PDA

View Full Version : There are arguments both ways as to whether Bellerin was fouled, however one thing is

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 09:27 AM
clear, anyone that says something like 'he needed to be stronger there' is an utter c*nt of the highest order who clearly needs a new hobby.

Hector did nothing wrong. Credit to Chelsea for the movement off the ball that created the situation where Bellerin had to mark Costa and Theo needs a slap for not bothering to track Alonso, but Hector did all that he could.

Not sure who the muppet on Radio 5 was that said that, Danny Mill maybe. Scum that he is.

Sir C
02-06-2017, 09:32 AM
clear, anyone that says something like 'he needed to be stronger there' is an utter c*nt of the highest order who clearly needs a new hobby.

Hector did nothing wrong. Credit to Chelsea for the movement off the ball that created the situation where Bellerin had to mark Costa and Theo needs a slap for not bothering to track Alonso, but Hector did all that he could.

Not sure who the muppet on Radio 5 was that said that, Danny Mill maybe. Scum that he is.

Well, you say that there are arguments both ways, but to be honest I'd be interested in reading the argument that a forearm smash is a legal manouevre on a football pitch at any time. WWE, maybe. Football, not so much.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Well, you say that there are arguments both ways, but to be honest I'd be interested in reading the argument that a forearm smash is a legal manouevre on a football pitch at any time. WWE, maybe. Football, not so much.

It would have been better if he did hit him WWE style.

PSRB
02-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Totally, Llorente got booked for less against City.

Also, how the hell did Mata not get a red for his shocking tackle? Xhaka would have been deported if he'd done it. That's 3x stick on red cards they've got away with this season

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 09:35 AM

I'm not so sure - Alonso looked only at the ball and his arms weren't in an unusual position for someone that was jumping for the ball.

If we had a goal disallowed for that I'd be pretty irritated.

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 09:35 AM

Also, how the hell did Mata not get a red for his shocking tackle? Xhaka would have been deported if he'd done it. That's 3x stick on red cards they've got away woth this season

:nod: Mourinho's endless moaning is beginning to take effect, just as it did with Ferguson.

Pokster
02-06-2017, 09:37 AM
I'm not so sure - Alonso looked only at the ball and his arms weren't in an unusual position for someone that was jumping for the ball.

If you hit the other player with your arm/elbow before you hit the ball with your head it's a foul....

PSRB
02-06-2017, 09:38 AM

I would suggest that if you knock someone unconcious, by default that's dangerous play and therefore a foul and a card

Sir C
02-06-2017, 09:40 AM

Alonso could have been looking at your mum's balls for all the difference it makes. He knocked an opposing player unconscious with his forearm. If that isn't a definition of dangerous play, I'm not sure what it.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
02-06-2017, 09:41 AM
Alonso could have been looking at your mum's balls for all the difference it makes. He knocked an opposing player unconscious with his forearm. If that isn't a definition of dangerous play, I'm not sure what it.
Quite.
https://twitter.com/howllnd/status/828029299181633537

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 09:43 AM
I would suggest that if you knock someone unconcious, by default that's dangerous play and therefore a foul and a card

I would want my player to score the goal and knock the defender out, if necessary, and then let the officials disallow it, if they dare. It's certainly worth a try, if you're playing at home.

There's the thing; they have simply been much more cynical than us for years, basically since Abramovich arrived there.

SWv2
02-06-2017, 09:44 AM
If you hit the other player with your arm/elbow before you hit the ball with your head it's a foul....

Was it before?

I have no issue with the goal for the record.

A very unfortunate (for Hector) coming together but I cannot see how the Chelsea player jumps in any other way. I have seen terms such as forearm smash and flailing arms but not for me.

Footballers will collide, it is unavoidable. The perception of dangerous cannot be given based on the outcome or injury but the action and Alonso was 100% right to go for the ball, his jump was such was not careless nor dangerous. Would people expect Gary Cahill to be carded when his action smashed Ryan Mason’s skull two weeks ago in what was a much serious (accidental) collision.

The one issue I do recognise and as touched upon by PRSB is the inconsistency of judgement where I watched the City game yesterday and saw Llorente get carded for such an act, though Mike Dean was at pains to point out the card was in fact for his third offence, the totting up logic.

PSRB
02-06-2017, 09:45 AM
I would want my player to score the goal and knock the defender out, if necessary, and then let the officials disallow it, if they dare. It's certainly worth a try, if you're playing at home.

There's the thing; they have simply been much more cynical than us for years, basically since Abramovich arrived there.

It's definitely something Alonso does, he tried to do Gabriel as well later in the game with exactly the same jump and got away with that one as well

Pokster
02-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Was it before?

I have no issue with the goal for the record.

A very unfortunate (for Hector) coming together but I cannot see how the Chelsea player jumps in any other way. I have seen terms such as forearm smash and flailing arms but not for me.

Footballers will collide, it is unavoidable. The perception of dangerous cannot be given based on the outcome or injury but the action and Alonso was 100% right to go for the ball, his jump was such was not careless nor dangerous. Would people expect Gary Cahill to be carded when his action smashed Ryan Mason’s skull two weeks ago in what was a much serious (accidental) collision.

The one issue I do recognise and as touched upon by PRSB is the inconsistency of judgement where I watched the City game yesterday and saw Llorente get carded for such an act, though Mike Dean was at pains to point out the card was in fact for his third offence, the totting up logic.

Yes, it certainly was before... which is why it is a foul imo

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 09:49 AM

As a ref, you would've disallowed that?!

GLWTPIMO.

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 09:50 AM

Well, strictly speaking that isn't true though, is it? You can knock a player unconscious and it could be his foul. Equally, you could not even touch another player and be sent off for intent.

Sometimes contact is going to happen, there are 20 people running around out there. I saw the replay multiple times and was still undecided. Two players jumped for the ball, one a little higher than the other, they came together, both were trying to play the ball, the contact did not look deliberate to me.

As I said, you could make an argument either way. As many are. Danny Mills is unquestionably a c*nt, though.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 09:51 AM
It's definitely something Alonso does, he tried to do Gabriel as well later in the game with exactly the same jump and got away with that one as well

I've said for years, I wish Olivier would do it :-\

Pokster
02-06-2017, 09:53 AM
As a ref, you would've disallowed that?!

GLWTPIMO.

Yes.... if that happens anywhere else on the piych it is a free kick and nobody would complain

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Well, strictly speaking that isn't true though, is it? You can knock a player unconscious and it could be his foul. Equally, you could not even touch another player and be sent off for intent.

Sometimes contact is going to happen, there are 20 people running around out there. I saw the replay multiple times and was still undecided. Two players jumped for the ball, one a little higher than the other, they came together, both were trying to play the ball, the contact did not look deliberate to me.

As I said, you could make an argument either way. As many are. Danny Mills is unquestionably a c*nt, though.

The game itself must always be more important than the laws of the game, in any case. If he doesn't score, I'd give a foul.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 09:59 AM
like your mum.

Who cares what happens anywhere else on the pitch.

Yes.... if that happens anywhere else on the piych it is a free kick and nobody would complain

Dorset Gooner
02-06-2017, 10:04 AM

Also, how the hell did Mata not get a red for his shocking tackle? Xhaka would have been deported if he'd done it. That's 3x stick on red cards they've got away with this season

As Mourinho says there are different rules for them! Also add to the mix that sending an Arsenal player off is easier form a media backlash point of view & there you have it.

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 10:04 AM
I've just watched it on youtube again - Alonso's arm is just below shoulder height at the time of contact and he heads the ball at the same time as contact with Bellerin occurs. If he did make contact with Bellerin first it was microseconds ahead of the ball, no way the ref isn't going to allow that goal.

SWv2
02-06-2017, 10:07 AM
And if Giroud scored the goal then every person complaining would find a perfectly justifiable logic for the goal to stand.

The goal, while the major debating point of the day, is a mere side issue all the same and is fodder for people who like to seek excuses not just in football but in life.

I on the other hand seek out solutions.

We had a few moments in the first half but in general we were comprehensively outplayed. We were of course missing players but in general we arguably had 9 of our first choice 11 on the pitch. Isolated passages of play such as Theon for the first goal and Coquelin for the second goal hint at issues beyond basic error (Cech for the third goal).

In summary, Wenger out.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 10:16 AM
And if Giroud scored the goal then every person complaining would find a perfectly justifiable logic for the goal to stand.

The goal, while the major debating point of the day, is a mere side issue all the same and is fodder for people who like to seek excuses not just in football but in life.

I on the other hand seek out solutions.

We had a few moments in the first half but in general we were comprehensively outplayed. We were of course missing players but in general we arguably had 9 of our first choice 11 on the pitch. Isolated passages of play such as Theon for the first goal and Coquelin for the second goal hint at issues beyond basic error (Cech for the third goal).

In summary, Wenger out.

He says He tried to buy Kante when he (Kante) was still at Caen :-|

Burney
02-06-2017, 10:21 AM

:hehe: Dear old AW. He really ought to know by now that offering 37p and half a bag of Cheese and Onion Discos for a player isn't the same as 'trying to buy' him.

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 10:22 AM

Yes, that's possibly because he would have been cheap then.

Kante and Matic ran the game for me, if we had players like that we would get the best out of Mesut. But that's about £50mil on defensive midfielders. I find myself wondering how much money Wenger has spent in that area over the course of his tenure with us.

Gilberto was about 5mil? Elneny the same. Song might have cost us 2 or 3mil as well I think.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 10:23 AM

A missive from Wenger from years ago comes to mind; something to the power of, "when you're a young player, you only look at the ball. You are not looking at your opponent's elbows."

That is what Hector did "wrong". The whole bunch of us need to be more cold, cynical and suspicious.

In fairness, that was poor play all round, the whole thing was bad.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 10:24 AM

Kante and Matic ran the game for me, if we had players like that we would get the best out of Mesut. But that's about £50mil on defensive midfielders. I find myself wondering how much money Wenger has spent in that area over the course of his tenure with us.

Gilberto was about 5mil? Elneny the same. Song might have cost us 2 or 3mil as well I think.

Cheap enough for Leicester City, at any rate.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 10:25 AM

No. The only one who can get the best out of Mesut is Cristiano Ronaldo, I'm afraid.

Burney
02-06-2017, 10:26 AM

Pauvre Caen :-(

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 10:28 AM
No. The only one who can get the best out of Mesut is Cristiano Ronaldo, I'm afraid.

It is a matter of degrees, red. Sanchez could come pretty close if they both had the right people around them.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 10:31 AM
It is a matter of degrees, red. Sanchez could come pretty close if they both had the right people around them.

He needs to **** off back to Barcelona then, imo. Or go to Real Madrid or Juventus.

Alexis is wonderful but he is not a bayonet tip.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
02-06-2017, 01:55 PM

Dunno wes, I reckon he just need to be a bit stronger there

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Dunno wes, I reckon he just need to be a bit stronger there

Hi Danny :wave:

Luis Anaconda
02-06-2017, 02:26 PM

Not every person - I am sure I can't think of one person on here who would take an opposite view as he normally does

SWv2
02-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Not every person - I am sure I can't think of one person on here who would take an opposite view as he normally does

:sherlock:

German bastárd.

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 02:53 PM

German bastárd.

:nod: They hate the French.

Mo Britain less Europe
02-06-2017, 03:02 PM
It was definitely a foul by the way. Arguably a sending-off offence too.

World's End Stella
02-06-2017, 03:05 PM

German bastárd.

I thought he was talking about himself there, SW

Luis Anaconda
02-06-2017, 03:19 PM
I thought he was talking about himself there, SW

I widely agree with your view on the matters expressed here, wes - quite a hard call. But since it was Chelsea scum on our Hector then :redcard: for me, Clive.

I'll see your Danny Mills and raise you a Garth Crooks though - that hateful **** described it as a great challenge. Accidental or not if you concuss someone like that it is not a great challenge

SWv2
02-06-2017, 03:22 PM
I widely agree with your view on the matters expressed here, wes - quite a hard call. But since it was Chelsea scum on our Hector then :redcard: for me, Clive.

I'll see your Danny Mills and raise you a Garth Crooks though - that hateful **** described it as a great challenge. Accidental or not if you concuss someone like that it is not a great challenge

I read Crooks at lunchtime in his Team of the Week thing and thought he had over egged it a little.

Luis Anaconda
02-06-2017, 03:32 PM
I read Crooks at lunchtime in his Team of the Week thing and thought he had over egged it a little.

To make that retarded point and then accuse Wenger of losing the plot for suggesting it was a foul was just silly.

And this is priceless

"However, the difference between Mata and Xhaka was that no-one was hurt. Had Mata inflicted damage then that would have provided a different dynamic for the referee."

Can't quite recall how long the Burnley player was out for