PDA

View Full Version : fash, did you go to the butcher for your steak, and which cut did you buy?

Sir C
02-14-2017, 03:51 PM
Do you know how to cook it or would like like me, berni and wes to bickert about it for a while?

Burney
02-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Do you know how to cook it or would like like me, berni and wes to bickert about it for a while?

:hehe: It's good that none of us know what degustibus non est disputandem means.

Sir C
02-14-2017, 03:54 PM
:hehe: It's good that none of us know what degustibus non est disputandem means.

:hehe:

But there clearly is a correct way to cook a steak. And a thousand incorrect ways.

Pokster
02-14-2017, 03:55 PM

I purchased 4 sirloin steaks (from Leeds market) to cook for the family tonight.... I will keep it nice and simple otherwise the kids will refuse to eat it

Pat Vegas
02-14-2017, 03:55 PM

I am going on the way home. I hope I have not left it too late. I really should have planned this a bit better.

I like to cook my steaks in butter.

Sir C
02-14-2017, 03:57 PM
I purchased 4 sirloin steaks (from Leeds market) to cook for the family tonight.... I will keep it nice and simple otherwise the kids will refuse to eat it

:nod: Just put them in a roasting dish, cover with chopped onions and water, cover with foil and roast at 160 for 4 or 5 hours :irish:

Sir C
02-14-2017, 03:58 PM
I am going on the way home. I hope I have not left it too late. I really should have planned this a bit better.

I like to cook my steaks in butter.

:-( You can't get butter hot enough to cook steaks. It will burn.

SWv2
02-14-2017, 04:02 PM

I assumed he meant to chuck some in towards the end.

Sir C
02-14-2017, 04:04 PM
I assumed he meant to chuck some in towards the end.

I certainly hope so.

Burney
02-14-2017, 04:06 PM

Clarified butter won't. But who the fück cooks steaks in clarified butter?

Sir C
02-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Clarified butter won't. But who the fück cooks steaks in clarified butter?

Fúck that, the clarified butter is for the bearnaise, surely?

I hope he's remembered the tarragon.

Burney
02-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Fúck that, the clarified butter is for the bearnaise, surely?

I hope he's remembered the tarragon.

Yes. Not too much, though.

Once - and I'm not proud of this - I bought Hollandaise in a jar to make Eggs Benedict because I couldn't be arsed doing the real thing.

My wife not only noticed, but told me that a repeat of this incident could well lead to divorce proceedings. :-( Spoiled, you see?

Sir C
02-14-2017, 04:23 PM
Yes. Not too much, though.

Once - and I'm not proud of this - I bought Hollandaise in a jar to make Eggs Benedict because I couldn't be arsed doing the real thing.

My wife not only noticed, but told me that a repeat of this incident could well lead to divorce proceedings. :-( Spoiled, you see?

My wife doesn't like tarragon.

Tarragon is my favourite herb.

We never have tarragon.

It must be love :love:

Pat Vegas
02-14-2017, 04:28 PM
Change of plan I am going to the kebab shop.

Sir C
02-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Change of plan I am going to the kebab shop.

Has she left you f? :-(

Pat Vegas
02-14-2017, 04:32 PM
Has she left you f? :-(

she's said something about the smell of burnt butter in the flat.