PDA

View Full Version : Sir C, some words on Harrison Ford please.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Should he be allowed to fly? He seems a menace.

Burney
02-15-2017, 10:22 AM

What? Prevent noted septuagenarian marijuana enthusiast Harrison Ford from piloting aircraft? Outrageous! Political correctness gone mad!

Sir C
02-15-2017, 10:30 AM

Why does he seem a menace, b? As I understand it he landed on a parallel taxiway (which is almost certainly a parallel runway at other times.) It happens quite regularly, actually. On short finals one is often faced with two parallel strips of tarmac and, occasionally, one chooses the wrong one. Much blushing and apologising to the tower ensues and one gets on with one's day.

I once missed the airfield completely and landed in a farmer's field next door. :-( Now that was embarrassing.

Pat Vegas
02-15-2017, 10:33 AM
Why does he seem a menace, b? As I understand it he landed on a parallel taxiway (which is almost certainly a parallel runway at other times.) It happens quite regularly, actually. On short finals one is often faced with two parallel strips of tarmac and, occasionally, one chooses the wrong one. Much blushing and apologising to the tower ensues and one gets on with one's day.

I once missed the airfield completely and landed in a farmer's field next door. :-( Now that was embarrassing.

I read he crashed into a golf course previously. That would be really weird a "plane" crashes you run over to help and it's Harrison Ford.

Sir C
02-15-2017, 10:36 AM
I read he crashed into a golf course previously. That would be really weird a "plane" crashes you run over to help and it's Harrison Ford.

:sigh: He didn't 'crash' into a golf course. He had an engine failure flying a WWll vintage aeroplane and successfully force landed it on a gold course.

He did bloody well, actually.

Burney
02-15-2017, 10:41 AM
:sigh: He didn't 'crash' into a golf course. He had an engine failure flying a WWll vintage aeroplane and successfully force landed it on a gold course.

He did bloody well, actually.

:nod: He's also done the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

Ash
02-15-2017, 10:57 AM
:nod: He's also done the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

"Too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?"

I only discovered the other day that a sequel is being made. I expect I will be bitterly disappoint.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 11:04 AM

I only discovered the other day that a sequel is being made. I expect I will be bitterly disappoint.

From the director who is also doing a Dune remake. His last couple of films have been critically acclaimed though - not caught either of them.

Did you catch the American Dirk Gently, btw?

Burney
02-15-2017, 11:04 AM

Is it a sequel or is it a reboot sort of thing?

Ash
02-15-2017, 11:11 AM
Did you catch the American Dirk Gently, btw?

No. Where was it?

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 12:07 PM
No. Where was it?

It was on Netflix
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Gently's_Holistic_Detective_Agency_(TV_series )

I thought it was you who told me about but now I recall it was Dr H. I quite enjoyed it - much better than the Steven Mangan one, though with some quite big caveats, which I wouldn't say unless you have seen it

Ash
02-15-2017, 01:08 PM
It was on Netflix
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Gently's_Holistic_Detective_Agency_(TV_series )

I thought it was you who told me about but now I recall it was Dr H. I quite enjoyed it - much better than the Steven Mangan one, though with some quite big caveats, which I wouldn't say unless you have seen it

:thumbup: ...

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
02-15-2017, 01:23 PM

An airfield C! A fvcking AIRFIELD!

I had always pictured you in a magnifient BA crew uniform, attache case in hand, insouciantly strolling across the tarmac to your Jumbo, sleeves covered in gold bands and a splendid hat similarly festooned with badges of your rank of captain. Your gravelly reassuring voice across th eintercom "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is Captain Charles Hoogenfistenbumholestraaten welcoming you aboard flight ...yaddy yaddy" and now it seems you were no more than some Auntie Mabel pootling around the english countryside in a Chipmunk.

I am disappointed beyond measure

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640x360/p01lc1y3.jpg

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 01:28 PM

I had always pictured you in a magnifient BA crew uniform, attache case in hand, insouciantly strolling across the tarmac to your Jumbo, sleeves covered in gold bands and a splendid hat similarly festooned with badges of your rank of captain. Your gravelly reassuring voice across th eintercom "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is Captain Charles Hoogenfistenbumholestraaten welcoming you aboard flight ...yaddy yaddy" and now it seems you were no more than some Auntie Mabel pootling around the english countryside in a Chipmunk.

Linda Barron? Woof

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
02-15-2017, 01:59 PM
Linda Barron? Woof
'Tis rumoured the hound was no stranger to the taste of her fanny Luis :nod:

Sir C
02-15-2017, 02:03 PM

One likes to vary one's flying, h. Only a fool remains current on one type.

I'd love to take you flying, I really would. I'd have you bleeding from your eyes and arse.

Burney
02-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Linda Barron? Woof

:nod: Mind you, that was a while ago. I didn't fancy her in Come Outside, although I did enjoy the programme. The one in the crisp factory was particularly good.

Burney
02-15-2017, 02:09 PM
One likes to vary one's flying, h. Only a fool remains current on one type.

I'd love to take you flying, I really would. I'd have you bleeding from your eyes and arse.

I believe that's Ryanair's new slogan.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 02:49 PM
:nod: Mind you, that was a while ago. I didn't fancy her in Come Outside, although I did enjoy the programme. The one in the crisp factory was particularly good.

You can't be at Nurse Gladys - well...