PDA

View Full Version : ads on this site

Man with Golden Gun
02-13-2017, 02:19 PM
If the site admin is around, why are there so many ads on this site - its almost impossible to read anything these days.

I just took a look at SIMB (simb.org.uk) and its had a redesign and looks very slick - not a single ad on there.

Sort it out!

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
02-13-2017, 02:33 PM
If the site admin is around, why are there so many ads on this site - its almost impossible to read anything these days.

I just took a look at SIMB (simb.org.uk) and its had a redesign and looks very slick - not a single ad on there.

Sort it out!

What are you browsing with MwGG? I find ądblocker+ works excellently with firefox but if you're on a mobile I'm not sure anything works, although ądblocker is apparently available for Android. Unfortunately the ads pay for the site as none of the tight-arses who spend all their working day on here are willing to fork out a few shekels :shrug:

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 02:35 PM
What are you browsing with MwGG? I find *******er+ works excellently with firefox but if you're on a mobile I'm not sure anything works, although *******er is apparently available for Android. Unfortunately the ads pay for the site as none of the tight-arses who spend all their working day on here are willing to fork out a few shekels :shrug:

The ads on this site are awful. clickbait rubbish.
'You'll never guess what teen actors are dead' 'these celebs are muslim'
'here's a woman with a large foot' :shrug:

No wonder nobody new joins. I'd avoid this site like the plague.

Ash
02-13-2017, 02:36 PM
What are you browsing with MwGG? I find ądblocker+ works excellently with firefox but if you're on a mobile I'm not sure anything works, although ądblocker is apparently available for Android. Unfortunately the ads pay for the site as none of the tight-arses who spend all their working day on here are willing to fork out a few shekels :shrug:

In fact, offers have been made to support the gaffer, but were turned down. Mine sill stands.

SWv2
02-13-2017, 02:38 PM

Have you got a pic of the woman with the large foot?

02-13-2017, 02:38 PM

I wouldn't know, F as I use ądblocker. You're right wrt fresh blood :-(

02-13-2017, 02:39 PM
In fact, offers have been made to support the gaffer, but were turned down. Mine sill stands.

Apology, A.

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't know, F as I use ądblocker. You're right you wrt fresh blood :-(

I resisted using it until we moved to the new forum :hehe:

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Have you got a pic of the woman with the large foot?

It's weird it's like a odd photoshop of her body being a large foot. Let me see if it comes up.

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 02:42 PM

Let's make a protest. enough is enough time to go.

Can't Sir C buy Awimb?

Sir C
02-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Let's make a protest. enough is enough time to go.

Can't Sir C buy Awimb?

I'll crowdfund it.

I have no idea what that means.

Mo Britain less Europe
02-13-2017, 08:40 PM
Surprised no-one has jumped on Scaramanga for making the same point I made some time back and got jumped on for. Attitudes hardening?

Monty92
02-13-2017, 09:17 PM

Perhaps your offer was considered derisory - how much did you propose?

Did you know international charities have put the cost of reliably saving an individual life at about £2,000?