PDA

View Full Version : Fitnesstypes. I've been taking your advice.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 11:41 AM
But at what stage do I start feeling better? Plus my knee hurts and it never used to.

I am completely knackered but getting enough sleep :sherlock:

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2017, 12:34 PM
But at what stage do I start feeling better? Plus my knee hurts and it never used to.

This is called old age - it never gets better. Might as well just drink heavily

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2017, 12:34 PM

I realise I may not have been the target market for your post, p

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 12:37 PM

There is one remaining Arsenal player that is older than me. Petr Cech. by a few weeks

Once he's off it's game over.

Tony C
02-20-2017, 12:51 PM
maybe time for stem cell treatment.

Bas Rutten had it done....said he felt like a superhero afterwards with power flowing through his veins o:

or get on that TRT....amazing to see so many fighters just fall apart after the TRT ban...Vitor was the biggest drop. The guy is fecking useless now and looks awful.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 01:05 PM
maybe time for stem cell treatment.

Bas Rutten had it done....said he felt like a superhero afterwards with power flowing through his veins o:

or get on that TRT....amazing to see so many fighters just fall apart after the TRT ban...Vitor was the biggest drop. The guy is fecking useless now and looks awful.

When it comes to supplements. I always look at the Usada banned list :-)
I am on that lyoto ****.

Sir C
02-20-2017, 01:13 PM

I'm far from convinced anyone actually feels any better, until you run for a bus, or walk up a hill, and realise that you wouldn't have managed it 12 months previously...

Rich
02-20-2017, 01:15 PM
I'm far from convinced anyone actually feels any better, until you run for a bus, or walk up a hill, and realise that you wouldn't have managed it 12 months previously...

Or when you're on a run/cycle and you get to x KMs and realise that you'd previously be clinging onto life at that point and now you actually feel like you can continue.

Eating properly prior to exercise helps in this regard too. Bananas seem to give super-human strength.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 01:15 PM

hmmmm so from feeling tired and lazy all the time by not working out, I've replaced it by being exhausted from working out.
I feel like I am in a fog.

I will never run for a bus. I may walk quickly for a train though.

Rich
02-20-2017, 01:16 PM
hmmmm so from feeling tired and lazy all the time by not working out, I've replaced it by being exhausted from working out.
I feel like I am in a fog.

I will never run for a bus. I may walk quickly for a train though.

Still off the fags?

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Still off the fags?

not completely :-(
but a couple here and there.

Rich
02-20-2017, 01:20 PM
not completely :-(
but a couple here and there.

Well you'll still benefit from cutting down, least not financially.

My colleague just went cold turkey about a month ago. Has stuck to it religiously and, despite being in a mostly foul mood for that past few weeks, can now see it's getting easier.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
02-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Eating properly prior to exercise helps in this regard too.

I think that's where I have been going wrong. Been stuffing pasties into my ears and nose rather than into my mouth :thumbup:

redgunamo
02-20-2017, 01:40 PM
I think that's where I have been going wrong. Been stuffing pasties into my ears and nose rather than into my mouth :thumbup:

:hehe: Cheeky *******.

World's End Stella
02-20-2017, 01:40 PM

You should feel better after every workout, as the endorphins kick in.

If Pat isn't feeling any better he isn't doing it properly. Or he's over-compensating in some other, less healthy, manner.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 01:42 PM

If Pat isn't feeling any better he isn't doing it properly. Or he's over-compensating in some other, less healthy, manner.

Actually I felt really miserable after the gym the other day.

What I do like about it is that when I am relaxing at home after the gym I am not really thinking about anything and can enjoy watching tv more.

Peter
02-20-2017, 02:08 PM

You travel on buses? ;)

Ash
02-20-2017, 02:14 PM
You travel on buses? ;)

Edged, gone!

Well bowled, Peter.

SWv2
02-20-2017, 02:37 PM

I would suggest perhaps that Pat’s main issue here is that he simply does not enjoy the gym based exercise regime which he is undertaking.

No release of endorphins, them a very personal intangible, will compensate when a person does not want to be exercising but maybe feels they should.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 02:53 PM
I would suggest perhaps that Pat’s main issue here is that he simply does not enjoy the gym based exercise regime which he is undertaking.

No release of endorphins, them a very personal intangible, will compensate when a person does not want to be exercising but maybe feels they should.

I find the gym extremely boring but necessary unfortunately as I put on too much weight. Office life stops me from the exercise I require. perhaps I will find it pleasurable later and maybe I don't see the results I want.

And I wish to resume other interests such as hockey but I am too out of shape. Playing sports is great I like exercise that you don't think of. I was under the impression being fit or becoming fit I would feel better. I am in the phase of feeling worse. Perhaps it gets better later. And I don't feel I am doing too much or too little.

Sir C
02-20-2017, 02:54 PM
You travel on buses? ;)

I quite recently (about 4 years ago?) got on a bus from Regent St to Selfridges.

It was quite the experience, I can tell you.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 02:55 PM
I quite recently (about 4 years ago?) got on a bus from Regent St to Selfridges.

It was quite the experience, I can tell you.

Buses in Central London are a different story imo.
Nothing wrong with using them in the West End.

SWv2
02-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Office life stops me from the exercise I require.

You could go for a walk during your lunch hour each day.

Sir C
02-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Buses in Central London are a different story imo.
Nothing wrong with using them in the West End.

I was able to sit right at the front and pretend I was the driver.

wd bus.

Never found the first class compartment though.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 02:56 PM
You could go for a walk during your lunch hour each day.

I do go for a walk. I also now get off at a different station and walk it's not that far but it's a couple extra miles each day.
That's why I joined the gym as walking only seemed to help so much.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 02:57 PM

wd bus.

Never found the first class compartment though.

There is a hidden door behind the conductor.

Ash
02-20-2017, 03:15 PM

wd bus.

DLR is best for this.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 03:16 PM
DLR is best for this.

Or sit at the back and pretend you have lost control of the train.