PDA

View Full Version : Wenger please allow Lucas to play more.

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 12:07 PM
Everytime he comes on he looks dangerous.
Start him soon please.

On a side note what was Walcott's pretendy being all annoyed and squaring up to people thing all about.
He looked rather silly.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 12:16 PM
Everytime he comes on he looks dangerous.
Start him soon please.

On a side note what was Walcott's pretendy being all annoyed and squaring up to people thing all about.
He looked rather silly.
Probably knows he is going to get dropped for Lucas very soon. If he wants to show some aggression try tracking back and doing some defensive work you irritating arse - Theo, not you

Billy Goat Sverige
02-13-2017, 12:20 PM
Probably knows he is going to get dropped for Lucas very soon. If he wants to show some aggression try tracking back and doing some defensive work you irritating arse - Theo, not you

Never in doubt in the Rugby eh? It looks like the Ireland game won't only be for the Grand Slam but the record for consecutive victories as well. Looking forward to seeing Daly at 15 against Italy.

SWv2
02-13-2017, 12:21 PM

His appearance in the starting 11 on Saturday both mystified and to a degree enraged me.

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 12:22 PM
His appearance in the starting 11 on Saturday both mystified and to a degree enraged me.

I think before where he started messing about I forgot he was actually playing.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-13-2017, 12:23 PM

I have a feeling the team on Wednesday will have a few selections that will enrage. I'm thinking Xhaka will be left out, Giroud will start. Welbeck and Lucas still on the bench.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 12:27 PM
Never in doubt in the Rugby eh? It looks like the Ireland game won't only be for the Grand Slam but the record for consecutive victories as well. Looking forward to seeing Daly at 15 against Italy.

Absolutely. What were they thinking though - two fine kickers in their side and they give it to a centre. Fair enough Biggar was out of position but then scrum half has to take responsibility to get it into touch (though watching analysis yesterday have to say a lot of credit has to go to Sinckler) . Moment it landed if George Ford's hands I knew we'd win. Daly has been brilliant really - forced himself into the side. Would like to see Watson at 15 when fit - but they can work as a Lewsey/Robinson combination. Interesting decision on Hartley - pulling him off (oo-er) after 44 mins was a big call. Farrell looking more and more like the side's leader anyway

Billy Goat Sverige
02-13-2017, 12:33 PM
Absolutely. What were they thinking though - two fine kickers in their side and they give it to a centre. Fair enough Biggar was out of position but then scrum half has to take responsibility to get it into touch (though watching analysis yesterday have to say a lot of credit has to go to Sinckler) . Moment it landed if George Ford's hands I knew we'd win. Daly has been brilliant really - forced himself into the side. Would like to see Watson at 15 when fit - but they can work as a Lewsey/Robinson combination. Interesting decision on Hartley - pulling him off (oo-er) after 44 mins was a big call. Farrell looking more and more like the side's leader anyway

It's a tricky one with Hartley. He's played very well and been the captain during this good run but how long can you keep playing him when there's a better player in his position waiting in the wings? The same thing will have to be considered when Robshaw is fit. He's been very good under Jones but at the minute Launchbury and Kruis would be the first choice second row and you can't really leave out Itoje. Good problems to have in any case.

SWv2
02-13-2017, 12:33 PM
I have a feeling the team on Wednesday will have a few selections that will enrage. I'm thinking Xhaka will be left out, Giroud will start. Welbeck and Lucas still on the bench.

Giroud I could maybe half understand, and I say that as a man who bows to no other man in terms of disliking the Mirror****.

One assume the Hun will have most of the ball and on those occasions when we lump the ball up the pitch we will need a chap up there to try and initially secure possession and to then retain it. We both know Sanchez won’t do that given he will get frustrated in such circumstances and drop back in his efforts to be involved.

I would play Welbeck all the same. I am quite scratching of head at his use in recent matches.

If Xhaka misses out I am resigning.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 12:38 PM
I think before where he started messing about I forgot he was actually playing.

Yes - my Manchester United-supporting mate was doing a WES* going on about how he should be sent off for doing it. My calm response** was to say if he was a sent off, how would we tell

*screaming in my ear
** after tell him to **** off and behave

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 12:41 PM
It's a tricky one with Hartley. He's played very well and been the captain during this good run but how long can you keep playing him when there's a better player in his position waiting in the wings? The same thing will have to be considered when Robshaw is fit. He's been very good under Jones but at the minute Launchbury and Kruis would be the first choice second row and you can't really leave out Itoje. Good problems to have in any case.
we are missing Kruis enormously - which is no disrespect to those playing in his place, simply a very, very good player. I think Robshaw and Hartley will be replaced in time but good to have them around. Most of the Times journalists have George down as starting hooker for the Lions let alone England - as you say, good problem to have

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Giroud I could maybe half understand, and I say that as a man who bows to no other man in terms of disliking the Mirror****.

One assume the Hun will have most of the ball and on those occasions when we lump the ball up the pitch we will need a chap up there to try and initially secure possession and to then retain it. We both know Sanchez won’t do that given he will get frustrated in such circumstances and drop back in his efforts to be involved.

I would play Welbeck all the same. I am quite scratching of head at his use in recent matches.

If Xhaka misses out I am resigning.

I would be surprised if Giroud didn't start. No idea what he will do with the midfield.

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Yes - my Manchester United-supporting mate was doing a WES* going on about how he should be sent off for doing it. My calm response** was to say if he was a sent off, how would we tell

*screaming in my ear
** after tell him to **** off and behave

:hehe:

I did laugh when Huddlestone (I think it was) came over with a look on his face to Walcott almost saying
'what the **** are you doing? stop being silly please'

Sir C
02-13-2017, 12:45 PM
I would be surprised if Giroud didn't start. No idea what he will do with the midfield.

Bellerin, Koscielny, Mustapha, Monreal

Coquelin, Xhaka, Ramsey,

Ozil Alexis

Giroud

3-0, easy.

Pokster
02-13-2017, 12:46 PM

Coquelin, Xhaka, Ramsey,

Ozil Alexis

Giroud

3-0, easy.

I think we should play a keeper

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 12:48 PM

Ospina :cloud9:

SWv2
02-13-2017, 12:49 PM

Coquelin, Xhaka, Ramsey,

Ozil Alexis

Giroud

3-0, easy.

Ramsey is dead. Something which will cheer some/most people up.

Luis Anaconda
I think we should pick the Ingolstadt keeper as he did a Schumacher on Lewandowski at the weekend and got away with it

Sir C

Won't need one. With our midfield that solid Bayern won't see the ball.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Ramsey is dead. Something which will cheer some/most people up.

Put the Ox in there for him and I would be happy

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 12:51 PM

I've slagged the Ox off plenty of times. But I like the look of him the past 4 games or so.
Though I didn't see the Chelsea game.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 12:52 PM
I've slagged the Ox off plenty of times. But I like the look of him the past 4 games or so.
Though I didn't see the Chelsea game.
His reviews were mixed for the Chelsea game but by no means all bad. You could at least see what he was trying to do

SWv2
02-13-2017, 12:54 PM
I think we should pick the Ingolstadt keeper as he did a Schumacher on Lewandowski at the weekend and got away with it

Is Lewandowski banjaxed?

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Is Lewandowski banjaxed?

Are all those other players out that PSRB reported ages ago?

SWv2
02-13-2017, 12:56 PM

Worth a try*

*I assume you mean with Xhaka and Coquelin as per Sir C's suggested line up.

The Ox has done okay but this is a step up again. I am looking forward to watching Tiago. Am I allowed to admit that?

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 12:56 PM
Is Lewandowski banjaxed?

Sadly not - not for a lack of effort. Another stuttering performance it must be said, though. Lack of fluency in their team. Good article on it from Marcotti in the times today. We will still get battered though

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Worth a try*

*I assume you mean with Xhaka and Coquelin as per Sir C's suggested line up.

The Ox has done okay but this is a step up again. I am looking forward to watching Tiago. Am I allowed to admit that?

Yes as a three with those two. And yes - you are a football fan and Thiago is great player to watch. Not full appreciated here I would say - a bit too Spanish

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Sadly not - not for a lack of effort. Another stuttering performance it must be said, though. Lack of fluency in their team. Good article on it from Marcotti in the times today. We will still get battered though

Is it too early for we might beat them by accident thoughts?

Never works.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Is it too early for we might beat them by accident thoughts?

Never works.
the fans are definitely not as confident as in past years, p. You never know

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 01:06 PM
the fans are definitely not as confident as in past years, p. You never know

If we get an away goal that'll do. as long as it's not like 5-1 or something.

We'll lose 3-2 but win 2-1 at the Emirates.