PDA

View Full Version : Muesli and cereal and all that sort of thing is basically rabbit food, isn't it.

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 08:08 AM
#NotMyBreakfast #BlackBreakfastsMatter :-|

Sir C
02-03-2017, 08:18 AM

There is a place for that sort of stuff, of course. It should be ground into flour and made into the honest bread which encapsulates your steak.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
02-03-2017, 08:22 AM
It's a breakfast for tree-huggers and homos, redg. Not an awimb breakfast.

Burney
02-03-2017, 09:18 AM

Yes. It's nonsense dreamed up by cranks, teetotallers, Europeans and other dangerous lunatics. Hopefully, muesli will be made illegal once we trigger Article 50.

IUFG
02-03-2017, 09:18 AM
S+EMcM is the breakfast of champions imo

Sir C
02-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Yes. It's nonsense dreamed up by cranks, teetotallers, Europeans and other dangerous lunatics. Hopefully, muesli will be made illegal once we trigger Article 50.

Cornflakes were invented to stop the scourge of masturbation, I believe. I'm not sure how successful this was, of course.

Burney
02-03-2017, 09:23 AM

I always look pityingly at any man who fails to order the Double S+EMcM, though. Why would you do that?

Burney
02-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Cornflakes were invented to stop the scourge of masturbation, I believe. I'm not sure how successful this was, of course.

That's right. I'm not really sure where he saw the link, to be honest. Perhaps he considered it a success if people stopped w@nking long enough to eat a bowl of cornflakes?
He was also keen on giving and receiving yoghurt enemas, so I think that we can safely conclude that, like most prohibitionists, he was a colossal pervert.

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 09:27 AM

Absolutely. Save the British Breakfast, imo.

Luis Anaconda
02-03-2017, 09:27 AM
I always look pityingly at any man who fails to order the Double S+EMcM, though. Why would you do that?

Oh you utter ******* b - just made it into work avoiding getting one and NOW I REALLY NEED ONE.

Pokster
02-03-2017, 09:29 AM

Never had one... never had muesli either

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Oh you utter ******* b - just made it into work avoiding getting one and NOW I REALLY NEED ONE.

Why did you want to avoid getting one? Is the McDonald's on fire?

Sir C
02-03-2017, 09:31 AM

I tried the Burger King version once.

Don't.

SWv2
02-03-2017, 09:32 AM

I sometime will enjoy a cholesterol reducing drink and a plate of fruit followed by porridge. I find it sustains me through most of the day.

On Sundays I "cook" a breakfast, always.

Cereal on occasion may be an evening meal when time is tight.

Muesli can fúck right off at any time of the day. I believe, though I am not 100% sure, that it is the chosen breakfast of the raving puddle jumper.

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 09:32 AM
Never had one... never had muesli either

Are you a rabbit, P? In the pay of the RSPCA perhaps :sherlock:

https://www.rspca.org.uk/de/adviceandwelfare/pets/rabbits/diet/muesli

Burney
02-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Absolutely. Save the British Breakfast, imo.

Take Back Control Of Our Breakfast!

Luis Anaconda
02-03-2017, 09:35 AM
I had white wine for breakfast, r - simply doesn't go

Burney
02-03-2017, 09:36 AM

Don't.

:-( The pallid sausages like dwarves' cocks? The unholy 'omelette' effort? The woeful bread and slick of ketchup?

A very bad business. Never again.

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 09:36 AM
That's right. I'm not really sure where he saw the link, to be honest. Perhaps he considered it a success if people stopped w@nking long enough to eat a bowl of cornflakes?
He was also keen on giving and receiving yoghurt enemas, so I think that we can safely conclude that, like most prohibitionists, he was a colossal pervert.

Yoghurt enemas are wholesome and honest compared to the so-called continental breakfast though, aren't they. Better than actually eating the yoghurt anyway.

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 09:38 AM
I had white wine for breakfast, r - simply doesn't go

Seen. We've all had mornings like that.

Burney
02-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Yoghurt enemas are wholesome and honest compared to the so-called continental breakfast though, aren't they. Better than actually eating the yoghurt anyway.

I quite like Greek yoghurt with bananas and a dash of honey. It's nice in a nursery food sort of way.

Luis Anaconda
02-03-2017, 09:39 AM

and played magnificently by Anthony Hopkins in The Road to Welville

Sir C
02-03-2017, 09:41 AM

Let's be clear though, the finest breakfast of them all is that served by quality hotels in south-east Asia.

Walking into the dining room one is confronted by the mind-boggling array of fruits which demonstrate the extraordinary fecundity of the tropics. Bowls and platters bear the most remarkable of God's gifts, from the familiar pineapples, mangoes, passion fruits and bananas to the dragon fruits, custard apples, the mangosteen, papapaya and rambutan, the pomelo and jackfruit.

Sometimes I gaze in wonder at this cornucopia of deliciousness and take a moment to give thanks to the Good Lord for his bounty.

Then I go and sit down and order eggs Benedict and a Bloody Mary, naturally.

Sir C
02-03-2017, 09:42 AM
:-( The pallid sausages like dwarves' cocks? The unholy 'omelette' effort? The woeful bread and slick of ketchup?

A very bad business. Never again.

I had managed to banish the ghastly details from my mind, b. You have brought them flooding back.

Are you proud of what you have done? :-(

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 09:45 AM
Let's be clear though, the finest breakfast of them all is that served by quality hotels in south-east Asia.

Walking into the dining room one is confronted by the mind-boggling array of fruits which demonstrate the extraordinary fecundity of the tropics. Bowls and platters bear the most remarkable of God's gifts, from the familiar pineapples, mangoes, passion fruits and bananas to the dragon fruits, custard apples, the mangosteen, papapaya and rambutan, the pomelo and jackfruit.

Sometimes I gaze in wonder at this cornucopia of deliciousness and take a moment to give thanks to the Good Lord for his bounty.

Nope, sorry. If I wanted a morning demonstration of fecundity and to remark upon God's gifts, I would've stayed in bed with the wife.

Luis Anaconda
02-03-2017, 09:45 AM
one is confronted by the mind-boggling array of fruits which demonstrate the extraordinary fecundity of the tropics.

I think the Asians are just more effeminate than your average European - no need to be offensive

Burney
02-03-2017, 09:46 AM

I'll have a roti canai with daal to impress upon others what a worldly sophisticate I am.
Then, when they're gone, I'll have eggs benedict from the friendly egg man.

Burney
02-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Nope, sorry. If I wanted a morning demonstration of fecundity and to remark upon God's gifts, I would've stayed in bed with the wife.

Most tropical fruits always taste disappointingly bland. There, I've said it. Indeed, in my experience, the more like something from Science Fiction they look, the blander they taste.

Sir C
02-03-2017, 09:48 AM
I'll have a roti canai with daal to impress upon others what a worldly sophisticate I am.
Then, when they're gone, I'll have eggs benedict from the friendly egg man.

The glw is mad for rice at breakfast time :-(

I'm all for keeping it real, naturally. When travelling I spend 98% of my time keeping it real, for God's sake. But breakfast?

No.

Burney
02-03-2017, 09:50 AM
The glw is mad for rice at breakfast time :-(

I'm all for keeping it real, naturally. When travelling I spend 98% of my time keeping it real, for God's sake. But breakfast?

No.

Rice is obviously wrong and unacceptable. Roti are nice, though, and I've always liked curry for breakfast.

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 09:50 AM
Most tropical fruits always taste disappointingly bland. There, I've said it. Indeed, in my experience, the more like something from Science Fiction they look, the blander they taste.

That's certainly true of any you can actually buy, in hotels and so forth. You need to know people who grow them themselves, for themselves.

Luis Anaconda
02-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Rice is obviously wrong and unacceptable. Roti are nice, though, and I've always liked curry for breakfast.

Rice OUT?!?

SWv2
02-03-2017, 09:54 AM
R ....... I've always liked curry for breakfast.

I am reading this as leftover curry the next morning when perhaps a little hungover. For this I applaud you and concur.

Straight from the silver container using naan as the transporter, bollócks to cutlery. Indeed stood at the door of the open fridge.

Clearly the previous night you ordered far too much as in general "leftover curry" is an oxymoron.

World's End Stella
02-03-2017, 09:56 AM

Don't.

Was it the croissant one? BK used to do their equivalent of SEMcM with the muffin replaced by a croissant.

Twas very nice as I recall.

BTW, do we all agree that a SEMcM absolutely MUST have ketchup added to it? Eaten any other way is deviancy.

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:01 AM
I am reading this as leftover curry the next morning when perhaps a little hungover. For this I applaud you and concur.

Straight from the silver container using naan as the transporter, bollócks to cutlery. Indeed stood at the door of the open fridge.

Clearly the previous night you ordered far too much as in general "leftover curry" is an oxymoron.

Naturally, sw, naturally. The true breakfast of champions. See also: cold Chinese chicken balls dipped in the now-jellified red gloop - also eaten at the fridge door. Heaven.

Sir C
02-03-2017, 10:04 AM

Depends on the setting. Eaten on a terrace under the shade of a palm tree overlooking the beach, everything tastes better, looks more colourful, smells sweeter and is simply better.

SWv2
02-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Depends on the setting. Eaten on a terrace under the shade of a palm tree overlooking the beach, everything tastes better, looks more colourful, smells sweeter and is simply better.

Still fruit all the same.

In summary, it's okay.

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:11 AM

I had a glorious meal alone on the terrace of the Fort Canning Hotel in Singapore. Lobster and a good bottle of wine. I retired to bed thinking how lucky I was. I awoke the next morning to realise I had been eaten alive by insects. Ho-hum.

Sir C
02-03-2017, 10:20 AM
I had a glorious meal alone on the terrace of the Fort Canning Hotel in Singapore. Lobster and a good bottle of wine. I retired to bed thinking how lucky I was. I awoke the next morning to realise I had been eaten alive by insects. Ho-hum.

African defending there b.

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:23 AM
African defending there b.

Yes. I did wonder why I had the terrace to myself. :-(

Sir C
02-03-2017, 10:28 AM

Long trousers, long sleeves and a rub of RID on wrists and ankles and you're golden.

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Long trousers, long sleeves and a rub of RID on wrists and ankles and you're golden.

I realise that now. RID's amazing stuff. I, who normally have some sort of magnetic attraction for mossies, went through an entire holiday in Sicily without a single bite using it.
I mean I assume it'll give me cancer, but it's defiinately worth it.

Sir C
02-03-2017, 10:36 AM
I realise that now. RID's amazing stuff. I, who normally have some sort of magnetic attraction for mossies, went through an entire holiday in Sicily without a single bite using it.
I mean I assume it'll give me cancer, but it's defiinately worth it.

DEFINITELY, yes. The only thing it doesn't defeat is tsetse. :-(

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:41 AM
DEFINITELY, yes. The only thing it doesn't defeat is tsetse. :-(

Don't know what happened there. Sticky keyboard.

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 11:21 AM
http://43g4dd3q94082no2a62j0na118wy.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Bolivar-Super-Coronas-Edicion-Limitada-2014-2.jpg

Tony C
02-03-2017, 12:10 PM
favourite breakfast meal is good old porridge.

Oats are what a Champion Racehorse eats so if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me #pourmoi

Big negative is that it gives me the windiest of farts :clap:

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 12:18 PM
favourite breakfast meal is good old porridge.

Oats are what a Champion Racehorse eats so if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me #pourmoi

Big negative is that it gives me the windiest of farts :clap:

Porridge is good, granted.