PDA

View Full Version : So Wenger says he's going to manage someone next year. The board have said that a

Rich
02-17-2017, 10:39 AM
contract is always on the table for Him.

So it's looking increasingly likely that He'll extend his stay. Best get behind Him and support the team, then.

Peter
02-17-2017, 10:45 AM

So it's looking increasingly likely that He'll extend his stay. Best get behind Him and support the team, then.

As much as I think he definitely needs to go, I don't actually want him to. I want the old Arsene back, but he isn't available.

The thought of him not being our manager is horrible but it has to happen soon. For his sake it needs to be now.

Pat Vegas
02-17-2017, 10:45 AM

they have no idea if I am behind them or not.
as they don't see me behaving in my living room, my posts on here, or conversations with my mum where she sticks up for him no matter what and says Sanchez is to blame.

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2017, 10:47 AM
they have no idea if I am behind them or not.
as they don't see me behaving in my living room, my posts on here, or conversations with my mum where she sticks up for him no matter what and says Sanchez is to blame.

Your mum :love:

Pat Vegas
02-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Your mum :love:

She's been mentioned a lot lately.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 10:51 AM
She's been mentioned a lot lately.

I've not heard it called that before :rubchin:

Burney
02-17-2017, 10:51 AM
As much as I think he definitely needs to go, I don't actually want him to. I want the old Arsene back, but he isn't available.

The thought of him not being our manager is horrible but it has to happen soon. For his sake it needs to be now.

The trouble is that I worry that he's now holed up in his bunker living in a fantasy realm with Steve Bould acting as his Goebells and Vic Akers as Martin Boormann, assuring that victory is in his grasp. :-(

SWv2
02-17-2017, 10:53 AM

It does somewhat suggest he is to stay given the quite definitive nature of the sentence.

Then again I would not believe or trust a word the man says so I am in a quandary.

Rich
02-17-2017, 10:53 AM

I tend to agree. He has previously said that He will walk away when He feels as though he cannot do the job to the standards it deserves so perhaps that is our best hope. However, this rather implies that He is willing to do a sub-standard job elsewhere.

Stubborn old git, is Arsene. I'm sure He'll carry on for at least another 2 years in the hope that He can win another major pot.

SWv2
02-17-2017, 10:54 AM
The trouble is that I worry that he's now holed up in his bunker living in a fantasy realm with Steve Bould acting as his Goebells and Vic Akers as Martin Boormann, assuring that victory is in his grasp. :-(

Is Vic in his shorts?

:-\

Pat Vegas
02-17-2017, 10:55 AM

It's odd he said 'somewhere else'

I think he hasn't made up his mind yet.

He could have just said yes I feel I will be managing next year.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 10:57 AM

Boro Primorac as von Rundstedt; "Wen interessiert es, wenn wir kein Mittelfeld haben, WIR KÖNNEN DOCH NOCH GEWINNEN!"

Burney
02-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Is Vic in his shorts?

:-\

:nod: Naturally. He's been wearing them so long now they'd have to be surgically removed.

Pat Vegas
Boro Primorac as von Rundstedt; "Wen interessiert es, wenn wir kein Mittelfeld haben, WIR KÖNNEN DOCH NOCH GEWINNEN!"

If I put this in google translate will it mention those mysterious unit holders again?

redgunamo
It's odd he said 'somewhere else'

I think he hasn't made up his mind yet.

He could have just said yes I feel I will be managing next year.

That means He'd definitely be staying though. It's difficult.

Burney
02-17-2017, 11:00 AM

Clinging desperately to the belief that Cazorla will come back from injury and turn things around.

Pat Vegas
02-17-2017, 11:01 AM
That means He'd definitely be staying though. It's difficult.

I think the Wenger actually said
I will manage next season, at Arsenal or Simoene else.

Sir C
:nod: Naturally. He's been wearing them so long now they'd have to be surgically removed.

At least he's started throwing an iron over our shirts.

Honestly. The day we ran out for the second half wearing shirts that showed the creases from where they'd been folded, I thought I was going to pass out.

SWv2
I think the Wenger actually said
I will manage next season, at Arsenal or Simoene else.

Without wishing to go all Monty on the issue here it is still conceivable that he could win the FA Cup and secure our annual 7 game European challenge at which point he can readily stand back and point to this as having achieved what many would say is a realistic target for the year.

The embarrassment and shame of recent performances, Watford and the second 45 in both Munich and Chelsea will be distant memories.

The poor *******s managing the club PR will have a difficult time as they deal with supporter unrest amid season ticket price increases but they will style it out with their usual level of incompetence and disregard.

Meanwhile two of Klopp/Pochetinno/Guardiola/Mourinho will not have achieved CL football, unless United win the Europa League, and we will start again next August.

Peter
02-17-2017, 11:02 AM

There are other factors that concern me. Lets assume he signs for two more years and also assume that achieving the current level of success would be considered as failure for him (though not necessarily for a new manager).

Given the current squad, the likelihood of both Sanchez and Ozil going and Wenger's long term reluctance to change too much in the squad in one window, how likely is it that he could challenge for the title or the Champions League in the next two years?

I would say it would be close to zero, which means he is almost certain to see the same level of criticism for two more years.

It feels like the right time to go. I cant stand watching him take this **** from everyone but I also cant stand watching this team. I watch about one game in five and rarely make it to the end.

Pat Vegas
02-17-2017, 11:03 AM
Without wishing to go all Monty on the issue here it is still conceivable that he could win the FA Cup and secure our annual 7 game European challenge at which point he can readily stand back and point to this as having achieved what many would say is a realistic target for the year.

The embarrassment and shame of recent performances, Watford and the second 45 in both Munich and Chelsea will be distant memories.

The poor *******s managing the club PR will have a difficult time as they deal with supporter unrest amid season ticket price increases but they will style it out with their usual level of incompetence and disregard.

Meanwhile two of Klopp/Pochetinno/Guardiola/Mourinho will not have achieved CL football, unless United win the Europa League, and we will start again next August.

I think he'll stay now. I was a bit upset after Wednesdays display. it will soon be forgotten.

Burney
02-17-2017, 11:09 AM
At least he's started throwing an iron over our shirts.

Honestly. The day we ran out for the second half wearing shirts that showed the creases from where they'd been folded, I thought I was going to pass out.

What does a kit man even do these days? I assume they just have new kit every game, so it's not like the old days when he had to get boots cleaned and jockstraps laundered, is it? He basically just puts out stuff that's been delivered by the various suppliers

Sir C
02-17-2017, 11:11 AM
What does a kit man even do these days? I assume they just have new kit every game, so it's not like the old days when he had to get boots cleaned and jockstraps laundered, is it? He basically just puts out stuff that's been delivered by the various suppliers

I suspect he's mainly there to be another 'proper football man' around the place. He's a respected coach in his own right, I believe. It's just that someone has to be responsible for having kit available.

SWv2
02-17-2017, 11:13 AM
I suspect he's mainly there to be another 'proper football man' around the place. He's a respected coach in his own right, I believe. It's just that someone has to be responsible for having kit available.

He coaches the chicks team mate.

That is not respected by anybody and I suspect the shorts are somehow linked to this other job.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 11:14 AM
I think he'll stay now. I was a bit upset after Wednesdays display. it will soon be forgotten.

I thought the Watford and Chelsea games were more serious, but the Bayern match would have hit Him harder.

Oddly enough.

Sir C
02-17-2017, 11:15 AM

That is not respected by anybody and I suspect the shorts are somehow linked to this other job.

Well there you are. He's a full time professional coach :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2017, 11:16 AM

:nod: They are like centre forwards - obsolete in the modern game but people have fond memories of them so you keep one around. Some people even swear by them

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2017, 11:16 AM

Except he stepped down in 2009 - I guess the news hasn't reached the Emerald Isle yet

Sir C
02-17-2017, 11:18 AM
Except he stepped down in 2009 - I guess the news hasn't reached the Emerald Isle yet

Right. But he must have been qualified to be a professional coach, surely?

My point is, he knows a thing or two about the game and clearly isn't just there to take the shirts out of their packets.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 11:19 AM
:nod: They are like centre forwards - obsolete in the modern game but people have fond memories of them so you keep one around. Some people even swear by them

Your mum is obsolete in the modern game.

Sir C
02-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Your mum is obsolete in the modern game.

Your obselete mum is on the game.

SWv2
02-17-2017, 11:20 AM

So are many people such as Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce while previously people such as Phil Neal were employed in professional positions yet to a man the Arsenal football snobberati would queue up to poke fun at them and indeed cast aspersions on their abilities and ideals.

Respect should not be awarded simply on position or title. Not in sport or in any aspect of life.

SWv2
02-17-2017, 11:21 AM

You follow the Ladies team?

:sherlock:

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Right. But he must have been qualified to be a professional coach, surely?

My point is, he knows a thing or two about the game and clearly isn't just there to take the shirts out of their packets.

In fairness, it's a crucial role at this club. 1927 and a' that :-(

Sir C
02-17-2017, 11:23 AM
So are many people such as Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce while previously people such as Phil Neal were employed in professional positions yet to a man the Arsenal football snobberati would queue up to poke fun at them and indeed cast aspersions on their abilities and ideals.

Respect should not be awarded simply on position or title. Not in sport or in any aspect of life.

What on earth are you gibbering about? You're railing against some mythical 'snobberati' in a conversation about Vic Akers? Are you just trying to demonstrate how superior you are to this group you have invented in your head?

You're still píssed, aren't you? :-(

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Your obselete mum is on the game.

Your mum is too obese for the game.

Sir C
02-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Your mum is too obese for the game.

I'm going to be honest with you, r. At this point I very much doubt there's much in the way of fat left. :-(

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2017, 11:26 AM
You follow the Ladies team?

:sherlock:

No - he moved full time to men's team in 2009. You must have followed them at some point to know that he was manager

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 11:29 AM
I'm going to be honest with you, r. At this point I very much doubt there's much in the way of fat left. :-(

Terribly sorry to hear that.

Sir C
02-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Terribly sorry to hear that.

It comes to us all, r. Even, God forbid, to Him, one day. :-(

Burney
02-17-2017, 11:31 AM

What? In a sort of Jimmy Savile/'How's about that then?' sort of way, you mean? :-(

SWv2
02-17-2017, 11:33 AM
What on earth are you gibbering about? You're railing against some mythical 'snobberati' in a conversation about Vic Akers? Are you just trying to demonstrate how superior you are to this group you have invented in your head?

You're still píssed, aren't you? :-(

Actually no.

At 11:15am you simply replied to me that he was a professional football coach in some way implying that alone meant he was deserving of respect. I challenged this suggesting that a title alone counts for **** all.

Trust me, I normally speak with 1-2 professional UEFA badged coaches on a weekly basis and it is not unknown to come away wondering what on earth they really know about football beyond their obvious and undoubted ability to set out cones in a set formation, to distribute bibs in a 50-50 equal split and to run sessions at certain times.

SWv2
02-17-2017, 11:34 AM
No - he moved full time to men's team in 2009. You must have followed them at some point to know that he was manager

You told me, in the pub. I told you to be quiet, to stop such obvious diversion tactics and to get your round in. Your phone mysteriously went off, even though it must have been on silent, then you disappeared.

Sir C
02-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Actually no.

At 11:15am you simply replied to me that he was a professional football coach in some way implying that alone meant he was deserving of respect. I challenged this suggesting that a title alone counts for **** all.

Trust me, I normally speak with 1-2 professional UEFA badged coaches on a weekly basis and it is not unknown to come away wondering what on earth they really know about football beyond their obvious and undoubted ability to set out cones in a set formation, to distribute bibs in a 50-50 equal split and to run sessions at certain times.

A professional coach earning his living at The Arsenal Football Club might conceivably be rather more informed than chaps coaching kid's teams, to be fair.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about respect, I was simply suggesting that as a coach with a lifetime of experience in the game, he is porbably a useful chap to have around the place.

God knows where you got Pulis and Phil Neal from.

Burney
02-17-2017, 11:39 AM
A professional coach earning his living at The Arsenal Football Club might conceivably be rather more informed than chaps coaching kid's teams, to be fair.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about respect, I was simply suggesting that as a coach with a lifetime of experience in the game, he is porbably a useful chap to have around the place.

'Porbably' has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? I think we should make it a word.

SWv2
02-17-2017, 11:42 AM

Pulis and Neal are simply examples of people with a lifetime of experience in the game but are more or less totally void of any respect, simply figures of ridicule and fun.

You have a very old fashioned sense of respect which is fair enough. You seem to respect position, I don't share this view.

I imagine you are the type of person who would refer to a retired Army or Military person by their previous job title.

:hehe:

Sir C
02-17-2017, 11:45 AM
Pulis and Neal are simply examples of people with a lifetime of experience in the game but are more or less totally void of any respect, simply figures of ridicule and fun.

You have a very old fashioned sense of respect which is fair enough. You seem to respect position, I don't share this view.

I imagine you are the type of person who would refer to a retired Army or Military person by their previous job title.

Oh, I don't blame you, I appreciate that you have grown up in a culture in which respect, including self-respect, is an unknown concept.

Here in England we grow up with a natural sense of decency, that's all.

SWv2
02-17-2017, 11:49 AM
Oh, I don't blame you, I appreciate that you have grown up in a culture in which respect, including self-respect, is an unknown concept.

Here in England we grow up with a natural sense of decency, that's all.

There you go - personal insult, attempted bullying.

True to form.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 11:50 AM

What about Lord Harris of Peckham Rye, surely you respect *him*?

How about Sir Chippendale of Keswick?

SWv2
02-17-2017, 11:59 AM
How about Sir Chippendale of Keswick?

I respect any man who can make a shedload of money from stripping his clothes off for gagging housewives.