PDA

View Full Version : Coquelin last night......

PSRB
02-16-2017, 12:37 PM
now I don't like to slag players but

Not just showing Robben in on his left foot but actually jumping in such a way to actually give him no option was beyond naive, I couldn't help but laugh when they showed it

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 12:43 PM

Not just showing Robben in on his left foot but actually jumping in such a way to actually give him no option was beyond naive, I couldn't help but laugh when they showed it
I'll be honest - I couldn't tell Mustafi from Iwobi from my seat, so I wouldn't want to judge anyone's performance. We'd only just got in by that point thanks to ridiculously ****ed up entrance system - which despite the huge amount thrown at the Germans was as far as I could tell all down to Arsenal and the need to check ****ing passports for a game of football

IUFG
02-16-2017, 12:44 PM
:edenhazard:

he's obviously building a portfolio of ****ness to be edited into a three minute montage on Youtube to some bangy euro-techno tune.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 12:46 PM
I'll be honest - I couldn't tell Mustafi from Iwobi from my seat, so I wouldn't want to judge anyone's performance. We'd only just got in by that point thanks to ridiculously ****ed up entrance system - which despite the huge amount thrown at the Germans was as far as I could tell all down to Arsenal and the need to check ****ing passports for a game of football

Did Withnail enjoy his evening? :-(

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 12:46 PM

I was a bit disappointed to see Ozil standing there like a plank as Robben has the ball.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 12:48 PM

At the time I was screaming at Iwobi to stop standing there looking utterly gormless with his thumb firmly up his sphincter.

No, I'm not going to look at it again.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 12:48 PM
Did Withnail enjoy his evening? :-(

He certainly enjoyed the day - the evening not so much. Didn't see him after the game but he managed to make it back to his hotel

PSRB
02-16-2017, 12:49 PM
I was a bit disappointed to see Ozil standing there like a plank as Robben has the ball.

Not his fault at all, he has no business getting involved there, he's not expecting such epically bad defending and is there if Coq had done the right thing and tackled him to pick up the ball

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 12:49 PM
Not his fault at all, he has no business getting involved there, he's not expecting such epically bad defending and is there if Coq had done the right thing and tackled him to pick up the ball

He was just rather stationary. perhaps replays make it look worserer.

Sir C
02-16-2017, 12:50 PM
He certainly enjoyed the day - the evening not so much. Didn't see him after the game but he managed to make it back to his hotel

What a lightweight.

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 12:51 PM

Stop! Show me your papers

Sir C
02-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Stop! Show me your papers

For you, Tommy, ze chempions ligue is ofer!

PSRB
02-16-2017, 12:52 PM
He was just rather stationary. perhaps replays make it look worserer.

There were 3 players in front of Robben, he was just waiting for it break his way.....on the assumption that someone might have made a tackle. Ozil was poor in 2nd half but not blaming him for that

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 12:55 PM
There were 3 players in front of Robben, he was just waiting for it break his way.....on the assumption that someone might have made a tackle. Ozil was poor in 2nd half but not blaming him for that

Do you think Coq gets a regular start under a new manager?
Iwobi has lots of potential but I was a bit concerned with Iwobi, Oxlade and Coq starting.

PSRB
02-16-2017, 12:58 PM
Do you think Coq gets a regular start under a new manager?
Iwobi has lots of potential but I was a bit concerned with Iwobi, Oxlade and Coq starting.

Iwobi looked a rabbit in headlights and Coq like a Charlton CM. Thought the Ox was one of our better players.....until the 5th goal

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 01:01 PM
For you, Tommy, ze chempions ligue is ofer!

Tommy :cry:

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Iwobi looked a rabbit in headlights and Coq like a Charlton CM. Thought the Ox was one of our better players.....until the 5th goal

I think Coq has been pretty poor for a while now. I think he used to over compensate ability with intensity.
I saw a stat that we lose quite often when he plays. It's odd as he seemed good.

redgunamo
02-16-2017, 01:09 PM
I think Coq has been pretty poor for a while now. I think he used to over compensate ability with intensity.
I saw a stat that we lose quite often when he plays. It's odd as he seemed good.

I'm guessing that he does well when we set ourselves up to keep it tight. Which isn't very often, of course.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 01:32 PM

He is a quite limited footballer but one who has a purpose within a team set-up. Unfortunately when a team has little or no structure or set-up his use becomes lessened.

Bizarrely for a footballer his main qualities exist when he does not have a ball at his feet. As an American may say, go figure.

However given his (over-elevated) status as a tenacious, snappy, aggressive midfielder one would have at least hoped have seen him employ his limited skills on the pitch last night, instead one could have been totally unaware he was actually on the pitch.

Then again our midfield is in a bit of a muddle, a mess even, certainly appears void of a plan.

I blame Wenger.

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 01:33 PM
He is a quite limited footballer but one who has a purpose within a team set-up. Unfortunately when a team has little or no structure or set-up his use becomes lessened.

Bizarrely for a footballer his main qualities exist when he does not have a ball at his feet. As an American may say, go figure.

However given his (over-elevated) status as a tenacious, snappy, aggressive midfielder one would have at least hoped have seen him employ his limited skills on the pitch last night, instead one could have been totally unaware he was actually on the pitch.

Then again our midfield is in a bit of a muddle, a mess even, certainly appears void of a plan.

I blame Wenger.

I'd have played Elneny.

SWv2
02-16-2017, 01:39 PM
I'd have played Elneny.

Hindsight Pat, a wonderful thing.

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Hindsight Pat, a wonderful thing.

Yeah but sometimes you see it happening right before your eyes.

Even if Lucas was fit last night he wouldn't have got a chance to play.
And bringing on Walcott? what's he going to do in a game like that?

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Yeah but sometimes you see it happening right before your eyes.

Even if Lucas was fit last night he wouldn't have got a chance to play.
And bringing on Walcott? what's he going to do in a game like that?
Yeah - imagine Walcott coming on and changing a game against top European opposition. Never happened before :shrug:

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Yeah - imagine Walcott coming on and changing a game against top European opposition. Never happened before :shrug:

Typical arsenal fan living in the past.
:-)

IUFG
02-16-2017, 01:45 PM

Perhaps one of Wenger's 'problems' is playing players on reputation and not form. A blind goal line official could tell that Ozil needs dropping. For example.

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Perhaps one of Wenger's 'problems' is playing players on reputation and not form. A blind goal line official could tell that Ozil needs dropping. For example.

Arsene would never drop him in that game. especially with the contract situation.
someone like Mourinho would have on problem in doing so.

Not that I like Mourinho.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Typical arsenal fan living in the past.
:-)

The past is another country, p. I've always liked living abroad

redgunamo
02-16-2017, 01:51 PM

He plays them because they're His players, imo. Mesut is clearly His favourite and best player. That's why He paid all that money for him.

"Dropping" him would be ridicules. From Wenger's point of view, I mean.

And form & reputation is one and the same thing anyway; you have a reputation because you've shown good form.

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 01:51 PM
Arsene would never drop him in that game. especially with the contract situation.
someone like Mourinho would have on problem in doing so.

Not that I like Mourinho.
If this was true Pogba would have been dropped by United by now

Pokster
02-16-2017, 01:52 PM
The past is another country, p. I've always liked living abroad

We've liked you living abroad as well :thumbup:

Luis Anaconda
02-16-2017, 01:53 PM
We've liked you living abroad as well :thumbup:

You're from Yorkshire - Derby is abroad for you

Pat Vegas
02-16-2017, 01:53 PM
If this was true Pogba would have been dropped by United by now

Well he can't tonight it's a big Pogba fest.

Pokster
02-16-2017, 01:55 PM
You're from Yorkshire - Derby is abroad for you

This is heading for an Ian Rush quote..... not sure of the exact wording, "moving to Italy was like living in a different country"

redgunamo
02-16-2017, 02:02 PM
This is heading for an Ian Rush quote..... not sure of the exact wording, "moving to Italy was like living in a different country"

Is Rush believed to be a bit dim because I always thought that remark was rather clever and perceptive.

But then I am a bit dim :-\