PDA

View Full Version : Good news. Today is a day of zero tolerance to FGM.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 02:54 PM
I wonder whether we shouldn't display zero tolerance towards FGM every day, of course. Apparently the NHS treats a victim every day in this country, and we still haven't managed to secure a prosecution. I suppose arresting barbarians wielding knives is racist.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-06-2017, 02:56 PM
I wonder whether we shouldn't display zero tolerance towards FGM every day, of course. Apparently the NHS treats a victim every day in this country, and we still haven't managed to secure a prosecution. I suppose arresting barbarians wielding knives is racist.

Fat Gay Men?

Burney
02-06-2017, 02:57 PM

The pathetic excuse is that it is difficult to prove unless you catch someone in the act. Personally, I would think that if a child presents to hospital with severe genital injuries, that in itself would be reason enough to prosecute the parents, but apparently not.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 02:59 PM
The pathetic excuse is that it is difficult to prove unless you catch someone in the act. Personally, I would think that if a child presents to hospital with severe genital injuries, that in itself would be reason enough to prosecute the parents, but apparently not.

Yes, but surely witnesses are keen to come forward to assist the police in prosecuting this medieval barbarism?

Oh.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Fat Gay Men?

Fanny hacking innit.

Mo Britain less Europe
02-06-2017, 03:03 PM
I am pretty sure the same liberal bunch who want respect for the burkha would argue that FGM is a cultural and lifestyle choice.

AFC East
02-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Yes, but surely witnesses are keen to come forward to assist the police in prosecuting this medieval barbarism?

Oh.

Religion rules by fear. The muslims are just a little more medieval in their approach. If we regarded all of them for what they are, basically a ****ing protection racquet, we'd get a lot further. BTW, does this mean that tomorrow we go back to tolerating FGM?

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 03:10 PM

I am a bit confused.
I went for lunch. I've returned and from what I read it seems I should have visited a mosque and now I don't know what FGM is.

:-(

Sir C
02-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Religion rules by fear. The muslims are just a little more medieval in their approach. If we regarded all of them for what they are, basically a ****ing protection racquet, we'd get a lot further. BTW, does this mean that tomorrow we go back to tolerating FGM?

Yes, I wondered about that. Of course, looking at the number of prosecutions for the offence, it would appear that we do tolerate it, yes.

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 03:15 PM
I expect the difficulty is that virtually every case of FGM is done at the request of or, at the very least, with the compliance of the parent. Children tend to be averse to having their parents sent to jail.

Mind you, I had my son circumcised, Charles. You don't want to send me to jail, do you? :-(

Sir C
02-06-2017, 03:19 PM
I expect the difficulty is that virtually every case of FGM is done at the request of or, at the very least, with the compliance of the parent. Children tend to be averse to having their parents sent to jail.

Mind you, I had my son circumcised, Charles. You don't want to send me to jail, do you? :-(

One suspects that other people are aware of what is going on, but choose to remain silent. One suspects this is true of other matters within the community in question.

I'm not really a fan of having one's child's genitals butchered, really.

AFC East
02-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Yes, I wondered about that. Of course, looking at the number of prosecutions for the offence, it would appear that we do tolerate it, yes.

Assuming the Imam is the cutter, it's probably a tough call for someone who has just been mutilated by the representative of Allah (ffs) to report the crime.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Assuming the Imam is the cutter, it's probably a tough call for someone who has just been mutilated by the representative of Allah (ffs) to report the crime.

There will be plenty of others within the family and community who know exactly what has happened.

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 03:22 PM
One suspects that other people are aware of what is going on, but choose to remain silent. One suspects this is true of other matters within the community in question.

I'm not really a fan of having one's child's genitals butchered, really.

If it makes you feel better, he seems a very well adjusted boy, does well in school, likes football and loves his father dearly. And I'm sure the infection in his todger will go away at some point in his life. All good.

AFC East
02-06-2017, 03:24 PM
There will be plenty of others within the family and community who know exactly what has happened.

But doesn't the same apply? I am not condoning their silence, merely trying to understand it. It's entirely a muslim community problem, and I am not sure how those on the outside can really change anything. Well aside from zero tolerance day, that'll do it.

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 03:28 PM
But doesn't the same apply? I am not condoning their silence, merely trying to understand it. It's entirely a muslim community problem, and I am not sure how those on the outside can really change anything. Well aside from zero tolerance day, that'll do it.

Is that true? I thought the practice was largely confined to some part of north eastern Africa and spanned all religions in that area.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Is that true? I thought the practice was largely confined to some part of north eastern Africa and spanned all religions in that area.

Here is what that well known right wing Islamophobic mainstay The Independent says.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/female-genital-mutilation-fgm-case-per-hour-uk-nhs-circumcision-a7564571.html