PDA

View Full Version : WES - look at these UK Muslim poll stats from our national papers all from major poll

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-08-2017, 07:05 AM
companies like ICM, populus, yougov etc.

I hate doing this, but I was shocked when I was having an argument on the Graun. I wanted to find one figure and kept digging because I couldn't believe what I found:

60% want Sharia Law
20% agreed with 7/7
32% of students support killing for Islam
32% of 16-24 year olds believe apostates should be killed
24% believe suicide bombings are justified
36% of the young believe this
5% wouldn't report a terror that they knew was going to happen
18% of students wouldn't report an attack
25% don't believe they have an obligation to do so
37% believe that Jesus in Britain are legitimate targets
13% support Al Qaeda attacks on America
18% would be proud or indifferent into family member joined AQ
78% believe the publishers of the cartoons should be punished
68% what's the arrest and persecution or anyone that insults Islam
10% support honour killings
20% that honour violence is acceptable
66% don't believe the holocaust ever happened
61% believe that homosexuals should be punished
62% do not believe in the protection of free-speech
81% consider themselves Muslims not Britons
31% Muslims in Britain identify more with Muslims in other countries than with non-Muslim Brits.

I can dig up all the sources if you wish.

As I say these sources are all reputable, from the well known polling companies, and include the BBC and the Graun (that's where the sharia figure at the top is from.)

You asked Berni whether more than 50% wanted to overthrow western civilisation. Well, my idea of British civilisation meant that we had the rule of law, not a legal system where the word of a woman is worth half that of a man, where people could be gay, where we have free speech, that you can draw cartoons and you can disagree with other's beliefs.

Seems over 50% of GB Muslims don't agree with these points.

However, I also thought we should remain a member of the EU and over 50% of Brits were happy to overthrow that.

I so wish these stats weren't true. But the polling seems to come up with similar figures all the time.

Trevor Phillips came up with the term "Islamophobia" but he now says it can't go on like this. ffs 1 in 3 think apostates should be killed. I mean, you get given a religion as a baby, but as an adult decide this isn't for you and that should be a death sentence?

02-08-2017, 07:05 AM
ok, I admit I may be a little prejudiced. On my very first trip to India in '94-5, the first place I went was Muslim Kashmir, and after 2 weeks there I spent a month in Buddhist Ledakh, and the difference in the way women were treated and behaved has affecetd me ever since. {And in 40 trips there since, nothing has changed my mind.}

Going onto the owners houseboat in Kashmir to look for him, and walking into a room with his 4/5 teenage/early 20s granddaughters who shrieked and covered their faces. I just spoke with as warm a tone of voice as poss, and said "Oh, it's allright. I was just looking for Ahmed for a cuppa." They didn't understand what I was saying, but they sussed I wasn't offended, and slowly took their hands from their faces and then started giggling with each other. Honestly, they weer shocked to find a man wasn't offended to see them.

I saw 3 women on the streets of a capital city of 700k people in the 2 weeks I was there, all in full garb with mesh eyes. In Ledakh, women were everywhere. I was drinking in a tiny chang (booze) bar every night the sixe of a living room, with one local pisshead and 3 Punjabi policemen. In the evening, if we got rowdy, the wife of the owner would tell us to calm down and we'd all obey.

Trying to buy puff in Ledakh, we met a Kashmiri who took us into his house to send off his cousin to get it. He said "I know you 3. You're stayng in my hotel, the X. Fatima {who ran it} is my wife. {She was c.50.} You know, I make so much money from that hotel, I buy this home. 2nd home means 2nd wife. {He pointed at her doing the cooking.} When I get to 60, I get 3rd home and get a shapely 18 year old. {Makes curvey body sign with his hands.} Good, eh?}

While when we left Ledakh, we ended up on the roof of a local bus one evening, and as we bounced on the road, we'd fall into the laps of the old Tibetan women, who'd shriek hysterically saying the equivalent of "Don't fancy yours much" to each other as we smacked into their tits.

So yeah, I've felt their religion has a serious problem since long before 9/11. But I didn't make up the stats that the Beeb and Graun et al published.

Luis Anaconda
02-08-2017, 09:20 AM

I hate doing this, but I was shocked when I was having an argument on the Graun. I wanted to find one figure and kept digging because I couldn't believe what I found:

60% want Sharia Law
20% agreed with 7/7
31% Muslims in Britain identify more with Muslims in other countries than with non-Muslim Brits.

As I say these sources are all reputable, from the well known polling companies, and include the BBC and the Graun (that's where the sharia figure at the top is from.)

You asked Berni whether more than 50% wanted to overthrow western civilisation. Well, my idea of British civilisation meant that we had the rule of law, not a legal system where the word of a woman is worth half that of a man, where people could be gay, where we have free speech, that you can draw cartoons and you can disagree with other's beliefs.

However, I also thought we should remain a member of the EU and over 50% of Brits were happy to overthrow that.

I so wish these stats weren't true. But the polling seems to come up with similar figures all the time.

Trevor Phillips came up with the term "Islamophobia" but he now says it can't go on like this. ffs 1 in 3 think apostates should be killed. I mean, you get given a religion as a baby, but as an adult decide this isn't for you and that should be a death sentence?

Well, even a cursory examination of one of those stats shows it to be utter *******s.

20% agreed with 7/7

From the Telegraph (I assume it was this poll as the figures match)
The ICM opinion poll also indicates that a fifth have sympathy with the "feelings and motives" of the suicide bombers who attacked London last July 7, killing 52 people, although 99 per cent thought the bombers were wrong to carry out the atrocity.

There is a wealth difference between what is said there and what you have put above

02-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Well, even a cursory examination of one of those stats shows it to be utter *******s.

20% agreed with 7/7

The ICM opinion poll also indicates that a fifth have sympathy with the "feelings and motives" of the suicide bombers who attacked London last July 7, killing 52 people, although 99 per cent thought the bombers were wrong to carry out the atrocity.

There is a wealth difference between what is said there and what you have put above

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

02-08-2017, 10:48 AM
When asked if free speech should be protected, even if it offends religious groups, 62 percent of British Muslims say No, it should not.

NOP on CH4

dunno who CBS is, mind.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/many-british-muslims-put-islam-first/

02-08-2017, 10:48 AM
http://www.policyexchange.org.uk/images/publications/living%20apart%20together%20-%20jan%2007.pdf

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 10:51 AM

60% want Sharia Law
20% agreed with 7/7

This is impossible. it doesn't add up to 100!

02-08-2017, 10:52 AM
I don't know who Pew are either but they seem to crop up a lot. Are they septic nazis?

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/04/worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-full-report.pdf

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 10:53 AM

20% agreed with 7/7

"20% agreed with 7/7" what was the question? :hehe: Perhaps they thought it was mathematical.

02-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Though this is comres for the Beeb, so I trust that.

http://www.comresglobal.com/polls/bbc-radio-4-today-muslim-poll/

02-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Times:

• More than half (52 per cent) of Muslims believed that homosexuality should be illegal in Britain.

• Nearly a quarter (23 per cent) of Muslims wanted Sharia to replace British law in some parts of the country.

• Nearly two in five (39 per cent) Muslims thought that wives should always obey their husbands.

• Nearly one in three (31 per cent) Muslims believed it was acceptable to have more than one wife.

• Five per cent of Muslims sympathised with people who took part in stoning adulterers.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4730825.ece

02-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Sun:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2308529/half-british-muslims-would-not-report-is-supporters/

02-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Mirror, 1.5m Brits support Isis. Doesn't say who from:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/muslim-leader-isis-supporting-brits-disenfranchised-6018357

Luis Anaconda
02-08-2017, 11:00 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

yes - that is the same poll. Feeling sympathy with someone's views is not the same as "agreeing" with the attack, as you seem to state. A fairly easy way to establish that would be if we had a figure saying how many people thought it was wrong. Oh wait we do - 99%. The one per cent are obviously ****s though

02-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Telegraph, though this one isn't about GB, it's Palestinians. I just wanted to check the link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/12051848/More-than-two-thirds-of-Palestinians-support-knife-attacks-against-Israelis.html

Pat Vegas
02-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Telegraph, though this one isn't about GB, it's Palestinians. I just wanted to check the link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/12051848/More-than-two-thirds-of-Palestinians-support-knife-attacks-against-Israelis.html

****ing hell man calm down.

02-08-2017, 11:05 AM
This is a DM headline so it will prob be *******s. I didn't ceck ebyond that, or if the link actually worked, as I was having an argument, but I saved the links and stats.

1 in 3 British Muslim students back killing for Islam and 40% want Sharia law

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340599/WikiLeaks-1-3-British-Muslim-students-killing-Islam-40-want-Sharia-law.html

Luis Anaconda
02-08-2017, 11:10 AM
This is a DM headline so it will prob be *******s. I didn't ceck ebyond that, or if the link actually worked, as I was having an argument, but I saved the links and stats.

1 in 3 British Muslim students back killing for Islam and 40% want Sharia law

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340599/WikiLeaks-1-3-British-Muslim-students-killing-Islam-40-want-Sharia-law.html

Possibly you should stop providing links if even you think it is *******s

02-08-2017, 11:11 AM
****ing hell man calm down.

Sorry. Back to what I was doing. Aplogies.

I'll just post the last one I c&ped:

Twenty-eight percent hope for the U.K. one day to become a fundamentalist Islamic state. This comports with last year's Daily Telegraph newspaper survey that found one-third of British Muslims believe that Western society is decadent and immoral and that Muslims should seek to end it.

The news is no less alarming on the question of freedom of speech. Seventy-eight percent support punishment for the people who earlier this year published cartoons featuring the Prophet Mohammed. Sixty-eight percent support the arrest and prosecution of those British people who "insult Islam." When asked if free speech should be protected, even if it offends religious groups, 62 percent of British Muslims say No, it should not.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/many-british-muslims-put-islam-first/

though I don't know who this cbs are. They claim it's a tg poll. Anyway. Peace and love. I'll pop back if we ever win a game again. {Might need a midfield for that. What does one of those look like again? I've forgotten.}