PDA

View Full Version : Tony Cascarino.

Sir C
02-15-2017, 02:55 PM
He's a really, really unintelligent man.

Burney
02-15-2017, 02:57 PM

Are you listening to TalkSport again? I thought that, like me, you'd given that up a decade or so ago?

SWv2
02-15-2017, 02:59 PM

He is, along with the very annoying Mark Lawrenson, the resident football expert on the one and only radio station I listen to as part of my commute.

I think they are partaking in a secret mutual dumb-off.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 03:01 PM

I rarely bother to read his stuff in the Times. More so after seeing the headline on today's piece.
I wish I could remember the line-ups he suggested for 2006 Champions League Final preview we were doing. I am not sure he got one Barcelona player in their right position. Might have got Lehmann and Campbell right for us

Burney
02-15-2017, 03:02 PM
He is, along with the very annoying Mark Lawrenson, the resident football expert on the one and only radio station I listen to as part of my commute.

Lawrenson should have kept the moustache. He's lost without it.

PSRB
02-15-2017, 03:02 PM
I rarely bother to read his stuff in the Times. More so after seeing the headline on today's piece.
I wish I could remember the line-ups he suggested for 2006 Champions League Final preview we were doing. I am not sure he got one Barcelona player in their right position. Might have got Lehmann and Campbell right for us

It still astounds me that The Times actually allow/pay him to write for them!! Would never have happened pre clickbait!

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 03:03 PM

Two proud Irishmen there

World's End Stella
02-15-2017, 03:03 PM

I believe I posted on Facebook some years ago that Tony had written an article in the Times saying that if he had to choose between putting a particular Arsenal player and Mesut Ozil in the team for a big CL match, Tony would choose the other player because 'he has a goal in him'.

That player's name you ask?

Lukas Podolski :hehe:

Sir C
02-15-2017, 03:09 PM
Are you listening to TalkSport again? I thought that, like me, you'd given that up a decade or so ago?

Christ no. Just read his educationally sub-normal Times column.

If we are to win tonight we must drop Ozil and press.

SWv2
02-15-2017, 03:12 PM

To be fair to Tony there has been more than one suggestion this week to leave out our best footballer.

Pokster
02-15-2017, 03:14 PM
To be fair to Tony there has been more than one suggestion this week to leave out our best footballer.

And if we don't do as he says and we lose he can claim he might have been correct

Burney
02-15-2017, 03:16 PM

Press what? The man's an idiot.

He's from St Paul's Cray, of course. Little good can come of a chap of mixed Irish/European heritage from St Paul's Cray.

Sir C
02-15-2017, 03:19 PM

"To be fair to Tony"? Now you'll have to forgive me, knowing, as you do, that I don't hold with foul language, but 'be fair to Tony"?

Fúck off.

Sir C
02-15-2017, 03:20 PM

He's from St Paul's Cray, of course. Little good can come of a chap of mixed Irish/European heritage from St Paul's Cray.

Yes. Mind you, imagine how much worse the prick would have been if he'd been a full on Paddy from Croydon.

Burney
02-15-2017, 03:26 PM
Yes. Mind you, imagine how much worse the prick would have been if he'd been a full on Paddy from Croydon.

:hehe: My beard is making me look particularly Irish at the moment - not least due to the fact that it still has a deal of ginger in it. I'm grooming this one, though. I've bought something called beard oil.

Pokster
02-15-2017, 03:27 PM
:hehe: My beard is making me look particularly Irish at the moment - not least due to the fact that it still has a deal of ginger in it. I'm grooming this one, though. I've bought something called beard oil.

gayer imho

Burney
02-15-2017, 03:28 PM
gayer imho

I also comb it with a beard comb*

*Actually my cat's old flea comb.

Pokster
02-15-2017, 03:30 PM
I also comb it with a beard comb*

*Actually my cat's old flea comb.

stop, you're turning me on

Sir C
02-15-2017, 03:34 PM

Are you storing food scraps in it?

Burney
02-15-2017, 03:36 PM
Are you storing food scraps in it?

Oh, no. It's very kempt. Although it is nice having a sip of wine knowing that you'll get another a few seconds later when you suck it out of your moustache.

SWv2
02-15-2017, 03:38 PM

As it turns out Tony had **** all Irish heritage having been turned down for the much sought after Irish passport.

SWv2
02-15-2017, 03:38 PM
"To be fair to Tony"? Now you'll have to forgive me, knowing, as you do, that I don't hold with foul language, but 'be fair to Tony"?

Fúck off.

Feisty. Big game nerves.

Ash
02-15-2017, 03:41 PM

From the beard oil stall in Spitalfields market, by any chance?

Burney
02-15-2017, 03:42 PM
As it turns out Tony had **** all Irish heritage having been turned down for the much sought after Irish passport.

:rolleyes: I know that, sw. But the joke wouldn't have worked if I'd mentioned that.

Viva Prat Vegas
I've bought something called beard oil.

:hehe:

10 characters pile of cund

SWv2

Beard oil. Beard fúcking oil.

For shame.

Burney
02-15-2017, 03:44 PM

No, from Boots. But I am intrigued by this chap's products.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3489982/Muslim-extremist-jailed-firebombing-sells-organic-beard-oil.html

Viva Prat Vegas
02-15-2017, 03:45 PM

For shame.

Pat uses it to cook his steaks

Burney
02-15-2017, 03:47 PM

For shame.

I know this will come as a shock to an Irishman, sw, but good grooming is not just restricted to horses.

SWv2
02-15-2017, 03:50 PM
I know this will come as a shock to an Irishman, sw, but good grooming is not just restricted to horses.

Berni nips out for a pint of milk.