PDA

View Full Version : I am not concerned if Spurs finish above us or somehow win the league.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Rather than looking at other teams I think we should concentrate on our club.

I've of interest for this season I will not be wasting any more time watching.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 10:38 AM
Rather than looking at other teams I think we should concentrate on our club.

I've of interest for this season I will not be wasting any more time watching.

You'll get interested again when we've knocked Bayern Munich out.

Burney
02-06-2017, 10:41 AM

:hehe: Do you think Bayern are as bored of playing us as we are of playing them or do you think they just see it as a pretty much guaranteed win?

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 10:43 AM

'It would just be like Arsenal'

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 10:45 AM
:hehe: Do you think Bayern are as bored of playing us as we are of playing them or do you think they just see it as a pretty much guaranteed win?

If I was them. I would just think let Arsenal do their thing and we'll get our chances easily and it will all be over.

Burney
'It would just be like Arsenal'

Yeah, I used that line before the Chelsea game :-(

Sir C

Cynicism aside, I suspect that there are other teams they'd rather face. I'm not sure they see us as a pushover.

Mind you, when they check our recent results they'll have a good chuckle, won't they? :hehe:

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I used that line before the Chelsea game :-(

It doesn't work anymore :-( for a few years now.

surely the season can't be completely dead. not without a quick flash of false hope.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Cynicism aside, I suspect that there are other teams they'd rather face. I'm not sure they see us as a pushover.

Mind you, when they check our recent results they'll have a good chuckle, won't they? :hehe:

I bet they all gather around and mock our 2nd leg efforts.

'Not gut enough, Close by nein Zigarre Arsenal of London :hehe:'

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 10:49 AM

Tough one. I think naturally they'd rather have been drawn to play us, rather than Real Madrid, but equally they'd prefer to go out to Real Madrid rather than us. If you follow me.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Tough one. I think naturally they'd rather have been drawn to play us, rather than Real Madrid, but equally they'd prefer to go out to Real Madrid rather than us. If you follow me.

:nod: Like Sutton

Just Trent
02-06-2017, 10:51 AM

surely the season can't be completely dead. not without a quick flash of false hope.

We won't lose at Sutton. There you go P :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 10:53 AM

Of course.

but not without injury

Sir C
02-06-2017, 10:53 AM

Well that's fúcking jinxed that, then.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 10:58 AM
:nod: Like Sutton

Yeah, seeing them celebrate the draw the other day brought that old Burton's Menswear commercial to mind. Do you remember the one?

"We've drawn Arsenal away."

"Alright, lads. Put 'em back."

Times have changed, man :-(

Burney
02-06-2017, 10:58 AM

My greatest concern now is that Arsene doesn't leave at the end of this season. Not because I'm a 'Wengerahhhhht!' type, but because I fear it'll get very unpleasant if he does stay. :-(

Ash
02-06-2017, 11:01 AM
Yeah, seeing them celebrate the draw the other day brought that old Burton's Menswear commercial to mind. Do you remember the one?

"We've drawn Arsenal away."

"Alright, lads. Put 'em back."

Times have changed, man :-(

I remember that. :nod: Didn't remember the company though, as we used to call BRANDS in those days. :-\

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 11:04 AM
I remember that. :nod: Didn't remember the company though, as we used to call BRANDS in those days. :-\

I'd forgotten the "brand" too, until I hunted the video down on youtube.

It seems to have gone now though.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 11:04 AM

Dunn and Co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WmJ0h9PEsf0#t=8

You can still see a bit of the Dunn and Co painted advert at the end of White Lion Street.

Just Trent
02-06-2017, 11:08 AM
Of course.

but not without injury

Good grief. Can you imagine our lot and their ankles, on that Astroturf nonsense? We'll be subbing the subs again. Thank goodness Rosicky isn't around anymore. That would've finished him off.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 11:08 AM
My greatest concern now is that Arsene doesn't leave at the end of this season. Not because I'm a 'Wengerahhhhht!' type, but because I fear it'll get very unpleasant if he does stay. :-(

I seem to recall you were among the very first Wenger Outers, a sort of preliminary tactical assault unit :sherlock:

It's no good trying to wriggle out of it now, I'm afraid. You will have hounded Him out.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Dunn and Co

You can still see a bit of the Dunn and Co painted advert at the end of White Lion Street.

Thank you. My mistake.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Dunn and Co

" .. Sell my striker to pay the bills." :-|

Ash
02-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Dunn and Co

The MCC and Lords have historical roots in White Lion Street, Islington. There used to be a cricket club there, but some of the gentlemen did not appreciate the attention of elements of the lower order citizens who watched the game. One Thomas Lord was tasked with finding a new ground, and it was to Marylebone (Dorset Square) that they went. Later they would move to St Johns Wood, to Lords as we know it.

Burney
02-06-2017, 11:17 AM
I seem to recall you were among the very first Wenger Outers, a sort of preliminary tactical assault unit :sherlock:

It's no good trying to wriggle out of it now, I'm afraid. You will have hounded Him out.

I may have suggested it in pique or mischief occasionally, but never pretended I thought it was a really good idea. Now I'm more in sorrow than in anger about the whole thing.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 11:24 AM
I may have suggested it in pique or mischief occasionally, but never pretended I thought it was a really good idea. Now I'm more in sorrow than in anger about the whole thing.

You once argued that you'd like him gone because he's been around for years and you just fancied a change. :hehe:

Burney
02-06-2017, 11:26 AM
You once argued that you'd like him gone because he's been around for years and you just fancied a change. :hehe:

It's true. That came under 'mischief'.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 05:54 PM
It's true. That came under 'mischief'.

Mischief or no, little did you realise that you would start a movement.

It just goes to show, one cannot be too careful. I just hope you're satisfied with yourself.