PDA

View Full Version : So The Guardian et al are outraged because 40% of people tasered in London are black

Burney
02-16-2017, 02:14 PM
but black people make up only 15% of London's population.

However, given that 54 per cent of those accused of street crimes were black; 59 percent of those accused of robbery and 67% of those accused of gun crimes, it seems to me that 40% is actually a pretty low figure.

So in fact, the story here should be: "Police not tasering enough black people in London' :rubchin:

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 02:22 PM

However, given that 54 per cent of those accused of street crimes were black; 59 percent of those accused of robbery and 67% of those accused of gun crimes, it seems to me that 40% is actually a pretty low figure.

So in fact, the story here should be: "Police not tasering enough black people in London' :rubchin:

Think this is my favourite story from the Grauniad today though
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/feb/16/canadian-professor-discovers-what-could-be-only-footage-of-marcel-proust

Front-page stuff

redgunamo
02-16-2017, 02:32 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/feb/16/canadian-professor-discovers-what-could-be-only-footage-of-marcel-proust

Front-page stuff

I read the one about crossing. Rubbish.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 02:35 PM
I read the one about crossing. Rubbish.

:hehe: Yes I read that too - Professors getting involved in football, r. Whatever next?

Burney
02-16-2017, 02:37 PM

Front-page stuff

:hehe: But - as the footage makes clear - absolutely everyone looked like Marcel Proust back then, so it could be any of them.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 02:53 PM

Do cops have to actually shout “Taser” when doing the deed or is that merely a TV thing?

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Do cops have to actually shout “Taser” when doing the deed or is that merely a TV thing?

:nod: it's part of a sponsorship deal.

but if it's on BBC news they have to say 'TASER TASER other conducted electrical weapons are available'

redgunamo
02-16-2017, 02:57 PM

No idea, I'm one of the 60%.

Burney
02-16-2017, 02:57 PM

I think they do. They seem to shout it while it's being deployed - presumably so that their colleagues know the scrote on the ground has a fûckton of Voltage going through them and that it's probably best to steer clear until they stop twitching.

Burney
02-16-2017, 02:58 PM

...so far, anyway. :-)

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 02:58 PM
I think they do. They seem to shout it while it's being deployed - presumably so that their colleagues know the scrote on the ground has a fûckton of Voltage going through them and that it's probably best to steer clear until they stop twitching.

What if it's a terrorist using a taser what does he shout?

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:00 PM
What if it's a terrorist using a taser what does he shout?

Allahu Akbar, I imagine.

Which I believe is Islamic for 'How's about that, then?'

redgunamo
02-16-2017, 03:01 PM

I like policemen but they are simply not interested in me, never have been. I often feel I ought to complain to someone about it.

My hounds bring down more heat than I do :-(

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 03:02 PM
Allahu Akbar, I imagine.

Which I believe is Islamic for 'How's about that, then?'
:hehe: :hehe:

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:03 PM
I like policemen but they are simply not interested in me, never have been. I often feel I ought to complain to someone about it.

Well they're Arabs, aren't they? Stands to reason. You have terrorist hounds.

redgunamo
02-16-2017, 03:06 PM
Well they're Arabs, aren't they? Stands to reason. You have terrorist hounds.

That is actually a thing, not so much with mine but certainly amongst the Afghan Hound fancy,; they get all kinds of grief.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 03:07 PM

Sounds plausible I suppose.

I thought it might be like the Lego Batman movie where the characters made gun type noises when shooting because clearly they were not using real guns.

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:09 PM
That is actually a thing, not so much with mine but certainly amongst the Afghan Hound fancy,; they get all kinds of grief.

What do they think they're going to do? Grow a beard, bark 'Death to the West' and detonate themselves on Oxford St?

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:10 PM

I note the repeated use of the word 'accused' there. I think you know where I am going with this.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 03:11 PM

I have a friend here who is in the police force - seems to be drunk most of the time

SWv2
02-16-2017, 03:15 PM
I have a friend here who is in the police force - seems to be drunk most of the time

Friends yet so little in common.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 03:15 PM
I note the repeated use of the word 'accused' there. I think you know where I am going with this.

Some hugely boring Springsteen reference would by my guess.

redgunamo
02-16-2017, 03:18 PM
What do they think they're going to do? Grow a beard, bark 'Death to the West' and detonate themselves on Oxford St?

Haha, no. They already have a beard. Further, extensive google searching rural South-Central Asian locations hunting down Country-of-Origin specimens tends to excite interest in a certain sort, in this climate. I understand it was even worse just before we actually invaded the place.

Terrific hounds though, all the same. A damn nuisance to keep.

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:22 PM

Ah, you are thinking of that verse in My Hometown. Or possibly American Skin?

No, I wasn't going with that. Probably more of a Hattie Carroll reference.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:22 PM

Well the city supplied a public defender
But the judge was mean John Brown
He came into the courthouse
And stared poor Johnny down
Said, "The evidence is clear
Gonna let the sentence son fit the crime
Prison for 98 and a year
We'll call it even Johnny 99"

A sad tale, I think you'll agree.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 03:23 PM
Prison for 98 and a year

What crime did Johnny commit?

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Prison for 98 and a year

Mmmm 99

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:25 PM
Prison for 98 and a year

Not really about race though is it. More yer disenfranchised white working class Trump voter kind of deal. Not that I would accuse Ralph of that kind of thing.

redgunamo

We'll think up something later. The important thing is he's guilty.

Sir C

He came home too drunk
From mixing Tanqueray and wine
Got a gun
Killed a night clerk
Now they call him Johnny 99.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:26 PM
Not really about race though is it. More yer disenfranchised white working class Trump voter kind of deal. Not that I would accuse Ralph of that kind of thing.

Why are you assuming that Ralph was white?

Bit racist :sniff:

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:27 PM

I can guess. You're saying that accusation isn't guilt and that this might just show that the Met is racist, etc, etc. However, officers are required to provide evidence before they charge anyone with a crime and, since that involves things like witness statements, etc, this will often mean the suspect is independently identified as black. Equally, there is no getting way from the fact that in 54% of street crimes/59% of robbery/67% of gun crimes where police catch their suspect, that suspect is black. I suspect the conviction rates would be similar.
Equally, since the conviction rate for violent offences is around 80% (much higher if you remove rape from the equation), it's fair to say that being charged and arraigned is a reasonable general indicator of guilt.

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:27 PM
He came home too drunk
Got a gun
Killed a night clerk

To be fair, he did have debts no honest man could pay. Now I aint saying that makes him an innocent man.

I am saying that Johnny gets a fair old airing live. Would it kill him to do My Father's House, just once??

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:28 PM
I can guess. You're saying that accusation isn't guilt and that this might just show that the Met is racist, etc, etc. However, officers are required to provide evidence before they charge anyone with a crime and, since that involves things like witness statements, etc, this will often mean the suspect is independently identified as black. Equally, there is no getting way from the fact that in 54% of street crimes/59% of robbery/67% of gun crimes where police catch their suspect, that suspect is black. I suspect the conviction rates would be similar.
Equally, since the conviction rate for violent offences is around 80% (much higher if you remove rape from the equation), it's fair to say that being charged and arraigned is a reasonable general indicator of guilt.

But rich white men made them do them fings. Because, I dunno, slavery?

SWv2
He came home too drunk
Got a gun
Killed a night clerk

Too drunk for what?

And 99 years for murder, I hardly think this likely.

Burney
He came home too drunk
Got a gun
Killed a night clerk

Tanqueray and wine has always bothered me. Were they in the same glass? :yikes:

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:30 PM
To be fair, he did have debts no honest man could pay. Now I aint saying that makes him an innocent man.

I am saying that Johnny gets a fair old airing live. Would it kill him to do My Father's House, just once??

Does he still do Nebraska? I like that won.

Peter

You'd be a bundle of joy on a jury wouldn't you. Charges are a reasonable indicator of guilt? Are they are reasonable indicator of the need to TASER?

Of these 40% that were TASERED, how many were charged/found guilty?

Sir C
Too drunk for what?

Ralph was certainly shocked at the severity of the sentence. And he said so.

Well your honour I do believe I'd be better off dead
So if you can take a man's life for the thoughts that's in his head
Then sit back in that chair and think it over judge one more time
And let 'em shave off my hair and put me on that killin' line

Burney
Too drunk for what?

I imagine much of that sentence was for mixing gin and wine in the same glass. :-( I'd hang a man for that.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Ralph was certainly shocked at the severity of the sentence. And he said so.

Well your honour I do believe I'd be better off dead
So if you can take a man's life for the thoughts that's in his head
Then sit back in that chair and think it over judge one more time
And let 'em shave off my hair and put me on that killin' line

Who the fúck was Ralph, Johnny's partner?

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Tanqueray and wine has always bothered me. Were they in the same glass? :yikes:

:nod: That's a blue collar cocktail for Bruce.

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:32 PM

I have never seen him do it. Very, very rare. However, pretty much every night he will spontaneously grab some ugly little kid out of the crowd to join him for the chorus to Waiting on a Sunny Day, a song so dull and generic it could be played at a wedding.

Thankfully, and not by accident, I am usually so pissed by this point that it barely registers.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:33 PM

No, Ralph is what Johnny was called before he got the 99 years.

Do keep up. It's not complicated.

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:34 PM

Ralph is the guy's name. Johnny 99 is the nickname derived from his sentence.

Ralph 99 doesn't have the same ring to it I suppose.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 03:35 PM

Fat Sam's wine in a pint glass sort of thing?

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:35 PM
I have never seen him do it. Very, very rare. However, pretty much every night he will spontaneously grab some ugly little kid out of the crowd to join him for the chorus to Waiting on a Sunny Day, a song so dull and generic it could be played at a wedding.

Thankfully, and not by accident, I am usually so pissed by this point that it barely registers.

You are a heathen and a philistine, sir.

Never seen a live Nebraska :hehe: :wetbehindtheears:

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:36 PM
You'd be a bundle of joy on a jury wouldn't you. Charges are a reasonable indicator of guilt? Are they are reasonable indicator of the need to TASER?

Statistically, it's true. The CPS generally don't bring cases without a strong chance of conviction (unless you're a celeb accused of nonceing in which case it's open season thanks to that arse Keir Starmer).

I'm guessing that coppers would rather not taser people if they don't have to (paperwork, tedious enquiries, the possibility the cünt will croak, etc), so I would argue they're unlikely to use them unless they feel reasonably threatened or the suspect is physically resisting arrest, being aggressive or obstreperous. Thus, in a sense. the use of a taser to me indicates that there's a pretty good chance the suspect already has or is about to commit a crime.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:36 PM
Fat Sam's wine in a pint glass sort of thing?

Yes.

I'm hoping this is the only thing Bruce has in common with Fat Sam.

Norn Iron
02-16-2017, 03:37 PM
I was in Victoria Station last week and saw armed police. Do they hang out at all the tube stations? Or just the main ones?

redgunamo
02-16-2017, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=Sir C;4146812]Well the city supplied a public defender

Unlike us who have provided one or two defenders to City.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:38 PM

I've got jury duty coming up in a few months.

As far as I'm concerned, if they've nicked him, he's guilty of something. Next!

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:39 PM

I suppose strictly speaking, a Martini is gin and wine, isn't it?

Doesn't have quite the same working class antihero vibe if we realise Ralph had spent the day getting mashed on ice-cold Martinis, though, does it? Picturing him head down on the bar, surrounded by discarded cocktail sticks and olive stones. :hehe:

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:40 PM
I was in Victoria Station last week and saw armed police. Do they hang out at all the tube stations? Or just the main ones?

Did it make you feel at home? :hehe:

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:41 PM

They're all over the fúcking place these days. I saw a pair in Bluewater recently. If some Noddy starts loosing off a fúcking Heckler & Koch in a shopping centre it's going to be carnage :-(

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:42 PM

:nod: It's going to be an excellent chance for you to wield the sledgehammer of eternal justice against the evil forces of progressive liberalism imo. Once you've convicted one, do they let you do a few more if you've got time?

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:43 PM
You are a heathen and a philistine, sir.

Never seen a live Nebraska :hehe: :wetbehindtheears:

When was the last time he played it in the UK? Too busy covering ****ing Lulu every ****ing night!!!

Sir C
I suppose strictly speaking, a Martini is gin and wine, isn't it?

Doesn't have quite the same working class antihero vibe if we realise Ralph had spent the day getting mashed on ice-cold Martinis, though, does it? Picturing him head down on the bar, surrounded by discarded cocktail sticks and olive stones. :hehe:

That ol' night clerk ended up shaken AND stirred, by all accounts. :hehe:

Burney
They're all over the fúcking place these days. I saw a pair in Bluewater recently. If some Noddy starts loosing off a fúcking Heckler & Koch in a shopping centre it's going to be carnage :-(

Mind you, there have been times in Bluewater around Christmas when if I'd had an automatic weapon I couldn't have been held responsible for my actions.

redgunamo

Good call. I like Atlantic City.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:44 PM
:nod: It's going to be an excellent chance for you to wield the sledgehammer of eternal justice against the evil forces of progressive liberalism imo. Once you've convicted one, do they let you do a few more if you've got time?

I sincerely hope so. I've printed myself up a little scorecard to tick them off. I'm looking for a full set of thuggery, búggery, rape and incest.

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:44 PM
When was the last time he played it in the UK? Too busy covering ****ing Lulu every ****ing night!!!

When you say 'covering Lulu', do you mean 'covering' her in the racehorse sense? :rubchin:

That would be quite an unusual rider he's got if so.

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:45 PM

I am sort of the opposite. I want to see actual, verifiable evidence of the crime or its not guilty. Insinuation, character assassination or one word against another is not good enough.

Turn him loose your Honour, not guilty.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:45 PM

It's an Isley Brothers song, you ignoramus.

Norn Iron
02-16-2017, 03:46 PM
Did it make you feel at home? :hehe:

It's all fields and sheep up my way :)

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:47 PM
I am sort of the opposite. I want to see actual, verifiable evidence of the crime or its not guilty. Insinuation, character assassination or one word against another is not good enough.

Better 10 innocent men hang than one guilty go free is my motto.

Did I tell you I'm applying to be a magistrate as well?

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:48 PM
I sincerely hope so. I've printed myself up a little scorecard to tick them off. I'm looking for a full set of thuggery, búggery, rape and incest.

Where are the assizes? Is it Croydon? It's not Lewisham, is it? :-(

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:49 PM
Where are the assizes? Is it Croydon? It's not Lewisham, is it? :-(

Croydon. I'm anticipating a target rich environment.

Burney

Yes, this is why the place has gone to hell, p. People like you who think being nice is the same as being a good citizen.

Peter
It's an Isley Brothers song, you ignoramus.

Its a ****ing travesty regardless. If you avoid that you end up with Twist and Shout. You cant win..... what a ****.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Its a ****ing travesty regardless. If you avoid that you end up with Twist and Shout. You cant win..... what a ****.

You don't deserve Bruce. You don't deserve a world with Bruce in it.

You deserve Paul Weller.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=Sir C;4146812]Well the city supplied a public defender

Unlike us who have provided one or two defenders to City.

That's rather good, r.

redgunamo
02-16-2017, 03:52 PM

You deserve Paul Weller.

I say, that's a bit strong, isn't it?

Burney
Croydon. I'm anticipating a target rich environment.

Oh, good Lord. :hehe: You're almost sure to get a violent crime, then. Nice. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the guilt...errr, accused will be from either New Addington or Thornton Heath.

Peter
Yes, this is why the place has gone to hell, p. People like you who think being nice is the same as being a good citizen.

Nothing to do with being nice or a good citizen. Merely respect for the legal process, burden of proof an all that.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:53 PM
Oh, good Lord. :hehe: You're almost sure to get a violent crime, then. Nice. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the guilt...errr, accused will be from either New Addington or Thornton Heath.

Of course he might have a kind face. In which case he's free and clear, obviously.

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:55 PM

You deserve Paul Weller.

I know. Its only the real hardcore fans that would rather hear him do a Beatles cover than his own material.

A 40 year catalogue and he is leaping around doing Detroit Medley and Boom Boom.....I just don't get it.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:55 PM
I say, that's a bit strong, isn't it?

I apologise. Feelings are running high. I withdraw my previous comments.

But if the **** disses the Boss again I will stab him.

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Nothing to do with being nice or a good citizen. Merely respect for the legal process, burden of proof an all that.

Yes. That's always the excuse. I would take the view that my taxes have already paid for this person to be investigated, charged and tried, so finding them not guilty would essentially amount to me wasting all my money that's already been spent. I can't stand that sort of waste, so I think the only sane thing to do is send them down.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:56 PM
I know. Its only the real hardcore fans that would rather hear him do a Beatles cover than his own material.

A 40 year catalogue and he is leaping around doing Detroit Medley and Boom Boom.....I just don't get it.

Apparently not.

Burney
02-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Of course he might have a kind face. In which case he's free and clear, obviously.

He won't. I can assure you he won't. I suppose you'll be incommunicado while you're doing all that, won't you? Not going to give AWIMB a live update?

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:57 PM
I apologise. Feelings are running high. I withdraw my previous comments.

But if the **** disses the Boss again I will stab him.

I apologise for being so in love with his songs that I actually want to hear him play them.

Apart from Spirit in the Night- he can shove that up his arse.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 03:58 PM
He won't. I can assure you he won't. I suppose you'll be incommunicado while you're doing all that, won't you? Not going to give AWIMB a live update?

I assume they allow one an iPad, and so on? What if it's a boring case? I'm not listening to a load of boring shít.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 03:59 PM
I apologise for being so in love with his songs that I actually want to hear him play them.

Apart from Spirit in the Night- he can shove that up his arse.

3+ hours all the same.

Fúck that.

Peter
02-16-2017, 03:59 PM
Yes. That's always the excuse. I would take the view that my taxes have already paid for this person to be investigated, charged and tried, so finding them not guilty would essentially amount to me wasting all my money that's already been spent. I can't stand that sort of waste, so I think the only sane thing to do is send them down.

A custodial sentence is going to cost you a damn sight more. Its throwing good money after bad, b.

Anyway, the ****er is only going to start doing it again when he gets out.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 04:00 PM
I assume they allow one an iPad, and so on? What if it's a boring case? I'm not listening to a load of boring shít.

Why not simply request to be removed from the duties, make up an excuse/reason.

Peter
02-16-2017, 04:00 PM
3+ hours all the same.

Fúck that.

The Dublin gig wasn't bad. Nice night out in Swords afterwards. Rough as arseholes....

Sir C
02-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Why not simply request to be removed from the duties, make up an excuse/reason.

I have. You're allowed to delay it by 12 months. Done that. Now they say I have no choice. Fascist bástards.

Some fúcker is going to pay. With a lengthy jail sentence.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 04:02 PM
A custodial sentence is going to cost you a damn sight more. Its throwing good money after bad, b.

I quite agree, you're right, we should hang the fúckers.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 04:03 PM
I have. You're allowed to delay it by 12 months. Done that. Now they say I have no choice. Fascist bástards.

Some fúcker is going to pay. With a lengthy jail sentence.

I got called up here, told them I might have to go to Wales that week but I had no actual proof of this.

They very kindly replied and said grand, sorry for bothering you. I suspect had I turned up I too would have found the people guilty but thankfully for them I was excused.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 04:04 PM
The Dublin gig wasn't bad. Nice night out in Swords afterwards. Rough as arseholes....

In all my life before now I have never known or heard of a person having a night out in Swords.

Burney
02-16-2017, 04:04 PM

Oh I don't mind my taxes being spent on making ghastly types suffer, p. It's spending them on making them happier I can't abide.

Mind you, we could avoid all this by just returning to the good old days. No defence barristers, hanging for everything and no case takes longer than half an hour. :cloud9:

Peter
02-16-2017, 04:05 PM
I quite agree, you're right, we should hang the fúckers.

Midnight in prison storeroom, leather straps across my chest.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 04:06 PM
I got called up here, told them I might have to go to Wales that week but I had no actual proof of this.

They very kindly replied and said grand, sorry for bothering you. I suspect had I turned up I too would have found the people guilty but thankfully for them I was excused.

It's hard to imagine crime on the Emerald Isle, sw. All you twinkly-eyed smiley folk wandering around wishing each other the top of the morning, as so on. Farmers and such. Few barmen. I suppose you get an amount of sheep rustling?

Peter
In all my life before now I have never known or heard of a person having a night out in Swords.

You don't know what you are missing.

Burney

I've got some quite good hex-based war-games for the iPad that would help get you through. You could be fighting the Battle of Quatre Bras while they all drone on about stuff prior to you inevitably finding the person guilty.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 04:07 PM
Midnight in prison storeroom, leather straps across my chest.

I'll see you there, you saucy man!

I'm going in dry, mind.

Rich
02-16-2017, 04:08 PM

That or they need to taser whites more frequently in order to make up the quota. Stand outside Canary Wharf tube station on a Monday morning and start tasering, chaps.

Burney
02-16-2017, 04:08 PM

Motto: Your Swords, an Emerging City :hehe:

Burney
02-16-2017, 04:14 PM
Motto: Your Swords, an Emerging City :hehe:

Well this is what's going to start happening, of course. Just because pinko bleeding heart types like p get their knickers in a twist about this, the cops are going to react by tasering us all left, right and centre. You'll be going along, minding our own business and then, out of nowhere, it'll be ZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP!!!!! and you'll be on the floor, doing the chicken and pissing yourself - all because plod doesn't want people thinking he's racist. :rolleyes:

Peter
02-16-2017, 04:31 PM
Well this is what's going to start happening, of course. Just because pinko bleeding heart types like p get their knickers in a twist about this, the cops are going to react by tasering us all left, right and centre. You'll be going along, minding our own business and then, out of nowhere, it'll be ZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP!!!!! and you'll be on the floor, doing the chicken and pissing yourself - all because plod doesn't want people thinking he's racist. :rolleyes:

Which will give you a great insight into what it is like to be black.

We are all brothers under the skin, b.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-16-2017, 10:18 PM

Front-page stuff

Wow. Learn something new. I though a cortege was only at a funeral (or other solemn procession.) But they say it was a wedding cortege. Never knew that. (Unless it was a sad wedding.)

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Statistically, it's true. The CPS generally don't bring cases without a strong chance of conviction (unless you're a celeb accused of nonceing in which case it's open season thanks to that arse Keir Starmer).

I'm guessing that coppers would rather not taser people if they don't have to (paperwork, tedious enquiries, the possibility the cünt will croak, etc), so I would argue they're unlikely to use them unless they feel reasonably threatened or the suspect is physically resisting arrest, being aggressive or obstreperous. Thus, in a sense. the use of a taser to me indicates that there's a pretty good chance the suspect already has or is about to commit a crime.

Actually, the CPS prosecute if they think they have a 50% chance or more of conviction.