PDA

View Full Version : Why have I not seen anyone touting the eminently real possibility of swapping

Monty92
02-13-2017, 08:35 PM
Sanchez for Aguero this summer?

Am I the first? If so, I intend to milk it for all it's worth when it happens, or pretend I never said it when it doesn't.

SWv2
02-14-2017, 10:38 AM

Am I the first? If so, I intend to milk it for all it's worth when it happens, or pretend I never said it when it doesn't.

Possibly because swap deals are not really that common an occurrence in football anymore, combined with a subconscious reluctance, on behalf of those who do spend time thinking about these things, to countenance Sanchez moving to a domestic rival.

Pat Vegas
02-14-2017, 10:43 AM

Here's another thought. Everytime Sanchez throws a strop an article is written on how he will be leaving.

But when he scores a goal and slaps the Arsenal badge on his shirt there is no articles created about him staying.

Luis Anaconda
02-14-2017, 10:44 AM
Possibly because swap deals are not really that common an occurrence in football anymore, combined with a subconscious reluctance, on behalf of those who do spend time thinking about these things, to countenance Sanchez moving to a domestic rival.

Leaving aside that, surely if wages are a stumbling block to Sanchez resigning what make M think Aguerro who is on 240 grand a week would be in our price range? Almost like it is a thick football fan thing to say

Pat Vegas
02-14-2017, 10:46 AM
Leaving aside that, surely if wages are a stumbling block to Sanchez resigning what make M think Aguerro who is on 240 grand a week would be in our price range? Almost like it is a thick football fan thing to say

Also why would he want to join Arsenal?

SWv2
02-14-2017, 10:47 AM

I think M should stick to social and women's issues, perhaps current affairs also as he was in deep yesterday with B and Wes on Islam and related ****.

It is football where he increasingly lets himself down.

World's End Stella
02-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Seriously, I'd want Aguero and a pretty good wedge.

20mil ought to do it.

Monty92
02-14-2017, 11:04 AM

I thought it wasn't the wages so much as the sh*tness?

Of us, not him.

SWv2
02-14-2017, 11:10 AM

Of us, not him.

It's always wages when you can get more elsewhere and your agent is fully aware of this.

Being shít just complicates it further.

Luis Anaconda
02-14-2017, 11:14 AM

Of us, not him.

There are differing stories, it is true. It will all come down to money in the end. And hardly an enticing prospect when Atletico and Real may well be sniffing around. Stranger things have happened but I can't see it

SWv2
02-14-2017, 11:29 AM
There are differing stories, it is true. It will all come down to money in the end. And hardly an enticing prospect when Atletico and Real may well be sniffing around. Stranger things have happened but I can't see it

... PSG, Juventus even Bayern were mentioned a while back (perhaps tenuous link based on Vidal).