PDA

View Full Version : I am convinced that Gary Neville has his

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
02-06-2017, 02:07 PM
eye on the Wenger's job?

There was something a little disingenuous about his outrage at my mate's banner that was held up. I personally thought "Fvck off Wenger you Cleuso sounding old tit" was reasonably balanced suggestion :shrug:

I think Gaz is smart enough to know that Wenger will have a big say in who his successor will be - in about ten years of course.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 02:12 PM
eye on the Wenger's job?

There was something a little disingenuous about his outrage at my mate's banner that was held up. I personally thought "Fvck off Wenger you Cleuso sounding old tit" was reasonably balanced suggestion :shrug:

I think Gaz is smart enough to know that Wenger will have a big say in who his successor will be - in about ten years of course.

Oh God, not another muggy banner :-(

What is it about our club that attracts so many drooling retards? I mean, I know every club has morons in tow, football after all being essentially a working class game, but it appears that a sizeable majority of our supporters are educationally subnormal and permanently angry. Man, don't they get exhausted from being so angry?

And there's no point claiming it was ever thus. When I started going to football there was anger, aggression and violence a-plenty, all directed at the opposition. Amongst our own there was a great deal of dry humour and not a little resignation. (Also plenty of racism tbh.)

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 02:18 PM

What is it about our club that attracts so many drooling retards? I mean, I know every club has morons in tow, football after all being essentially a working class game, but it appears that a sizeable majority of our supporters are educationally subnormal and permanently angry. Man, don't they get exhausted from being so angry?

And there's no point claiming it was ever thus. When I started going to football there was anger, aggression and violence a-plenty, all directed at the opposition. Amongst our own there was a great deal of dry humour and not a little resignation. (Also plenty of racism tbh.)

Nobody's actually angry, I think. Or anyway, it's just footballistic anger and not part of any wider social malaise.

02-06-2017, 02:19 PM
but it appears that a sizeable majority of our supporters are educationally subnormal and permanently angry.

Muggy bone'eads Chas = s'wot they are.

My perception is that we have a surfeit of middle class tossers at the Arab Bowl. The same tossers who applauded Henry for missing a pelanty in the last season at Highbury. I mean, if you can't give a player a good, loud cvnting when he misses a pelanty what on earth have we come to?

Anyone got any idea what the banner said?/

Sir C
02-06-2017, 02:24 PM

My perception is that we have a surfeit of middle class tossers at the Arab Bowl. The same tossers who applauded Henry for missing a pelanty in the last season at Highbury. I mean, if you can't give a player a good, loud cvnting when he misses a pelanty what on earth have we come to?

I'd say it depends on how you define 'middle class'. I know of plenty of season ticket holders who easily afford their £1,000 a year football habit, but cab drivers and their spawn are NOT middle class, nor will they be for 3 or 4 generations of decent education.

I haven't seen or heard anything of this banner. But it probably contains spelling errors.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Nobody's actually angry, I think. Or anyway, it's just footballistic anger and not part of any wider social malaise.

There's that bloke who everyone laughs about on Arsenal fan tv, wossisname, Claude. He's so angry he tried to off himself, didn't he?

I'd say that's pretty fúcking angry.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 02:25 PM

**** off, Gary Neville, you ****, I think.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 02:29 PM
There's that bloke who everyone laughs about on Arsenal fan tv, wossisname, Claude. He's so angry he tried to off himself, didn't he?

I'd say that's pretty fúcking angry.

Yes, but only with regards to football. It's not real. Anyway, not *really* real.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 02:32 PM
Yes, but only with regards to football. It's not real. Anyway, not *really* real.

Have you ever got into a black cab and mentioned the jews?

These people are angry, I tell you.

AFC East
02-06-2017, 02:47 PM

What is it about our club that attracts so many drooling retards?

A lot of them were raised with a silver spoon in their mouth from a football perspective. They expect to win the league. I suspect we have a slightly more educated fan base than some clubs. Not that general intelligence translates to understanding football.

I doubt anybody here has believed Wenger would win the league again for some time, but it's only a game, hardly worth making a banner over.

Burney
02-06-2017, 02:52 PM

Perhaps the lack of racism is the problem? Now that it's no longer socially acceptable to direct their impotent rage at the coloureds or the jews or what have you, these people are forced to find a new target - and it happens to be our own team and manager?

Burney
02-06-2017, 02:55 PM
A lot of them were raised with a silver spoon in their mouth from a football perspective. They expect to win the league. I suspect we have a slightly more educated fan base than some clubs. Not that general intelligence translates to understanding football.

I doubt anybody here has believed Wenger would win the league again for some time, but it's only a game, hardly worth making a banner over.

I really can't think of anything that would induce me to make a banner, take it out in public and wave it about in the manner of a potty-training toddler proudly showing off its own excrement. I mean the very act is narcissistic to the point of personality disorder.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Perhaps the lack of racism is the problem? Now that it's no longer socially acceptable to direct their impotent rage at the coloureds or the jews or what have you, these people are forced to find a new target - and it happens to be our own team and manager?

By golly I think you've cracked it! We simply need to convince everyone to gather around a new hate figure to take the heat off Arsene.

How about The Donald? He can cope with the abuse.

Burney
02-06-2017, 03:01 PM
By golly I think you've cracked it! We simply need to convince everyone to gather around a new hate figure to take the heat off Arsene.

How about The Donald? He can cope with the abuse.

No. I think they probably mostly like him. Maybe Piers Morgan? Everyone thinks he's a cünt - even people who agree with him.

AFC East
02-06-2017, 03:01 PM
I really can't think of anything that would induce me to make a banner, take it out in public and wave it about in the manner of a potty-training toddler proudly showing off its own excrement. I mean the very act is narcissistic to the point of personality disorder.

Well I do understand that some people are passionate about 'issues', but I tend to agree with you. I also feel the same about people who write in to 'complain'. Seriously, get a life.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 05:57 PM

On the other hand, displaying banners is simply what football supporters *do*. We all applaud Inter or Boca Juniors supporters when they do it :shrug:

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Have you ever got into a black cab and mentioned the jews?

These people are angry, I tell you.

Bit of a gasbag, I'm afraid to say. They rarely get a word in.

Maybe that's why they're angry :rubchin:

redgunamo
02-07-2017, 08:52 AM
eye on the Wenger's job?

Neville seems confused, to me. Wearing his celebrity-footballer hat obviously he understands that it's not nice to have groups of fans violently bantering you off, threatening the new paintwork on your car and so on. As a pundit though, he really wants Wenger Out! just so they all have something new, different to talk about.

He critisises the way we play and the profile of our (Wenger's) players, but then in the next breath, attributes it all to us not being able to afford French second division midfield generalis like N'Golo Kanté.

Thing is, he talks so much that he's bound to contradict himself. Alot.

02-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Neville seems confused, to me. Wearing his celebrity-footballer hat obviously he understands that it's not nice to have groups of fans violently bantering you off, threatening the new paintwork on your car and so on. As a pundit though, he really wants Wenger Out! just so they all have something new, different to talk about.

He critisises the way we play and the profile of our (Wenger's) players, but then in the next breath, attributes it all to us not being able to afford French second division midfield generalis like N'Golo Kanté.

Thing is, he talks so much that he's bound to contradict himself. Alot.

I am convinced he will succeed as a manager or could be but I fear the punditry sofa may prove far too comfortable and well paid for him to consider leaving it. Why subject yourself to being c*nted off by 60,000 muggy boneheads every week with the additional delight of the media continually triggering rumours about your imminent dismissal?

redgunamo
02-07-2017, 09:54 AM
I am convinced he will succeed as a manager or could be but I fear the punditry sofa may prove far too comfortable and well paid for him to consider leaving it. Why subject yourself to being c*nted off by 60,000 muggy boneheads every week with the additional delight of the media continually triggering rumours about your imminent dismissal?

I agree. There's nothing in it for a former player with any kind of reputation.

Unless there's an offer from a big club with a large budget, it's far better to stay clear. Neville himself would have been alright had he failed at Real Madrid, rather than Valencia, imo. Just like Ryan Giggs would've obviously jumped at the chance to manage Manchester United. But Swansea City? Not so much.