PDA

View Full Version : Baking cakes is a piece of piss

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 10:29 AM
except getting the ****ers out of the tins and the icing.

I made several tremendous wons this past weekend. I will get some new tins.

Burney
02-13-2017, 10:48 AM
except getting the ****ers out of the tins and the icing.

I made several tremendous wons this past weekend. I will get some new tins.

Getting them out of the tins is easy, f. You use non-stick pans and you grease and/or line them. Icing, too, is easy. The biggest mistake is trying to ice them when they're still warm, as this fücks it right up.

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 10:51 AM
Getting them out of the tins is easy, f. You use non-stick pans and you grease and/or line them. Icing, too, is easy. The biggest mistake is trying to ice them when they're still warm, as this fücks it right up.

That's what I noticed I need a bit of patience to let them cool down.

I wanted to slap this icing all over it only for it to melt.

The first few times the icing was far to runny but now it worked out very well.

The only downside is I make a complete ****ing mess of the kitchen and it takes ages to wash up.

Burney
02-13-2017, 10:52 AM
That's what I noticed I need a bit of patience to let them cool down.

I wanted to slap this icing all over it only for it to melt.

The first few times the icing was far to runny but now it worked out very well.

The only downside is I make a complete ****ing mess of the kitchen and it takes ages to wash up.

Why are you baking so much, though? Have you gone gay?

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 10:53 AM
Why are you baking so much, though? Have you gone gay?

I had my parents visit for dinner and the cake was my contribution. As my wife likes them I made another one yesterday evening.

That'll do me for for the rest of the year.

Burney
02-13-2017, 10:56 AM
I had my parents visit for dinner and the cake was my contribution. As my wife likes them I made another one yesterday evening.

That'll do me for for the rest of the year.

Yeah, I can bake, but choose not to as I regard it as an essentially unmanly form of cooking. Indeed, desserts in general are a bit effeminate.

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I can bake, but choose not to as I regard it as an essentially unmanly form of cooking. Indeed, desserts in general are a bit effeminate.

I am in charge of making dinner on Tuesday. I will make a steak.
But i will push the boat out a bit. what steak shall I purchase?

Burney
02-13-2017, 11:05 AM
I am in charge of making dinner on Tuesday. I will make a steak.
But i will push the boat out a bit. what steak shall I purchase?

In terms of balance of flavour and texture, ribeye is generally the best bet. You could get fillet, but it will be very expensive and - although tender - won't taste as good.

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 11:10 AM
In terms of balance of flavour and texture, ribeye is generally the best bet. You could get fillet, but it will be very expensive and - although tender - won't taste as good.

:nod: I've never been a fan of the fillet.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 11:10 AM

Sirloin is easier to judge in terms of the cuissance, though. A sirloin must, of course, be an inch thick.

Burney
02-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Sirloin is easier to judge in terms of the cuissance, though. A sirloin must, of course, be an inch thick.

I agree. And a good sirloin can be a joyous thing. The problem with sirloin, though, can be the lack of fat.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 11:13 AM
I agree. And a good sirloin can be a joyous thing. The problem with sirloin, though, can be the lack of fat.

One assumes that f has a good local butcher? A decently marbled sirloin is a marvellous thing.

Actually, as it's Valentine's Day, should he not go all out and choose a porterhouse?

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 11:14 AM
One assumes that f has a good local butcher? A decently marbled sirloin is a marvellous thing.

Actually, as it's Valentine's Day, should he not go all out and choose a porterhouse?

There is a good one nearby. Though it creeps me out slightly as it has pigs heads in the window.

Burney
02-13-2017, 11:16 AM

Yes. Best of both world's sort of thing. Mind you, his glw may not wish to be confronted with a huge piece of meat on Valentine's Day.

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Yes. Best of both world's sort of thing. Mind you, his glw may not wish to be confronted with a huge piece of meat on Valentine's Day.

:hehe: I'll stroll through with 2 plates. now then now then now then.
I'll slap it down on the table and say how's about that then.

Burney
02-13-2017, 11:17 AM
There is a good one nearby. Though it creeps me out slightly as it has pigs heads in the window.

Pigs' heads hold no fear for me, f. I have stripped the still warm flesh from one before breakfast after a skinful of booze and four hours' sleep. Once a man's done that, he's ready for most things.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 11:19 AM

Visit this butcher regularly, f. Form a relationship with this artisan of the cleaver. A little time spent cultivating the good will of your butcher is never wasted.

Burney
:hehe: I'll stroll through with 2 plates. now then now then now then.
I'll slap it down on the table and say how's about that then.

:clap: Who better to bring to mind on Valentine's Day than that incurable romantic Sir Jingle-Jangle Jim himself?

You ought to wear a medallion, a gold string vest and tiny athletic shorts to complete the picture, f.

Sir C
Pigs' heads hold no fear for me, f. I have stripped the still warm flesh from one before breakfast after a skinful of booze and four hours' sleep. Once a man's done that, he's ready for most things.

You did not, however, suck the green foam from his nostril.

Burney
02-13-2017, 11:21 AM
You did not, however, suck the green foam from his nostril.

No. But that was the night before when we were emboldened by drink and substances. I believe I displayed what Napoleon called '4 O'Clock in the morning courage' (albeit at about 8.30).

Pat Vegas
02-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Visit this butcher regularly, f. Form a relationship with this artisan of the cleaver. A little time spent cultivating the good will of your butcher is never wasted.

He helped me out when I was sent out with the task to get some meat for carpaccio.
jobs worth supermarket types would not cut it thinly enough.

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 11:27 AM

No such thing as a decently marbled sirloin unless it is grain-fed, Charles.

You'll be lucky to get a sniff of fat out of grass-fed sirloin.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 11:28 AM

One dislikes pedantry, of course. But really.

Burney
02-13-2017, 11:31 AM
One dislikes pedantry, of course. But really.

Look. I can't help it if this fücking Mac elects to introduce errors where none would otherwise occur.

Sir C
02-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Look. I can't help it if this fücking Mac elects to introduce errors where none would otherwise occur.

I wonder if that's wes's problem? He's still banging on about antiobiotic-laden ersatz meat. It may be his keyboard.

Burney
02-13-2017, 11:40 AM
I wonder if that's wes's problem? He's still banging on about antiobiotic-laden ersatz meat. It may be his keyboard.

Isn't that the mushy stuff you get from animals who've been virtually imprisoned for their entire lives? Perhaps he also loves battery-farmed chicken?

Sir C
02-13-2017, 11:44 AM
Isn't that the mushy stuff you get from animals who've been virtually imprisoned for their entire lives? Perhaps he also loves battery-farmed chicken?

Yes, it's designed for Americans who lack the concentration required to chew their food. They should just blend it and suck it through a straw.

Burney
02-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Yes, it's designed for Americans who lack the concentration required to chew their food. They should just blend it and suck it through a straw.

Odd, isn't it? They spend vast fortunes on their rather weird-looking teeth and then choose not to use them.

World's End Stella
02-13-2017, 12:32 PM

No, it's the best steak in world because it is rippling with fat and as we all know from our training at Manoir Quat Saisons - 'fat is flavour'.

Grass fed beef is acceptable, of course, but very much the poorer cousin of grain fed. It needs a good long marinade and a very high heat in order to make it palatable.

Still, I'm sure it suits your limited palates, what with you wanting to chew away on it for hours.