View Full Version : If it comes down to only keeping one of Ozil or Sanchez

Billy Goat Sverige
02-06-2017, 12:14 PM
which one do you keep?

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 12:15 PM
which one do you keep?

Tough question.
Ozil is more flexible as he could have a good relationship with a Sanchez replacement.

IUFG
02-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Sanchez, as good as he is, is turning into an arm flapping whinger.

Ozil, is off the boil at the moment.

in short, keep Ozil.

SWv2
02-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Ozil.

PSRB
02-06-2017, 12:59 PM
which one do you keep?

Ozil

10 characters

Ash
02-06-2017, 01:02 PM
which one do you keep?

Mezut Ozil.
Mezut Ozil.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 01:05 PM
Mezut Ozil.
Mezut Ozil.

Do you think if either leave a similar 'superstar' signing will be made to replace them?
Or will Arsenal try fix it with internal solutions?

This is the confusing part of the past few years. When we didn't spend it made sense then we started spending and haven't really improved that much. It did feel there has been a change now we've past that weird phase and now we are ready to compete.
I still believe with the actual talent we do have we didn't have to spend as much as the rivals. but getting the best out of the team is a different matter. It's not the first time either that big name signings at arsenal or wons with little promise all of a sudden to go backwards or seem disinterested.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Drop the money on a striker, whoever it is.

which one do you keep?

PSRB
02-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Do you think if either leave a similar 'superstar' signing will be made to replace them?
Or will Arsenal try fix it with internal solutions?

This is the confusing part of the past few years. When we didn't spend it made sense then we started spending and haven't really improved that much. It did feel there has been a change now we've past that weird phase and now we are ready to compete.
I still believe with the actual talent we do have we didn't have to spend as much as the rivals. but getting the best out of the team is a different matter. It's not the first time either that big name signings at arsenal or wons with little promise all of a sudden to go backwards or seem disinterested.

Will all depend on if finish top 4, imo

Billy Goat Sverige
02-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Will all depend on if finish top 4, imo

Because we won't be able to attract the player or because we won't have the money to?

Ash
02-06-2017, 01:37 PM
I still believe with the actual talent we do have we didn't have to spend as much as the rivals. but getting the best out of the team is a different matter.

I don't think we're getting the most out of the players we've got, but then I'm probably biased and think some of our players are better than they are.

The Foxes showed us that with a bit of luck and a good diver in the box you can completely defy the money odds, but that was certainly an anomoly, and as likely as hens teeth. Overturning a lesser financial margin is possible though. Look how well Spurs are going (*realising that they might by overspending their energy levels / drug cheating*).

Mo Britain less Europe
02-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Trouble with Alexis is his ego is getting in the way. A midfielder who scores lots of goals is rare indeed. But if he's playing up front then some of that advantage kind of disappears because you expect a forward to score goals.

I would buy the best goalscorer we can afford who'll come with us. That is what we've lacked since Titi left (apart from Adebayor's one good season).

Tony C
02-06-2017, 01:51 PM
to be honest with you...they can both go.

Ozil served his purpose. Token 'big' signing to appease the fans who were baying for blood because we hadn't signed anyone.

Alexis - surely at some point he's going to start to picking up injuries / slow down.

Won't mind cashing in on both and blowing it all on Griezemann.

I think with the right balance of players we can overcome not having these 2 players.

PSRB
02-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Because we won't be able to attract the player or because we won't have the money to?

More the former, the latter will also be used as a reason

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 02:09 PM
to be honest with you...they can both go.

Ozil served his purpose. Token 'big' signing to appease the fans who were baying for blood because we hadn't signed anyone.

Alexis - surely at some point he's going to start to picking up injuries / slow down.

Won't mind cashing in on both and blowing it all on Griezemann.

I think with the right balance of players we can overcome not having these 2 players.

The Grease Man seems to be doing alright so far, but we won't know how good he really is until he's been
elbowed in the face and seen the referee tell him to get up and stop being a homo.

I mean, does he fancy it, does he like the rough stuff? In short, does he like it up him?

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 02:10 PM
More the former, the latter will also be used as a reason

Why couldn't we buy Kante from Caen, P. Why? :-(

PSRB
02-06-2017, 02:30 PM

I assume he thought he wouldn't play much and then went to Chelsea for moola

SWv2
02-06-2017, 02:40 PM

I think the alleged attempt to buy him from Leicester last summer is curious given we had already committed to buying Xhaka very early in the summer, and having signed Elneny only 3 months earlier. It does kind of ask the question as to what his plan or vision for that area of the team is, or indeed if he has a plan other than accumulating players.

Mind you he allegedly now has tried to sign Kante + Mahrez and we all know how we dodged a bullet on Vardy so let’s just be grateful he didn’t make bids for Schmeichel, Drinkwater and Huth.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 02:46 PM
I think the alleged attempt to buy him from Leicester last summer is curious given we had already committed to buying Xhaka very early in the summer, and having signed Elneny only 3 months earlier. It does kind of ask the question as to what his plan or vision for that area of the team is, or indeed if he has a plan other than accumulating players.

Mind you he allegedly now has tried to sign Kante + Mahrez and we all know how we dodged a bullet on Vardy so let’s just be grateful he didn’t make bids for Schmeichel, Drinkwater and Huth.

:hehe: Good points.

Although Drinks and Vards can play a bit :hide:

AFC East
02-06-2017, 02:49 PM
which one do you keep?

Sanchez. I'd genuinely enjoy watching Ozil play in a better team.

Tony C
02-06-2017, 03:04 PM
maybe have a chat with Pep and swap one of them for Leroy Sane.

I'm quite smitten with Leroy...absolutely destroyed us when he move to central position. the lad is as close to Henry as you're ever to get.