had about 50,000 lads to choose from. Thy might as well have been professional. But we reasoned that they were mortal, just like us, and we went out there and gave it our all.

We lost 11-1, of course, but I scored so I didn't give a fúck.

No, I'm not having it*

In fact I think it will be so one sided as to turn over.

Note I did not even stoop so low as to suggest we are the much fabled flat track bullies etc.

*I know it could but it won't. It will be comfortable. That's how we roll.

SWv2
02-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Anyone wanting Arsenal to lose to get rid of the manager surely cannot be said to support the club.

What if you had money on Sutton, where do you stand on that.

I haven't by the way but expect many will, just in case.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2017, 04:00 PM

22.50 here :( And I have to watch in the pub. In other news - wd the pub

SWv2
02-20-2017, 04:04 PM

It is admirable the personal distress you go through for the club.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2017, 04:09 PM
It is admirable the personal distress you go through for the club.

ty - and how do they repay me? Last week's performance, that's how. *******s

Ash
02-20-2017, 04:09 PM
What if you had money on Sutton, where do you stand on that.

I haven't by the way but expect many will, just in case.

I never bet, partly for these reasons.

Insurance, I can understand. It can get a bit murky though, this betting mularkay. When I used to sit with Neg he would regularly be punching the air at Spurs and Chelsea wins when it benefitted his accumulator. I did not approve.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 04:13 PM

Insurance, I can understand. It can get a bit murky though, this betting mularkay. When I used to sit with Neg he would regularly be punching the air at Spurs and Chelsea wins when it benefitted his accumulator. I did not approve.

I love a gamble but never been tempted into sports betting. takes too long I like to lose my money quicker.

SWv2
02-20-2017, 04:14 PM

A supporters loyalties, or more importantly dislike of rivals, can play no part in gambling other than perhaps not backing your team to lose.

I could fully understand a chap wading in tonight at 28/1 if the chap was sitting on surplus funds in his account.

Sir C
02-20-2017, 04:17 PM

I strongly advise temperance. A glass of lemonade or, perhaps, sparkling mineral water with a slice of lemon.

Remember, you need to be on top form for work tomorrow.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2017, 04:21 PM
I strongly advise temperance. A glass of lemonade or, perhaps, sparkling mineral water with a slice of lemon.

Remember, you need to be on top form for work tomorrow.
But tomorrow's Tuesday - no one really needs to work on a Tuesday

Ash
02-20-2017, 04:25 PM
I could fully understand a chap wading in tonight at 28/1 if the chap was sitting on surplus funds in his account.

That is tempting, as insurance. I could spare a tenner to see us safely over the banaskin with a conciliatory little wallet-full to help compensate for the pain of defeat.

Get behind me, Satan.

Ash
02-20-2017, 04:27 PM
But tomorrow's Tuesday - no one really needs to work on a Tuesday

I certainly don't. :-)

Burney
02-20-2017, 04:49 PM
That is tempting, as insurance. I could spare a tenner to see us safely over the banaskin with a conciliatory little wallet-full to help compensate for the pain of defeat.

Get behind me, Satan.

10-1 The draw is a better bet imo

redgunamo
02-20-2017, 05:35 PM

We don't want to lose to Sutton, Rich. We will never, ever, hear the end of it.

Paul Merson & Co. wouldn't mind, I think, so people stop talking about Wrexham.