PDA

View Full Version : So Wenger's last game as manager could be victory over Spurs in the Cup Final

Monty92
02-20-2017, 09:46 AM
or...... :-O

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 09:50 AM

We are playing spurs in the cup final in 10 years time?

Sir C
02-20-2017, 09:55 AM

I've always been convinced that his last ever game will be a victory in the CL final against Barcelona. In my mind, despite it being 2017, Bergkamp plays a through ball to Fabregas for the winner. :-(

redgunamo
02-20-2017, 09:58 AM
It's twenty years time. Twenty years.

We are playing spurs in the cup final in 10 years time?

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 10:00 AM
It's twenty years time. Twenty years.

I watched the ArsenalfanTV interview with Neville.

I like Neville more than them.

Burney
02-20-2017, 10:02 AM

We're such a scenario to arise, I am certain that our players would fight to the death to prevent AW's humiliation. After all, they are renowned for their lion-hearted, never-say-die attitude and fearsome devotion to the cause...

:-(

:cry:

redgunamo
02-20-2017, 10:04 AM

Naturally. They make you feel bad, I suspect.

Sir C
02-20-2017, 10:05 AM

I'm disappointed in Gary Neville. He is giving them publicity and suggesting they are worthy of being argued with.

redgunamo
02-20-2017, 10:05 AM
We're such a scenario to arise, I am certain that our players would fight to the death to prevent AW's humiliation. After all, they are renowned for their lion-hearted, never-say-die attitude and fearsome devotion to the cause...

:-(

:cry:

:hehe: I'm not sure what could be less fitting.

redgunamo
02-20-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm disappointed in Gary Neville. He is giving them publicity and suggesting they are worthy of being argued with.

GNev2 has never paid to watch a game in his life though.

Knows his cricket, all the same.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 10:16 AM
Naturally. They make you feel bad, I suspect.

There is the one bloke with the tattoos. I agreed with some of the things he said.

but people forget that they are making lots of cash from their channel.

Pat Vegas
02-20-2017, 10:17 AM

I think when they first started talking to him they thought he'd be all smiley and apologise.

He looked annoyed. Though I turned it off after a while.

redgunamo
02-20-2017, 10:28 AM
There is the one bloke with the tattoos. I agreed with some of the things he said.

but people forget that they are making lots of cash from their channel.

Football's all about money nowadays. Fairplay to them.

Yesterday Once More
02-20-2017, 11:35 AM
GNev2 has never paid to watch a game in his life though.

Knows his cricket, all the same.

Talking of cricket, my highest score in a very modest standard of friendly club cricket was 97. In my mind's eye I would eventually get that century, and I pictured the moment many, many times in my mind's eye. But with age there came a point where I was glad to graft a 50 once every couple of years, and I had to accept that just because I'd once scored a few 80s and 90s I wouldn't ever get a sniff of the elusive ton.

Time for the old bugger to declare his innings closed.

Burney
02-20-2017, 11:41 AM
Talking of cricket, my highest score in a very modest standard of friendly club cricket was 97. In my mind's eye I would eventually get that century, and I pictured the moment many, many times in my mind's eye. But with age there came a point where I was glad to graft a 50 once every couple of years, and I had to accept that just because I'd once scored a few 80s and 90s I wouldn't ever get a sniff of the elusive ton.

Choker :vsign:

redgunamo
02-20-2017, 11:51 AM

I like that story. Very nice.

I do not believe that's the issue with Wenger here though. *We* may feel it's time for Him to call it a day, but He simply feels He is being a professional and doing His job, running a football club, until it is time for Him to retire. Just like almost anybody else, in fact.

Being a professional isn't about successes and failures, highs and lows; it is about simply doing your work every day and being ready for the next day. Until you stop. One might say, His job is not to win, it is merely to manage.

The conflict arises simply because this sort of thing is unusual in football.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2017, 12:39 PM
Choker :vsign:

:hehe: 3 characters