PDA

View Full Version : Apart from the first goal (was a foul imo) G Neville got everything else spot on

Pokster
02-06-2017, 08:48 AM
you can't have both full backs pushing up the field and leaving Hazard and Pedro a free run at our CB's, it was shocking the way we set up and unfortunately there is only 1 person to blame and that is AW... I do hope he leaves at the end of the season with his head held high and we move onto the next chapter of AFC.. IF he is given a new 2 year contract, can anyone see us changing what we have done for the last 10 years or so and actually challenge for the title.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 08:57 AM
you can't have both full backs pushing up the field and leaving Hazard and Pedro a free run at our CB's, it was shocking the way we set up and unfortunately there is only 1 person to blame and that is AW... I do hope he leaves at the end of the season with his head held high and we move onto the next chapter of AFC.. IF he is given a new 2 year contract, can anyone see us changing what we have done for the last 10 years or so and actually challenge for the title.

I find it very boring that our season is over in February ever year. It doesn't need to be this way.

Pokster
02-06-2017, 08:59 AM
I find it very boring that our season is over in February ever year. It doesn't need to be this way.

When you do the same thing over and over and it doesn't work then surely you need to change at some stage?

Rich
02-06-2017, 08:59 AM

I think he summarised well regarding Wenger and Arsenal. If he was delivering the results at Liverpool or Utd instead of Klopp/Jose then people would say that he's doing a great job.

I think that it's time for a change now, not that I disappointed with results (realistically we shouldn't consistently finishing above Utd, City and Chelsea). But just that it's a bit boring. We know what to expect every week. We know that we'll finish 2nd - 4th etc etc.

I've only ever known Wenger as Arsenal manager and so it'll be sad to see him go. But a fresh approach is required now. Sure, it may well mean that we drop out of the top 4. But at least it'll be something different.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
02-06-2017, 09:02 AM
When you do the same thing over and over and it doesn't work then surely you need to change at some stage?
You do indeed. Who do you replace him with though? No chance we'll get Simeone - who else is realistically available? Or do we take a punt on someone like Eddie Howe?

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 09:03 AM

Which is also the definition of insanity.

But as a business if they are happy with doing the same thing over and over nothing will change.

However the fans do the power with their wallets.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 09:05 AM
You do indeed. Who do you replace him with though? No chance we'll get Simeone - who else is realistically available? Or do we take a punt on someone like Eddie Howe?

As moving to the Emirates was to make us a big club. I'd be very underwhelmed with Eddie Howe.
as good as he may be he's spend most of his career in the Championship.

Pokster
02-06-2017, 09:10 AM
I think he summarised well regarding Wenger and Arsenal. If he was delivering the results at Liverpool or Utd instead of Klopp/Jose then people would say that he's doing a great job.

I think that it's time for a change now, not that I disappointed with results (realistically we shouldn't consistently finishing above Utd, City and Chelsea). But just that it's a bit boring. We know what to expect every week. We know that we'll finish 2nd - 4th etc etc.

I've only ever known Wenger as Arsenal manager and so it'll be sad to see him go. But a fresh approach is required now. Sure, it may well mean that we drop out of the top 4. But at least it'll be something different.

It's not our job to know who the club should get..... there are rumours Allegri wants to join, and I am sure there are a lot of managers who would want ot manage one of the richest clubs in world football. As has been pointed out there is nobody on the board who has the experience to hire or fire a manager, so the staus quo is the obvious (but wrong) way to go

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-06-2017, 09:19 AM

What we didn't do is make ourselves hard to beat. Having full backs that high at only 1-0 in the first half was asking for trouble. But for some poor final balls (Costa and Pedro), we could have been 3-0 down at half time.

We also had chances that we didn't take. At this level and in this type of game, you can't afford to miss those, particularly the Gabriel chance.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 09:20 AM
It's not our job to know who the club should get..... there are rumours Allegri wants to join, and I am sure there are a lot of managers who would want ot manage one of the richest clubs in world football. As has been pointed out there is nobody on the board who has the experience to hire or fire a manager, so the staus quo is the obvious (but wrong) way to go

Someone needs to tell Kroenke that if we are a bit better he can make even more monies.

02-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Someone needs to tell Kroenke that if we are a bit better he can make even more monies.

Strange way to spell 'fùck right off and take that fùcking syrup with him'.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 09:22 AM
What we didn't do is make ourselves hard to beat. Having full backs that high at only 1-0 in the first half was asking for trouble. But for some poor final balls (Costa and Pedro), we could have been 3-0 down at half time.

We also had chances that we didn't take. At this level and in this type of game, you can't afford to miss those, particularly the Gabriel chance.

It's like we turn up to every single game exactly the same. Whislt it works the majority of the time on teams below us it clearly doesn't work with our top 4/6 rivals as we generally have poor results in those fixtures.

Pat Vegas
02-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Strange way to spell 'fùck right off and take that fùcking syrup with him'.

Wenger might go but Kroenke will not. Unfortunately we are stuck with him.

We can't even do being taken over a by a Billionaire properly :hehe:

02-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Wenger might go but Kroenke will not. Unfortunately we are stuck with him.

We can't even do being taken over a by a Billionaire properly :hehe:

It's probably the thing that irrationally annoys me more than anything about AFC at the mo. Unless you're being bankrolled by oligarchs or oil money, it really makes fùck all difference who owns the club. There's just something intensely irritating about Kroenke and his involvement in the club though :shrug:

IUFG
02-06-2017, 09:50 AM
in short, Wenger out!

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 10:05 AM
It's like we turn up to every single game exactly the same. Whislt it works the majority of the time on teams below us it clearly doesn't work with our top 4/6 rivals as we generally have poor results in those fixtures.

Before the weekend, our record against the top six was similar to Chelsea's :shrug:

We've thrown this title away against Watford and Bournemouth and so on.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-06-2017, 11:13 AM
Before the weekend, our record against the top six was similar to Chelsea's :shrug:

We've thrown this title away against Watford and Bournemouth and so on.

It isn't about the title. It is about doing the right things on the pitch to get the best result possible. We can't even think about winning the title until we get the basics sorted.

Mo Britain less Europe
02-06-2017, 11:21 AM

There is no point in being one of the richest clubs in the world on paper if we don't use the money in practice. The problem is that though we are one of the richest clubs in the world there are at least three clubs richer than us in the premiership which means our natural position is.....4th!!!

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 11:25 AM
It isn't about the title. It is about doing the right things on the pitch to get the best result possible. We can't even think about winning the title until we get the basics sorted.

I agree 100%. Footballistically, we could easily (imo.) do a Leicester City. But then what would've been the point of moving to the Emirates :-\

redgunamo
02-06-2017, 11:26 AM
There is no point in being one of the richest clubs in the world on paper if we don't use the money in practice. The problem is that though we are one of the richest clubs in the world there are at least three clubs richer than us in the premiership which means our natural position is.....4th!!!

Yes, good point. It's not us, it's the competition.

That is, if it is, indeed, all about money.

Tony C
02-06-2017, 11:49 AM
take you didn't see the video clip from after the Leicester-United game where he changed his opinion to Wenger In....

said -

the grass isn't greener
Wenger should be praised for his philosophy and top 4 performances
Wenger should get 2 years more
AFTV fans and people who disagree are anti arsenal and idiots.

-

I've got a simple opinion on this won...if you're consistently failing to get the best out of your team then your position is massively under threat.

the issue in previous season has been that he's had his hands tied, forced to sell and didn't have a strong squad but that has changed.

FFS we had to loan Wilshere out for season because he wasn't going to get a game.

Another issue is that our vision isn't aligned with the board's. They see top 4 as success so can't phantom why where all so upset.

Someone needs to grow a pair and just let him go in the summer and get Simeone in!

-

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-06-2017, 01:17 PM
I agree 100%. Footballistically, we could easily (imo.) do a Leicester City. But then what would've been the point of moving to the Emirates :-\

To sustain it. But it is all about taking it one step at a time. We need to play in a way that makes us difficult to play against. We need to make life difficult for opponents and with our superior qualities further forward, we should be able to pick teams off. That doesn't mean playing negative, it means playing with responsibility. Once we build an air of confidence and other teams see us as hard to beat, it plays in to our own hands. A top team can have the game won before they step out on to the pitch. The titles will then (hopefully) follow. At least we are more likely to be in the mix and challenge.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-06-2017, 01:22 PM
It's probably the thing that irrationally annoys me more than anything about AFC at the mo. Unless you're being bankrolled by oligarchs or oil money, it really makes fùck all difference who owns the club. There's just something intensely irritating about Kroenke and his involvement in the club though :shrug:

I don't particularly like Kronke but I'd take him over Usmanov any day.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-06-2017, 01:25 PM

Liverpool?