PDA

View Full Version : A little while ago a picture of some women from Sweden's "feminist government"

Billy Goat Sverige
02-13-2017, 11:39 AM
went viral for mocking one of Trumps photos with all men standing around him signing an EO.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3u4ST1WQAAkaTi.jpg

Here's some more women from the "feminist government" of Sweden in Iran to sign trade deals :hehe:

https://www.unwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Swedens-walk-of-shame-hi-red.jpg

Burney
02-13-2017, 11:44 AM
went viral for mocking one of Trumps photos with all men standing around him signing an EO.

Here's some more women from the "feminist government" of Sweden in Iran to sign trade deals :hehe:

https://www.unwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Swedens-walk-of-shame-hi-red.jpg

Yes. Amazing what undignified, demeaning and hypocritical shît lefties will do in order to virtue signal. Also, does the entire cabinet have to go everywhere together?

Our Prime Minister comes out of this rather well by comparison.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Yes. Amazing what undignified, demeaning and hypocritical shît lefties will do in order to virtue signal. Also, does the entire cabinet have to go everywhere together?

It's great. Little more than a week after the first photo and the line "we're a feminist government and this photo shows that". :clap:

Monty92
02-13-2017, 11:54 AM
It's great. Little more than a week after the first photo and the line "we're a feminist government and this photo shows that". :clap:

They would say that positive discrimination is part of the corrective process required to bring an end to institutionalised sexism in society.

Burney
02-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Seriously, though, the Swedish establishment does seem to be even madder than the Germans in its desire to force Islamic culture on its people. With the Germans at least you can understand that they're trying to make up for murdering tens of millions of people and trying to enslave the whole of Europe, but what drives the Swedes in this lunacy?

Mo Britain less Europe
02-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Seriously, though, the Swedish establishment does seem to be even madder than the Germans in its desire to force Islamic culture on its people. With the Germans at least you can understand that they're trying to make up for murdering tens of millions of people and trying to enslave the whole of Europe, but what drives the Swedes in this lunacy?

Post-Abba guilt?

Billy Goat Sverige
02-13-2017, 12:07 PM

The trouble with the current government is they're in coalition with the Greens. That's where all the feminist *******s comes from (the woman in the photo signing the paper is their leader and deputy PM). Traditionally the social democrats have been quite strict on immigration but the previous government was the moderates and they relaxed immigration policy. The current bunch left it as is until they realised they had just let 300,000 refugees into a country of 10,000,000 people within the space of 3 years. They're quite strict on immigration now but you still get them turning a blind eye to anything remotely anti-immigrant/Islam. For example, the feminists are quick to let you know rape is a man problem when it's pointed out to them that men from MENA countries are way overrepresented when it comes to rape convictions, especially gang rapes.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 12:20 PM

Are we having Islamic culture forced upon us here? I wished they'd hurry up - might actually be able to have a shop open on a Sunday

Billy Goat Sverige
02-13-2017, 12:22 PM
Are we having Islamic culture forced upon us here? I wished they'd hurry up - might actually be able to have a shop open on a Sunday

Inshallah.

Ash
02-13-2017, 01:05 PM

And the pubs?

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 01:08 PM
And the pubs?

The pubs will always be open. They're not that stupid, a. I've probably never been drunker* than after a night out in Dubai and the Sultan of Oman has a very sensible attitude to alcohol - they've even got an Irish pub in the airport

*as drunk many times

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 01:34 PM

Aren't they just covering up their hair because that is consistent with the local customs of the country in which they are present? I'm pretty sure they aren't the first to do so and I'm not sure I see how that is inconsistent with their feminist sensibilities? Sunbathing topless is commonplace in certain Scandinavian countries but is not really acceptable here in the UK. Would a Swedish woman who left her top on in the Witterings be accused of the same thing?

Nor, for that matter, am I convinced it has anything to do with Islam. As far as I understand it, Islam only mentions that women should dress modestly, the rest of the dress restrictions are entirely cultural and have very little to do with religion.

Monty92
02-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Aren't they just covering up their hair because that is consistent with the local customs of the country in which they are present? I'm pretty sure they aren't the first to do so and I'm not sure I see how that is inconsistent with their feminist sensibilities? Sunbathing topless is commonplace in certain Scandinavian countries but is not really acceptable here in the UK. Would a Swedish woman who left her top on in the Witterings be accused of the same thing?

Nor, for that matter, am I convinced it has anything to do with Islam. As far as I understand it, Islam only mentions that women should dress modestly, the rest of the dress restrictions are entirely cultural and have very little to do with religion.

Sorry, just to clarify here, you are suggesting that the prevalence of head scarves/coverings in Iran has nothing to do with Islam?

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Sorry, just to clarify here, you are suggesting that the prevalence of head scarves/coverings in Iran has nothing to do with Islam?

In the Arab world generally, I think head coverings are driven by historical/cultural reasons more than religious ones. Does it have nothing to do with Islam? No, I'm sure there is some relationship. But it isn't explicitly required because of Islam, I think.

As an example, if you have ever seen a traditional Arabic family in Dubai you will notice that the men are almost as covered as the women. Most Arabic women show only their faces in black robes, whereas the men wear white robes with a head dress that covers almost as much of the head as the women's does. The robes I expect have something to do with it being 50C in summer, Islam less so.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 01:58 PM
In the Arab world generally, I think head coverings are driven by historical/cultural reasons more than religious ones. Does it have nothing to do with Islam? No, I'm sure there is some relationship. But it isn't explicitly required because of Islam, I think.

As an example, if you have ever seen a traditional Arabic family in Dubai you will notice that the men are almost as covered as the women. Most Arabic women show only their faces in black robes, whereas the men wear white robes with a head dress that covers almost as much of the head as the women's does. The robes I expect have something to do with it being 50C in summer, Islam less so.

This is how women dressed in Iran in the 1970s.

Could you explain to me exactly when the drastic climate change occurred which caused these women to rush for the chador?

Monty92
02-13-2017, 02:02 PM

This is what we do know. Western feminists cry 'sexism' at even the merest hint of attitudes, behaviours or objects/items of clothing that it is felt are imposed upon women due to a belief that women should act or dress with modesty. If a man in the west suggests women should be careful about dressing too provocatively because they might get hassled by blokes in the street, they are told they are contributing to 'rape culture'

Whether religious or cultural in origins, everyone, even you, would acknowledge that many women across the Muslim world have head/body coverings imposed upon them due to a belief in the imperative for women to act and dress modestly.

And yet so-called feminists jump at the chance to wear one in order to show their "solidarity" with women.

It is a f*cking joke.

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 02:03 PM

Could you explain to me exactly when the drastic climate change occurred which caused these women to rush for the chador?

Anyway, that's clearly an example of Shah Here law

Monty92
02-13-2017, 02:04 PM

3, 1, 2, 4.

Number 3 would be giving it the Allan Akbar's ("God you're great") once I've finished with her, imo.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 02:06 PM

2 might be a man, mate.

I liked the Shah. He had a kind face.

Mo Britain less Europe
02-13-2017, 02:16 PM
2 might be a man, mate.

Goering had a kind face too. Appearances can be deceptive.

Ash
02-13-2017, 02:17 PM

3, and I can't see any of the others. 3 is stunning.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 02:19 PM
Goering had a kind face too. Appearances can be deceptive.

Goering was alright. Certainly no nazi. He was a decent pilot and a lover of food, women and drugs who happened to be an opportunist.

Now Goebbels. He didn't have a nice face.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 02:20 PM
3, and I can't see any of the others. 3 is stunning.

One wonders whether she survived the revolution, a. By now she may be an old crone living in the medieval ****pit that is Tehran.

Monty92
02-13-2017, 02:25 PM
Goering was alright. Certainly no nazi. He was a decent pilot and a lover of food, women and drugs who happened to be an opportunist.

Now Goebbels. He didn't have a nice face.

Ahem, that'll be Paul Joseph Goebbels to you, sir.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Ahem, that'll be Paul Joseph Goebbels to you, sir.

Any relation?

Now that would be a story to take to The Sunday Times. '"Goebbels Was A Jew" claims Finchley Man.'

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 02:32 PM

You're certain that there weren't any women in Iran in the 70s that wore some form of head covering? Really?

Sir C
02-13-2017, 02:35 PM
You're certain that there weren't any women in Iran in the 70s that wore some form of head covering? Really?

I'm sure there were some who wore some sort of head covering, as a result of religious and cultural beliefs. What I'd like to know is why, nowadays, it would be inconceivable to dress as those young ladies did in the 70s, and why 'some sort of head covering' (a mealy-mouthed, mendacious phrase, by the way) is essential in modern day Iran. I'm disagreeing with your claim that it's to do with the temperature in summer.

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 02:35 PM
This is what we do know. Western feminists cry 'sexism' at even the merest hint of attitudes, behaviours or objects/items of clothing that it is felt are imposed upon women due to a belief that women should act or dress with modesty. If a man in the west suggests women should be careful about dressing too provocatively because they might get hassled by blokes in the street, they are told they are contributing to 'rape culture'

Whether religious or cultural in origins, everyone, even you, would acknowledge that many women across the Muslim world have head/body coverings imposed upon them due to a belief in the imperative for women to act and dress modestly.

Yes, I agree with that. My point was that I think the imposition is based more on cultural grounds than religious grounds. I've always suspected that Muslim women cover up largely because historically their countries have been violent, uncivilized places where attractive women are a pretty good target.

Monty92
02-13-2017, 02:36 PM
Any relation?

Now that would be a story to take to The Sunday Times. '"Goebbels Was A Jew" claims Finchley Man.'

With with Goebbels and PJ Watson, I can't help feeling leeetle bit tainted by association :-(

Sir C
02-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Yes, I agree with that. My point was that I think the imposition is based more on cultural grounds than religious grounds. I've always suspected that Muslim women cover up largely because historically their countries have been violent, uncivilized places where attractive women are a pretty good target.

They cover up because if they don't, the religious police will whip them.

Fúcking hell, do you live in a box, completely isolated from any means of educating yourself?

Monty92
02-13-2017, 02:41 PM

I think you're staggeringly naive.

But here's what we also know. If every Muslim in the world woke up one morning with the realisation that their holy book that preaches female modesty is man-made bull****, then after a few years of of guilt-free lusting and w*nking over exposed female ankles, the 'cultural' imperative for women to dress modestly would disappear.

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 02:50 PM
They cover up because if they don't, the religious police will whip them.

Fúcking hell, do you live in a box, completely isolated from any means of educating yourself?

In Iran, you mean? Or more specifically in Tehran? Yes, I would expect the majority of women inn Tehran wear a head dress because they are afraid not to. Some will do it because they prefer it, of course. Outside of the large cities I expect they do so because their families have done so for generations.

Outside of Iran there will also be a variety of motivations. In the UAE, as an example, where almost a third of government representatives are women, many do not and those that do probably do so out of choice.

It's a big, complex world, Charles.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 02:54 PM
In Iran, you mean? Or more specifically in Tehran? Yes, I would expect the majority of women inn Tehran wear a head dress because they are afraid not to. Some will do it because they prefer it, of course. Outside of the large cities I expect they do so because their families have done so for generations.

Outside of Iran there will also be a variety of motivations. In the UAE, as an example, where almost a third of government representatives are women, many do not and those that do probably do so out of choice.

It's a big, complex world, Charles.

Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the numerous other places where women have no choice but to conform to a religiously-mandated dress code; this is a matter of Islam, not latitude.

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 02:59 PM
I think you're staggeringly naive.

But here's what we also know. If every Muslim in the world woke up one morning with the realisation that their holy book that preaches female modesty is man-made bull****, then after a few years of of guilt-free lusting and w*nking over exposed female ankles, the 'cultural' imperative for women to dress modestly would disappear.

Below is a picture of Yazidis women. Yazidis are not Muslims, Monty, but they are from the Middle East. Notice anything about the way they dress?

Luis Anaconda
02-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Below is a picture of Yazidis women. Yazidis are not Muslims, Monty, but they are from the Middle East. Notice anything about the way they dress?

Jesus - you are not making this easy

Sir C
02-13-2017, 03:09 PM

Below is a picture of some women who live at the same latitude as Riyadh. Do you notice anything about the way they dress?

Monty92
02-13-2017, 03:10 PM

Yes, and there is a code of modesty for women in Orthodox Judaism too. And I'm sure you'd see feminists gleefully wrapping themselves in the respective clothing were they to visit somewhere like Mea She'arim in Jerusalem where wearing head scarves is a "local custom" for women.

And they would be hypocritical c*nts for doing so. As my feminist girlfriend was when she wore one during our visit.

What is your point?

Burney
02-13-2017, 03:18 PM

3 is rather saucy-looking, I must say *twirlsmoustache*

Burney
02-13-2017, 03:19 PM
2 might be a man, mate.

2 looks like Shami Chakrabarti. :-(

Monty92
02-13-2017, 03:20 PM
3 is rather saucy-looking, I must say *twirlsmoustache*

If you need any extra stimulation, I think I can see her knickers hanging on the washing line.

Burney
02-13-2017, 03:24 PM

Do you think their dress might in some way be affected by their living in a majority Islamic country where not to dress that way would invite opprobrium and unwanted attention at best and outright violence at worst?

Burney
02-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Below is a picture of some women who live at the same latitude as Riyadh. Do you notice anything about the way they dress?

Blimey. Always with the sideways with you, innit?

Sir C
02-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Blimey. Always with the sideways with you, innit?

Still oppressing the chinee, eh? You're obsessed, man.

Monty92
02-13-2017, 03:27 PM
Do you think their dress might in some way be affected by their living in a majority Islamic country where not to dress that way would invite opprobrium and unwanted attention at best and outright violence at worst?

When has a Yazidi ever been persecuted? :rolleyes:

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 03:36 PM
Yes, and there is a code of modesty for women in Orthodox Judaism too. And I'm sure you'd see feminists gleefully wrapping themselves in the respective clothing were they to visit somewhere like Mea She'arim in Jerusalem where wearing head scarves is a "local custom" for women.

And they would be hypocritical c*nts for doing so. As my feminist girlfriend was when she wore one during our visit.

What is your point?

Honestly, Monty. You really do struggle with deductive logic and following an argument sometimes. You're like a mini version of Jorge.

You made the point that the cultural imperative to dress modestly came from Islam and Islam alone. I have just shown you a photo of women from the same region of the world who are not Muslims but who dress the same way.

If you don't get the point now, I'm not going to reveal it to you.

Burney
02-13-2017, 03:36 PM
When has a Yazidi ever been persecuted? :rolleyes:

WES is, of course, making the accurate - albeit entirely disingenuous - point that Islam per se does not require the veiling of women. This does, however, ignore the fact that the increasingly dominant and reactionary forms of Islam such as the form of Shia practised in Iran and the Wahabbism propagated by Saudi Arabia very much do insist on veiling - be it officially or unofficially enforced - which is why you see so many women in this country of South Asian origin (where such veiling isn't really a tradition) dressing in this way.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 03:39 PM
Honestly, Monty. You really do struggle with deductive logic and following an argument sometimes. You're like a mini version of Jorge.

You made the point that the cultural imperative to dress modestly came from Islam and Islam alone. I have just shown you a photo of women from the same region of the world who are not Muslims but who dress the same way.

Here are some women from that well known bastion of Arabic culture, Brunei.

Monty92
02-13-2017, 03:41 PM

Please show me where I said Islam and Islam alone?

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 03:43 PM

Yes, quite possibly. Although I expect that is just one of many influences, the others being historically and culturally oriented.

But to simply say that women cover up because Islam forces them to is incorrect and reinforces a prejudice which is unhelpful.

Monty92
02-13-2017, 03:45 PM
WES is, of course, making the accurate - albeit entirely disingenuous - point that Islam per se does not require the veiling of women. This does, however, ignore the fact that the increasingly dominant and reactionary forms of Islam such as the form of Shia practised in Iran and the Wahabbism propagated by Saudi Arabia very much do insist on veiling - be it officially or unofficially enforced - which is why you see so many women in this country of South Asian origin (where such veiling isn't really a tradition) dressing in this way.

But we know that the pervasiveness of head coverings in Islamic societies is rooted in the Islamic teachings on female modesty.

Or to put it another way, just because slavery was once pervasive in non Islamic societies does not change the fact that the current use of slavery by ISIS is rooted in Islamic teachings.

Burney
02-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Yes, quite possibly. Although I expect that is just one of many influences, the others being historically and culturally oriented.

But to simply say that women cover up because Islam forces them to is incorrect and reinforces a prejudice which is unhelpful.

You're trying to treat culture and religion as though they are wholly distinct entities when they plainly are not. Culture is a reflection of religion and vice-versa. That there may be other cultural factors does not make the point that Islamic cultures and societies are violently oppressive towards women in terms of their rights and freedom of behaviour any less valid.

On the other hand, if you are attempting seriously to argue that the cultural and religious norms in predominantly Islamic societies are not violently prejudicial to the rights and freedoms of women, I can only assume you to have been recently lobotomised.

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 03:49 PM

It isn't disingenuous in any way. I disagreed with the blanket statement that Islam forces women to cover up and suggested that there are many influences in that regard.

Which is entirely consistent with your post, BTW.

Burney
02-13-2017, 03:54 PM
But we know that the pervasiveness of head coverings in Islamic societies is rooted in the Islamic teachings on female modesty.

Or to put it another way, just because slavery was once pervasive in non Islamic societies does not change the fact that the current use of slavery by ISIS is rooted in Islamic teachings.

Of course. Nor does it change the fact that the approval of sexual slavery and rape are endorsed in Islamic teachings. Islam is explicitly a religion in which violent conversion and conquest are hard-wired into the DNA. These reactionary forms of Islam are simply back to basics versions of the religion that strive to return to what they see as the pure form of the religion untainted by ghastly western ideas of decency.

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 03:56 PM
You're trying to treat culture and religion as though they are wholly distinct entities when they plainly are not. Culture is a reflection of religion and vice-versa. That there may be other cultural factors does not make the point that Islamic cultures and societies are violently oppressive towards women in terms of their rights and freedom of behaviour any less valid.

On the other hand, if you are attempting seriously to argue that the cultural and religious norms in predominantly Islamic societies are not violently prejudicial to the rights and freedoms of women, I can only assume you to have been recently lobotomised.

Again, I did not say that, I pointed out that you had to consider the historical and cultural influences as well as the religious influences, whereas Monty and Charles simply want to blame Islam.

And yes, Islamic societies are largely very misogynistic, I have never claimed otherwise. And the solution is communication, understanding, patience and integration - in that order. But we've done that one. :-)

Burney
02-13-2017, 03:59 PM
It isn't disingenuous in any way. I disagreed with the blanket statement that Islam forces women to cover up and suggested that there are many influences in that regard.

Which is entirely consistent with your post, BTW.

But your premise is - as I've pointed out in my other reply to you - utterly flawed in that it presupposes that religion, culture and society are or ever can be distinct entities that can be taken in isolation.
Equally, there are existing Hadiths that are interpreted by many Islamic scholars as recommending the veiling of women, but they are not explicit. However, since these cultural norms have come about by virtue of the interpretations of those religious verses, it seems genuinely bizarre to claim that veiling has nothing to do with Islam.

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 04:08 PM
it seems genuinely bizarre to claim that veiling has nothing to do with Islam.

You think I said that? Seriously?

Burney
02-13-2017, 04:16 PM
You think I said that? Seriously?

Errrr...yes. Yes I do. Mostly because you wrote:

Nor, for that matter, am I convinced it has anything to do with Islam.

It quite clearly does have to something to do with Islam, since it is based on an interpretation of a Hadith that, taken in conjunction with the Q'uran's exhortations to female modesty in dress, has been understood to mean women should cover their hair and in some cases their faces and bodies.

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Errrr...yes. Yes I do. Mostly because you wrote:

It quite clearly does have to something to do with Islam, since it is based on an interpretation of a Hadith that, taken in conjunction with the Q'uran's exhortations to female modesty in dress, has been understood to mean women should cover their hair and in some cases their faces and bodies.

Er...nice edit. The full paragraph copied below paints quite a different picture, I think. Not to mention that saying you aren't convinced of something and saying you explicitly don't believe something are quite different.

'Nor, for that matter, am I convinced it has anything to do with Islam. As far as I understand it, Islam only mentions that women should dress modestly, the rest of the dress restrictions are entirely cultural and have very little to do with religion. '

Burney
02-13-2017, 04:58 PM
Er...nice edit. The full paragraph copied below paints quite a different picture, I think. Not to mention that saying you aren't convinced of something and saying you explicitly don't believe something are quite different.

'Nor, for that matter, am I convinced it has anything to do with Islam. As far as I understand it, Islam only mentions that women should dress modestly, the rest of the dress restrictions are entirely cultural and have very little to do with religion. '

:hehe: No. That's böllocks, I'm afraid. I didn't edit anything, simply quoted exactly what you said, namely you suggesting that it didn't have anything to do with Islam. You're now squirming.

And I dealt with the fact that it is not merely a cultural issue, but explicitly a religious one based on the interpretation of religious texts.

Basically, your argument is entirely exploded and you're now trying to argue that you never said dem fings.

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 06:02 PM
:hehe: No. That's böllocks, I'm afraid. I didn't edit anything, simply quoted exactly what you said, namely you suggesting that it didn't have anything to do with Islam. You're now squirming.

And I dealt with the fact that it is not merely a cultural issue, but explicitly a religious one based on the interpretation of religious texts.

Basically, your argument is entirely exploded and you're now trying to argue that you never said dem fings.

:hehe: Nope, nice try, though. Just because you say it is so, doesn't make it so.

Show where in this quote I said it had nothing to do with Islam:

'Again, I did not say that, I pointed out that you had to consider the historical and cultural influences as well as the religious influences, whereas Monty and Charles simply want to blame Islam.'

I expect you're as bored of this as I am now. And if I'm honest, I've lost track of what we were arguing about.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-13-2017, 08:52 PM

and not a looker amongst them.

dismalswamp
02-13-2017, 09:13 PM
Islam is bad. There's
no getting away from it peeps.

eastgermanautos
02-14-2017, 12:28 AM
But your premise is - as I've pointed out in my other reply to you - utterly flawed in that it presupposes that religion, culture and society are or ever can be distinct entities that can be taken in isolation.
Equally, there are existing Hadiths that are interpreted by many Islamic scholars as recommending the veiling of women, but they are not explicit. However, since these cultural norms have come about by virtue of the interpretations of those religious verses, it seems genuinely bizarre to claim that veiling has nothing to do with Islam.

You know a lot. What u a fvcking Muslim? Eh?

Just kidding. Books are not yet forbidden. That's coming though my friend.

eastgermanautos
02-14-2017, 12:28 AM
You know a lot. What u a fvcking Muslim? Eh?

Just kidding. Books are not yet forbidden. That's coming though my friend.

I think that Houellebecq's book, Submission, bears upon the points raised above.