PDA

View Full Version : He seems to have changed his tune ..

redgunamo
02-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Or at least modified it a little ..

“I want the fans to be behind the team. But at the same time, I am not fool enough not to know that the first priority is us and our dynamic inside the team that will create and facilitate the support of our fans. That is down to the quality of our performance.”

Monty92
02-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Or at least modified it a little ..

“I want the fans to be behind the team. But at the same time, I am not fool enough not to know that the first priority is us and our dynamic inside the team that will create and facilitate the support of our fans. That is down to the quality of our performance.”

What you jibbering on about now?

redgunamo
02-09-2017, 12:25 PM
What you jibbering on about now?

In the past, I've always got the impression He was rather dismissive of the ability of supporters to influence our performances. Unless it suited Him..

Ash
02-09-2017, 12:28 PM
In the past, I've always got the impression He was rather dismissive of the ability of supporters to influence our performances. Unless it suited Him..

Does anyone care what he says any more? Before every game we have great spirit, belief and are mentally strong. When we lose we then lacked a little bit mentally ....

Pat Vegas
02-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Does anyone care what he says any more? Before every game we have great spirit, belief and are mentally strong. When we lose we then lacked a little bit mentally ....

Exactly. There is no point listening to him.

Monty92
02-09-2017, 12:34 PM

Think you need to read the quote again. Where does he say anything about the ability of supporters to influence our performances?

Monty92
02-09-2017, 12:35 PM

He says that to convince the team that it's true, not to convince us. Obviously.

Pat Vegas
02-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Think you need to read the quote again. Where does he say anything about the ability of supporters to influence our performances?

This bit I think
I am not fool

:mrt:

redgunamo
02-09-2017, 12:39 PM

I'm fascinated by the fact that actually all managers, in all circumstances, each sing the same song. Even the younger ones. I do cling, though, to the idea that Wenger is different, however he *has* been in the same job for a very long time.

Now He seems to be in a similar position to Robert de Niro, in the sense that when he (de Niro) goes to hang around with policemen, say, in order to study their behaviour in preparation for a role, he will discover that those same officials have actually modelled their behaviour on his, and have been doing so for years. By now, he will clearly know more about being a cop than the cops themselves do :-\

redgunamo
02-09-2017, 12:41 PM

NOT in this quote, no. I'm saying He has referred to the phenomenon in the past.

Sir C
02-09-2017, 12:46 PM

That's only because you've been listening to him for 20 years.

redgunamo
02-09-2017, 12:47 PM
He says that to convince the team that it's true, not to convince us. Obviously.

No. The team knows full well that it makes no difference.

I think He's trying to convince us that He is convinced, even though He knows we know He isn't, that He can't be, that He doesn't need to be.

redgunamo
02-09-2017, 12:50 PM
That's only because you've been listening to him for 20 years.

Right :nod:

Luis Anaconda
02-09-2017, 12:57 PM

:hehe: It's like the African Cup of Nations all over again in the naive defending stakes

redgunamo
02-09-2017, 01:35 PM
:hehe: It's like the African Cup of Nations all over again in the naive defending stakes

Yes, I realise it's not the sermon on the mount in the light of the temple or anything. Nonetheless, I think it's interesting.

So there.