PDA

View Full Version : They always compare Arsenal and Barcelona style wise

Pat Vegas
02-14-2017, 08:28 PM
:hehe:

Looks like we missed out on a good one with draxler though.

barrybueno
02-14-2017, 08:59 PM

3 ****ing 0 :hehe:

Palace could beat this lot...

I exaggerate somewhat imo

Mo Britain less Europe
02-14-2017, 09:18 PM
4-0. Puts some perspective on our two games with PSG. We came damn close to beating them.

7sisters
02-14-2017, 09:24 PM

To think we were only tracking the bloke for 4 or 5 years. From what the media suggest he was busting a gut to come here too. :dithering:

Just Trent
02-14-2017, 11:54 PM

I was just looking at a preview of the Bayern game. "Cech or Ospina?, Gibbs or Monreal?, Xhaka might start"

Rearranging the deckchairs on Titanic imo :-\

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 09:21 AM
To think we were only tracking the bloke for 4 or 5 years. From what the media suggest he was busting a gut to come here too. :dithering:

Of course, you realise he was injured for quite a lot of that and his form at Wolfsburg was dire as well. Could just be that we weren't interested in him at all and it was all agent/paper talk? No, that would be too hard to believe anyway :shrug:

One good game against Barca hardly makes him a world superstar, anyway

SWv2
02-15-2017, 09:44 AM
4-0. Puts some perspective on our two games with PSG. We came damn close to beating them.

From (admittedly shaky) memory the first leg á Paris could easily have been a similar scenario to last evening had certain players, especially Mr Cavani, had their shooting and other boots on.

SWv2
02-15-2017, 09:50 AM
One good game against Barca hardly makes him a world superstar, anyway

He is a a very decent player all the same, as well you know, though the jist of your statement regarding "one good game against Barca ..." is of course true. He has settled very well in PSG having totally lost his way in Wolfsburg so his form there perhaps can be overlooked to a degree. I believe the term is hit the ground running with 4/5 goals since Xmas.

I have to believe we were interested in him at some point in recent years if not the last window, the continued media links cannot all have been wrong. I have seen Ozil speak very highly of him, and indeed vice versa, to the extent to suggest they have a very healthy friendship through the national team.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-15-2017, 09:54 AM
He is a a very decent player all the same, as well you know, though the jist of your statement regarding "one good game against Barca ..." is of course true. He has settled very well in PSG having totally lost his way in Wolfsburg so his form there perhaps can be overlooked to a degree. I believe the term is hit the ground running with 4/5 goals since Xmas.

I have to believe we were interested in him at some point in recent years if not the last window, the continued media links cannot all have been wrong. I have seen Ozil speak very highly of him, and indeed vice versa, to the extent to suggest they have a very healthy friendship through the national team.

The one we will hear from Wenger if we were to draw them again in the competition is how we almost signed Rabiot.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 09:58 AM

He is a talented player, for sure. We have an interest in a lot of players, I am sure, Draxler has moved twice since our supposed interest emerged and we have signed other players in his position. The fact that we have not made a bid in that time suggests our interest was minimal, yet that doesn't stop the predictable, pathetic sneering from 7 that we dithered over signing him

Pat Vegas
02-15-2017, 10:00 AM
He is a talented player, for sure. We have an interest in a lot of players, I am sure, Draxler has moved twice since our supposed interest emerged and we have signed other players in his position. The fact that we have not made a bid in that time suggests our interest was minimal, yet that doesn't stop the predictable, pathetic sneering from 7 that we dithered over signing him

I thought we did make a bid one January 'according to reports'
Perhaps the price they wanted was not one we were willing to make at that time.

Which is fair enough.

SWv2
02-15-2017, 10:06 AM

I saw Arsenal based paranoia of new proportions last night when it was suggested that Wenger had sanctioned his arrival in Paris to precede his own arrival in the summer.

It was loosely based on how he sanctioned Vieira all of 20 years ago.

:-|

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 10:07 AM
I thought we did make a bid one January 'according to reports'
Perhaps the price they wanted was not one we were willing to make at that time.

Which is fair enough.
If we did that was right at the start. According to Draxler there was a bid in January 2014 (again not confirmed by anyone else and hardly unknown for agents to lie to their players about bids such as this, particularly ones who are negotiating new contracts and lo and behold he signed a new contract with Shalke soon after claiming this). Rather goes against the claim of dithering, we made a bid, they turned it down, we looked elsewhere :shrug:

SWv2
02-15-2017, 10:14 AM
If we did that was right at the start. According to Draxler there was a bid in January 2014 (again not confirmed by anyone else and hardly unknown for agents to lie to their players about bids such as this, particularly ones who are negotiating new contracts and lo and behold he signed a new contract with Shalke soon after claiming this). Rather goes against the claim of dithering, we made a bid, they turned it down, we looked elsewhere :shrug:

All irrelevant anyway as Draxler has been replaced in his role of the brightest, shiniest German player by Sane, Kimmich and Weigl so even if we had bought Draxler all those years back he would have bought the wrong German.

Tough business this football management, trust me.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 10:16 AM
All irrelevant anyway as Draxler has been replaced in his role of the brightest, shiniest German player by Sane, Kimmich and Weigl so even if we had bought Draxler all those years back he would have bought the wrong German.

Tough business this football management, trust me.

There speaks an experienced man. Speaking of players we won't buy - Aubayemang's penalty :yikes: That was so poor the keeper could have chested it down and started an attack

World's End Stella
02-15-2017, 10:19 AM
The one we will hear from Wenger if we were to draw them again in the competition is how we almost signed Rabiot.

Interesting player. He seems to be highly rated by some and yet I have seen him play games for PSG in the CL where his only observable skill was the ability to pass the ball to the opposition.

Perhaps I caught him on bad days.

Luis Anaconda
02-15-2017, 10:22 AM
Interesting player. He seems to be highly rated by some and yet I have seen him play games for PSG in the CL where his only observable skill was the ability to pass the ball to the opposition.

Perfect replacement for Ramsey then?

SWv2
02-15-2017, 10:24 AM
There speaks an experienced man. Speaking of players we won't buy - Aubayemang's penalty :yikes: That was so poor the keeper could have chested it down and started an attack

I lost 3 players this winter break, and I only started with a squad of 11. Beaten only once from September-December, top of the league, now we are ****ed. I envisage banners and abuse.

Tough gig.

Wee *******s (their parents to be fair).

:cry:

SWv2
02-15-2017, 10:25 AM

Last night was arguably as fine a performance a I have ever seen from the lad though he was impressive v City last year also.

Mo Britain less Europe
02-15-2017, 01:44 PM
From (admittedly shaky) memory the first leg á Paris could easily have been a similar scenario to last evening had certain players, especially Mr Cavani, had their shooting and other boots on.

"Could easily have" but wasn't. We could easily have won the second game and the group had they not levelled late on. But we didn't.