PDA

View Full Version : So what do we think of the story of the 'dressing room' bust up.

Pat Vegas
02-17-2017, 09:00 AM
with Steve Bould throwing a bottle of water at the wall.
And players blaming each other.

It's a shame and not surprising. Though when the Sun is the source :sherlock:

though if they could put a bit of that aggression on the pitch it would have been nice.

Sir C
02-17-2017, 09:32 AM

though if they could put a bit of that aggression on the pitch it would have been nice.

Arsene's just denied anything happened.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 09:42 AM

So it *is* true then :-(

Tony C
02-17-2017, 09:44 AM
I remember on the old board years ago I held a discussion on who would win if things got out of hand in the car park.

I believe the AWIMB verdict was Oleg Luzhny...something about Eastern Europeans being hardy folk, his thinker neck and that awesome elbow he dropped on that Schalke player to get red carded and 4 match ban.

not sure who wins it now out of our current group of p ussies.

Maybe Elneny...pretty sure he would lay waste to the likes of Ramsey, Ozil, Gabriel, Gibbs etc etc before teeing off vs Mustafi.

I think Xhaka is all talk and a flat track bully.

Word on the street is that Lucas has an excellent ground game so he might surprise a few if he gets a chance.

Sir C
02-17-2017, 09:45 AM
I remember on the old board years ago I held a discussion on who would win if things got out of hand in the car park.

I believe the AWIMB verdict was Oleg Luzhny...something about Eastern Europeans being hardy folk, his thinker neck and that awesome elbow he dropped on that Schalke player to get red carded and 4 match ban.

not sure who wins it now out of our current group of p ussies.

Maybe Elneny...pretty sure he would lay waste to the likes of Ramsey, Ozil, Gabriel, Gibbs etc etc before teeing off vs Mustafi.

I think Xhaka is all talk and a flat track bully.

Word on the street is that Lucas has an excellent ground game so he might surprise a few if he gets a chance.

Gabriel. They're all scared of him in training, apparently. He's a bit psycho.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 09:56 AM

I doubt Bouldie's like that anymore, in any case.

Pat Vegas
02-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Gabriel. They're all scared of him in training, apparently. He's a bit psycho.

You see I like him. He tries his best.

Peter
02-17-2017, 10:05 AM
So it *is* true then :-(

Indeed. Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Pat Vegas
02-17-2017, 10:05 AM
I doubt Bouldie's like that anymore, in any case.

He's definitely changed. almost looks like the village idiot on the bench sometimes.

Speaking of change. Who'd have thought Keown would be so stylish and well spoken and impartial pundits around. Doesn't seem like the same man who liked clumping Ruud.

Peter
02-17-2017, 10:07 AM

To be honest, you would hope there was a row. I would be more worried if there wasn't.

The Sun are probably making it up on the assumption that it must have happened even if nobody knows it.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 10:08 AM
He's definitely changed. almost looks like the village idiot on the bench sometimes.

Speaking of change. Who'd have thought Keown would be so stylish and well spoken and impartial pundits around. Doesn't seem like the same man who liked clumping Ruud.

Oxfordshire man, you see. They make 'em honest, strong and perspicacious in those parts.

Peter
02-17-2017, 10:08 AM

I think he laid into them at half time against Watford. The fact that they bothered running around for the first 15 minutes of the second half suggests something was said.

SWv2
02-17-2017, 10:10 AM
To be honest, you would hope there was a row. I would be more worried if there wasn't.

The Sun are probably making it up on the assumption that it must have happened even if nobody knows it.

More likely to be sad face selfies than an actual row.

Bunch of pooves to a man.

IUFG
02-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Was it Tony Adams who said you need at least 7 in your team who are prepared to fight the opposition in the tunnel if needs be?

Apart from Xhaka and Gabriel within the current crop of pansies, I can't think of who would make up the other 5.

Peter
02-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Was it Tony Adams who said you need at least 7 in your team who are prepared to fight the opposition in the tunnel if needs be?

Apart from Xhaka and Gabriel within the current crop of pansies, I can't think of who would make up the other 5.

Sanchez? He doesn't like losing.

Theo seems to think he is quite hard this season although he would be of very little use.

At a stretch, Coquelin.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 10:15 AM

Right. The last thing we need is unfounded, arrogant press speculation. Especially if it happens to be accurate.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 10:16 AM

He was talking about English football though, not the sort of thing we get nowadays.

Pat Vegas
02-17-2017, 10:16 AM
Right. The last thing we need is unfounded, arrogant press speculation. Especially if it happens to be accurate.

Sanchez wearing all black and jets off. :sherlock:
Black indicates a period of mourning. RIP Arsenal Career, Flying off = errrrrr leaving.

SWv2
02-17-2017, 10:17 AM

Gabriel is a ****. Sort of lad who stands at the back and calls you names but is away on his toes when it starts.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Sanchez wearing all black and jets off. :sherlock:
Black indicates a period of mourning. RIP Arsenal Career, Flying off = errrrrr leaving.

To Italy, wasn't it? Benvenuto alla Juve, Alex.

IUFG
02-17-2017, 10:19 AM
Gabriel is a ****. Sort of lad who stands at the back and calls you names but is away on his toes when it starts.

I was coming from the angle that he has nothing to worry about if he gets his head kicked in, face wise, iykwim.

Peter

True. In their defence even if they don't know that it definitely happened they have no way of knowing that it definitely didn't.

Therefore it is effectively 'true', as you say.

redgunamo

Young Frank would be more that sort, I'd say.

Peter
02-17-2017, 10:20 AM

I don't think he is clever enough for that.

SWv2
02-17-2017, 10:20 AM
Sanchez? He doesn't like losing.

Theo seems to think he is quite hard this season although he would be of very little use.

At a stretch, Coquelin.

You clearly know as much about fighting as you do about music, goalkeeping and how to retain a shred of dignity while driving a car.

On the moment of the fight kicking off Sanchez would be in the near distance having a childish strop and throwing his arms in the air while Coquelin would in general be milling around doing the square root of fúck all.

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2017, 10:22 AM
True. In their defence even if they don't know that it definitely happened they have no way of knowing that it definitely didn't.

Therefore it is effectively 'true', as you say.

Schrödinger's dressing-room :sherlock:

Rich
02-17-2017, 10:25 AM
You see I like him. He tries his best.

Gabriel would be dangerous in a fight. You can see in his eyes that he's not all there. What that means is that he doesn't see the consequences of stamping on someone's throat when they're on the floor, for example. He'd have no qualms over squeezing Mertesaker's throat until he stopped moving.

But yes, I like him as a player too. Sure, he's an especially good defender but as you say, he always tries his best. A bit like Jenkinson. It's not his fault that he's not very good.

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Gabriel would be dangerous in a fight. You can see in his eyes that he's not all there. What that means is that he doesn't see the consequences of stamping on someone's throat when they're on the floor, for example. He'd have no qualms over squeezing Mertesaker's throat until he stopped moving.

But yes, I like him as a player too. Sure, he's an especially good defender but as you say, he always tries his best. A bit like Jenkinson. It's not his fault that he's not very good.

If Pallister (wd, A) had that sort of thing in his locker, we'd be top of the Premier League. FACT.

Peter
02-17-2017, 10:41 AM
You clearly know as much about fighting as you do about music, goalkeeping and how to retain a shred of dignity while driving a car.

On the moment of the fight kicking off Sanchez would be in the near distance having a childish strop and throwing his arms in the air while Coquelin would in general be milling around doing the square root of fúck all.

Beneath the affable façade you are a deeply offensive and cantankerous individual aren't you.

However, you are correct, I know nothing about fighting. I am a gentleman.

Rich
02-17-2017, 10:44 AM

So who *would* be in the midst of it all, windmilling at anyone within an arm's reach? Kos? Iwobi (he looks like a street fighter)?

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2017, 10:46 AM
So who *would* be in the midst of it all, windmilling at anyone within an arm's reach? Kos? Iwobi (he looks like a street fighter)?

Ospina - comes from one of the toughest barrios of Medellín. Will know a thing or two about looking after himself. The playing dead any time anyone comes near him in the box is just an act

Peter
02-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Ospina - comes from one of the toughest barrios of Medellín. Will know a thing or two about looking after himself. The playing dead any time anyone comes near him in the box is just an act

Have you seen him trying to punch??

SWv2
02-17-2017, 10:48 AM

None, not one.

We have plenty who would run away, some very fast, with very straight backs, maybe to make a coffee.

Others who may sidle in and snidely puck somebody on the back of the head and then retreat, think Mourinho on the dead lad.

Luis Anaconda
02-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Have you seen him trying to punch??

yep - does it beautifully here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwsELgafHDI

redgunamo
02-17-2017, 11:02 AM

:nod: He hit him so hard he ended up in China.

Pat Vegas
02-17-2017, 11:07 AM
None, not one.

We have plenty who would run away, some very fast, with very straight backs, maybe to make a coffee.

Others who may sidle in and snidely puck somebody on the back of the head and then retreat, think Mourinho on the dead lad.

I am surprised that more footballers don't pretend to be 'hard' as nobody every actually fights really.
bit pushing and shoving or squaring up face to face.

Peter
02-17-2017, 11:07 AM

Its a bitchy slap. My cat punches harder than that.

Bellerin could easily head that into his own net. Would have made a great own goal :)

Yesterday Once More
02-17-2017, 01:07 PM

The man is in a permanent state of denial

Sir C
02-17-2017, 01:14 PM
The man is in a permanent state of denial

I just asked him about this. He says, "Oh no I'm not."

Just Trent
02-17-2017, 02:19 PM

PM Mickey Pearce imo. He saw the whole thing, and claims to have video footage.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-17-2017, 03:44 PM

I seem to recall that, when we lost in a 3rd round FA cup replay back in 1996, there was massive bust up in the dressing room and alleged punches being thrown. No idea if that was true or not but that was supposedly the beginning of the end for Rioch. After that the board (i.e. David Dein), who wanted Wenger to replace GG anyway, went back and pushed a lot harder for Wenger.