PDA

View Full Version : To hell with Muslim debates and Arsenal controversy, can we all agree that 'Becks'

World's End Stella
02-08-2017, 09:35 AM
looks a right c*nt?

Matthew Syed wrote a pretty strong article defending him but, at the very least, surely his comment about a knighthood or they can go f*ck themselves makes him look the shallow, egotistical tw@t he has spent so much time trying to convince us he isn't?

The game is up Becks. It's all an act, just as many of us suspected it was. The fact that you are married to that media obsessed, image conscious, insanely vain, stick insect was a bit of a giveaway imo.

What say ye, AWIMB? :judge:

Burney
02-08-2017, 09:51 AM
looks a right c*nt?

Matthew Syed wrote a pretty strong article defending him but, at the very least, surely his comment about a knighthood or they can go f*ck themselves makes him look the shallow, egotistical tw@t he has spent so much time trying to convince us he isn't?

The game is up Becks. It's all an act, just as many of us suspected it was. The fact that you are married to that media obsessed, image conscious, insanely vain, stick insect was a bit of a giveaway imo.

I think that if you leaked anyone's private communications you could make them look a cvnt. :shrug:

I can understand his frustration. He was Britain's most high-profile international sportsman for more than a decade, did huge amounts for charity, etc, but had watch as other, less illustrious sports people had honours dished out left, right and centre. If you care about that sort of thing, I can certainly see how it might rankle - particularly if you suspect there's an element of snobbery about it.

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 09:53 AM
looks a right c*nt?

I'm not ashamed to say he's on my like list.
along with other figures such as Gordon Ramsay.

Pokster
02-08-2017, 09:54 AM
I think that if you leaked anyone's private communications you could make them look a cvnt. :shrug:

I can understand his frustration. He was Britain's most high-profile international sportsman for more than a decade, did huge amounts for charity, etc, but had watch as other, less illustrious sports people had honours dished out left, right and centre. If you care about that sort of thing, I can certainly see how it might rankle - particularly if you suspect there's an element of snobbery about it.

That is David Beckham OBE who is complaining about others getting honours.......

redgunamo
02-08-2017, 09:55 AM
looks a right c*nt?

Not an awful lot to dislike about the fellow, imo. Good man.

Sir C
02-08-2017, 10:04 AM
looks a right c*nt?

One can well imagine his desire to feel accepted by the establishment. Given his vast wealth, he spends his time mixing with the rich and the powerful, knowing that he will never really be one of the, because of his background. All that's left for him to achieve is acceptance into the gang.

Poor bloke.

Burney
02-08-2017, 10:05 AM
That is David Beckham OBE who is complaining about others getting honours.......

Jessica Ennis is a Dame for doing well in a minority sport and having a nice bum, ffs! Andy Murray is a knight for wining a couple of majors.

Beckham - whatever you think of him - was England captain, our most high-profile and internationally-recognised sportsman, a fine ambassador for our national sport and the nation and all he's got is a poxy OBE. I can understand his frustration is what I'm saying.

World's End Stella
02-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Jessica Ennis is a Dame for doing well in a minority sport and having a nice bum, ffs! Andy Murray is a knight for wining a couple of majors.

Beckham - whatever you think of him - was England captain, our most high-profile and internationally-recognised sportsman, a fine ambassador for our national sport and the nation and all he's got is a poxy OBE. I can understand his frustration is what I'm saying.

I think my suspicion about the bloke is largely driven by who he married and produced four children with.

I'm struggling to believe that the person he wants us to believe he is, could have done that. So basically, Posh Out!

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 10:18 AM
I think my suspicion about the bloke is largely driven by who he married and produced four children with.

I'm struggling to believe that the person he wants us to believe he is, could have done that. So basically, Posh Out!

Nothing wrong with a woman coming into your life and having a good influence on you.

I even pay into a pension these days. :shrug:

redgunamo
02-08-2017, 10:19 AM

Everyone's fancied a pop star, haven't they?

Ash
02-08-2017, 10:20 AM
One can well imagine his desire to feel accepted by the establishment. Given his vast wealth, he spends his time mixing with the rich and the powerful, knowing that he will never really be one of the, because of his background. All that's left for him to achieve is acceptance into the gang.

Poor bloke.

Somewhat reminiscent of Julius Beer, who built himself the largest tomb in Highgate Cemetary, employing the best architects and craftsmen, and positioned it in from of the view from the balcony in front of St Michael's to obstruct the then view of London (now behind trees) in a big Eff You gesture.

"Beer was born into poverty in Frankfurt and determined to make his fortune. He dealt on the London Stock Exchange and became proprietor of The Observer newspaper. However, being Jewish and a foreigner and having earned his wealth by commercial success rather than inheritance, he always felt ostracised by Victorian high society."

http://cemeteryexplorers.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/mausoleum-with-pyramid-top-in-highgate.html
http://www.victorianweb.org/art/architecture/cemeteries/16.html

World's End Stella
02-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Everyone's fancied a pop star, haven't they?

Not one like that.

An utterly appalling woman imo. And about as sexy as a broom handle. Which isn't surprising given that she has a remarkable resemblance to one. The only time I've really respected Beckham is when he shagged around with the Spanish bisexual woman.*

*NTTAWWI

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Not one like that.

An utterly appalling woman imo. And about as sexy as a broom handle. Which isn't surprising given that she has a remarkable resemblance to one. The only time I've really respected Beckham is when he shagged around with the Spanish bisexual woman.*

*NTTAWWI

I was watching some Spice girls vids on MTV the other day.
They were pretty crap looking back.

Posh probably the best won at the time.

redgunamo
02-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Not one like that.

*NTTAWWI

That's just splitting hairs, imo. She's rich, fertile and a celebrity :shrug:

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 10:25 AM
That's just splitting hairs, imo. She's rich, fertile and a celebrity :shrug:

and it was the combination of them both that made her as big as she was.
Yes the spice girls were huge but she was just a member of them, When she got with him him she became even bigger.

the deal works for both of them.

Ash
02-08-2017, 10:26 AM

Though if you subtract your low respect for 'lesser sports', those two have been actually much better at their respective sports than Sir David. Being captain of England is, to channel Jorge (PBUI) for a moment, like being the tallest dwarf in the pantomime.

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Though if you subtract your low respect for 'lesser sports', those two have been actually much better at their respective sports than Sir David. Being captain of England is, to channel Jorge (PBUI) for a moment, like being the tallest dwarf in the pantomime.

yeah but he had 'passion'

the forbidden word.

Pokster
02-08-2017, 12:42 PM

I agree, they both became the world best at their chosen sport...

SWv2
02-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Let's be honest, the whole thing just underlines and highlights how fúcking stupid the whole honours thing is in your UK.

redgunamo
02-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Let's be honest, the whole thing just underlines and highlights how fúcking stupid the whole honours thing is in your UK.

Everyone says that though, until they get within range of receiving one themselves. This is especially true for the K.

Burney
02-08-2017, 01:19 PM
I agree, they both became the world best at their chosen sport...

Same could be said of Phil 'The Power' Taylor. Where's his knighthood?

redgunamo
02-08-2017, 01:41 PM

Well, quite. The committee clearly *are* a bunch of ****s.

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 01:44 PM

Well Ronnie O'Sullivan has an OBE.

Pokster
02-08-2017, 01:47 PM

Which doesn't make them getting an award wrong.... so perhaps he deserves something, but Beckham is moaning he hasn't got a knighthood, he has an OBE the greedy ****

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 01:48 PM
Which doesn't make them getting an award wrong.... so perhaps he deserves something, but Beckham is moaning he hasn't got a knighthood, he has an OBE the greedy ****

Yeah but it means you are on the same level as Arsene Wenger :hide:

Pokster
02-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Yeah but it means you are on the same level as Arsene Wenger :hide:

Didn't he get the closest to a knighthood a foreign bod can get? So did GH I believe

Luis Anaconda
02-08-2017, 01:53 PM

Went the same way as his MBE, which was annulled when he convicted of indecent assault in 2001, I would imagine

SWv2
02-08-2017, 01:56 PM
Didn't he get the closest to a knighthood a foreign bod can get? So did GH I believe

Gerard Houllier?

Anyway Terry Wogan got a Sir and he was foreign, so did Geldof.

redgunamo
02-08-2017, 01:56 PM

https://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1359234/geri-halliwell.jpg?w=400

Pokster
02-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Gerard Houllier?

But the Irish are really part of us :hide:

Burney
02-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Gerard Houllier?

Sir Terry wasn't foreign. Born pre-1949 and therefore a British patrial.

The other two were honorary knighthoods, not proper wons.

Burney
02-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Went the same way as his MBE, which was annulled when he convicted of indecent assault in 2001, I would imagine

Was he? :hehe: Dirty Welsh bugger. Fair enough, bad example, but the point stands that merely being the best in your field isn't enough to guarantee a knighthood. Hell, Murray isn't even the best in his field.

Pokster
02-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Was he? :hehe: Dirty Welsh bugger. Fair enough, bad example, but the point stands that merely being the best in your field isn't enough to guarantee a knighthood. Hell, Murray isn't even the best in his field.

I would suggest being the first Brit to win Wimbledon since Biff+ was a boy, being the only man to retain the Olympic Gold and being ranked as World number 1 is good enough

Burney
02-08-2017, 02:34 PM
I would suggest being the first Brit to win Wimbledon since Biff+ was a boy, being the only man to retain the Olympic Gold and being ranked as World number 1 is good enough

Clearly it's 'good enough', but my problem - and I would guess Beckham's - is that the criteria for 'good enough' are completely mystifying and utterly arbitrary.

Pokster
02-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Clearly it's 'good enough', but my problem - and I would guess Beckham's - is that the criteria for 'good enough' are completely mystifying and utterly arbitrary.

Aren't all awards like that?... Bobby Moore never got one which is far worse.

Hard to write down what makes someone the correct person to get a certain award, so has to be on a case by case basis, and DB obviously doesn't deserve one in the eyes of the establishment

SWv2
02-08-2017, 02:42 PM

Only man to retain the Olympic Gold.

Is he not the only person ever to win the Olympic Gold given how long it has existed as a discipline?

Burney
02-08-2017, 02:45 PM

Hard to write down what makes someone the correct person to get a certain award, so has to be on a case by case basis, and DB obviously doesn't deserve one in the eyes of the establishment

The problem has arisen from them handing out gongs far too early in people's lives just because they won something. Nobody ought to be knighted until at least their 50s and it's possible to take a longer view of their achievements.

Ash
02-08-2017, 02:50 PM

Which footballers have? Bobby Charlton. Um ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_personalities_with_British_honour s

Not many. And none for being a succesful commercial BRAND.

SWv2
02-08-2017, 02:52 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_personalities_with_British_honour s

Not many. And none for being a succesful commercial BRAND.

Frank Lampard OBE.

Good lord.

Hold on, Steve Bull. For services to Wolves I assume.

Pokster
02-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Only man to retain the Olympic Gold.

Is he not the only person ever to win the Olympic Gold given how long it has existed as a discipline?

well obviously not you daft bugger...it's been in 15 of them... ancient, then a break and since the 1988 games

Burney
02-08-2017, 02:54 PM

Not many.

Little doubt that has a large amount to do with class.

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Frank Lampard OBE.

Good lord.

Hold on, Steve Bull. For services to Wolves I assume.

Sol Campbell FGY

SWv2
02-08-2017, 02:58 PM
well obviously not you daft bugger...it's been in 15 of them... ancient, then a break and since the 1988 games

Well blow me over.

Luis Anaconda
02-08-2017, 03:24 PM
The problem has arisen from them handing out gongs far too early in people's lives just because they won something. Nobody ought to be knighted until at least their 50s and it's possible to take a longer view of their achievements.
Spot on.
To be fair to Murray, he said much the same thing but realised if he had turned it down it no doubt it would have got out somehow given how they tend to leak like sieves these days and caused even more of a fuss

Ash
02-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Sol Campbell FGY

One of AWIMB's most brutal and spectacularly un-PC epithets.

Burney
02-09-2017, 09:41 AM
Spot on.
To be fair to Murray, he said much the same thing but realised if he had turned it down it no doubt it would have got out somehow given how they tend to leak like sieves these days and caused even more of a fuss

Oh, yes. It's all part of this ghastly nonsense of governments desperately trying to ride the zeitgeist these days and show how in touch they are by being seen to honour anyone who's done anything of note in the last six months.

Like so many bad things, it's Tony Blair's fault.

Burney
02-09-2017, 09:42 AM
One of AWIMB's most brutal and spectacularly un-PC epithets.

:hehe: Yes. And the funniest thing is that it's about one of our own players (nominally, at least).