PDA

View Full Version : This FA cup game against Sutton.

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 04:50 PM
with their funny pitch and bike shed stand for the away fans. It's a recipe for disaster.

I hope it's a case of let them defend hard and work hard as a team for 5 mins then we beat them 10 nil please with Sanchez getting in a strop as he didn't score an 11th. no ****ing about. A balanced squad with mostly 1st team regulars please.

Lot of big guns left in the cup though.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 06:39 PM
with their funny pitch and bike shed stand for the away fans. It's a recipe for disaster.

I hope it's a case of let them defend hard and work hard as a team for 5 mins then we beat them 10 nil please with Sanchez getting in a strop as he didn't score an 11th. no ****ing about. A balanced squad with mostly 1st team regulars please.

Lot of big guns left in the cup though.

We're going to need eleven bad hombres, imo.

Just Trent
02-02-2017, 08:38 PM
We're going to need eleven bad hombres, imo.

A shame Flamini left. This would've been just his sort of caper.

SWv2
02-03-2017, 09:29 AM

No, 7 or 8 nil at least. Any less and there should be disciplinary action on Tuesday morning 9am.

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 09:41 AM

Yes, indeed. Flamini :love:

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 09:42 AM
No, 7 or 8 nil at least. Any less and there should be disciplinary action on Tuesday morning 9am.

Sutton United would be happy enough with just 1-0 you'd think.

Pat Vegas
02-03-2017, 09:45 AM
Sutton United would be happy enough with just 1-0 you'd think.

I have no idea who this Sutton is,
Also South London doesn't exist to me so I have have no knowledge of this area.

I thought it was Southampton again for a second :shrug:
or Sutton Coldfield where they have the telly aerial

Ash
02-03-2017, 09:55 AM

No, that's Crystal Palace.

I know my South London these days. :-)

SWv2
02-03-2017, 09:56 AM
No, that's Crystal Palace.

I know my South London these days. :-)

Did you take the walk down opposite Battersea Power Station yet?

redgunamo
02-03-2017, 09:57 AM
I understand that back in day when the place was a little more get-down, def, dope and slammin' than it is of even date, it was known commonly as "South Town". Rather like Oak Town (Oakland) or Motown (Detroit), I suppose.

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:06 AM

Basically you head west out of Croydon on the flyover and, when you get to Five Ways, rather than turn left for Wing Yip and the Purley Way, you head right and then left past the old Payne's Poppets factory, through Carshalton and Bob's your uncle.

Hope this helps.

Pat Vegas
02-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Basically you head west out of Croydon on the flyover and, when you get to Five Ways, rather than turn left for Wing Yip and the Purley Way, you head right and then left past the old Payne's Poppets factory, through Carshalton and Bob's your uncle.

Hope this helps.

I always get depressed when I have to go to Gatwick.
It's like a prison.

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:14 AM
I always get depressed when I have to go to Gatwick.
It's like a prison.

I used to travel this route fairly often as I was then enjoying a somewhat illicit liaison with a lady in Carshalton.

I find all airports depressing, to be honest. They are, by definition, places you don't want to be.

Ash
02-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Did you take the walk down opposite Battersea Power Station yet?

Walk down where? I did the Thames Path past there the other week.

Pat Vegas
02-03-2017, 10:18 AM
I used to travel this route fairly often as I was then enjoying a somewhat illicit liaison with a lady in Carshalton.

I find all airports depressing, to be honest. They are, by definition, places you don't want to be.

I often think that surely it can't be that difficult to make airports/flights a little more enjoyable.

If you are not a drinker there are only so many times you can stroll around an overpriced WH Smith or have a look at toblerone displays.

And there must be a better way of boarding people.

Ash
02-03-2017, 10:20 AM

I have been to Carshalton Ponds. The River Wandle is one of the Great Wonders of South London, you know.

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:21 AM
I often think that surely it can't be that difficult to make airports/flights a little more enjoyable.

If you are not a drinker there are only so many times you can stroll around an overpriced WH Smith or have a look at toblerone displays.

And there must be a better way of boarding people.

Well once you are through security, you are basically imprisoned. It's hard to make that experience feel anything other than restrictive.

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:22 AM
I have been to Carshalton Ponds. The River Wandle is one of the Great Wonders of South London, you know.

I lost my virginity in Carshalton Beeches. Beat that.

Pokster
02-03-2017, 10:23 AM
I lost my virginity in Carshalton Beeches. Beat that.

What was his name?

Pat Vegas
02-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Well once you are through security, you are basically imprisoned. It's hard to make that experience feel anything other than restrictive.

I think anyone who is at the security bit putting stuff in the trays and still taking bottles of water out of their bags and ****ing about should be sent back to the beginning of the queue and if they do it again they are banned.

There was some prick with a 2 litre bottle of milk last time. before discarding he proceeded to down a load.
CUNDS :furious:

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:25 AM
What was his name?

A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell, p.

SWv2
02-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Walk down where? I did the Thames Path past there the other week.

I was briefly reading something just this week, Mon-Tue, about a new walkway opened opposite BPS which was open to the public for the first time in 20 or so years.

Right up your street I thought.

Actually, here you go:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/stretch-of-riverside-next-to-battersea-power-station-opens-to-public-for-first-time-since-1930s-a3455296.html

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:28 AM
I think anyone who is at the security bit putting stuff in the trays and still taking bottles of water out of their bags and ****ing about should be sent back to the beginning of the queue and if they do it again they are banned.

There was some prick with a 2 litre bottle of milk last time. before discarding he proceeded to down a load.
CUNDS :furious:

These rules have been in place for over a decade now. Anyone who is unaware of them has to be retarded in some way, don't they?

World's End Stella
02-03-2017, 10:31 AM

Quite right. If we lose this one Wenger should give them three days off. :rolleyes:

Luis Anaconda
02-03-2017, 10:32 AM

But they have bars and stuff, b. You are basically being told to drink

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:36 AM

The problem is that the bars are always so awful. I mean what sort of a cvnt decided putting a Wetherspoons in Gatwick was a good plan? :-(

SWv2
02-03-2017, 10:36 AM

Airport bars are amongst the best places in the world.

Up there with the pyramids and Taj Mahal.

Pat Vegas
02-03-2017, 10:37 AM
The problem is that the bars are always so awful. I mean what sort of a cvnt decided putting a Wetherspoons in Gatwick was a good plan? :-(

£17 quid for a microwaved full English :-(

Sir C
02-03-2017, 10:39 AM

To be fair, that's Gatwick, home of Easyjet and charter flights to Tenerife, so they're catering for their clientele.

A Priority Pass is the answer.

Pat Vegas
02-03-2017, 10:42 AM
To be fair, that's Gatwick, home of Easyjet and charter flights to Tenerife, so they're catering for their clientele.

A Priority Pass is the answer.

I really liked the airport in Tenerife. the south one.

Maybe I was lucky but I was able to go through security extremely quickly, gate opened early, plane left early :cloud9:

Burney
02-03-2017, 10:44 AM
I really liked the airport in Tenerife. the south one.

Maybe I was lucky but I was able to go through security extremely quickly, gate opened early, plane left early :cloud9:

I've never been to Tenerife. Can't imagine I ever will, to be honest. But then I said that about Florida and have had to go there three ****ing times. :cry:

Pat Vegas
02-03-2017, 10:49 AM
I've never been to Tenerife. Can't imagine I ever will, to be honest. But then I said that about Florida and have had to go there three ****ing times. :cry:

Was never on my list of places to go, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but pretty much expected.
Though I did go to a brand new hotel and it was the middle of December so not sure what summer is like.

If I could go there for a week in a reasonably quiet place and just relax it would be quite nice.

Sir C
02-03-2017, 10:55 AM

Florida at least has Miami (well South Beach, really) to recoomend it.

Luis Anaconda
02-03-2017, 10:58 AM
There's one there now that does an awfully good all day breakfast - so you can avoid the wetherspoons

Burney
02-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Florida at least has Miami (well South Beach, really) to recoomend it.

My father in law lives in Jacksonville. He keeps suggesting we visit. He can fvck off imo.

He also doesn't drink and is vocal in his disdain for those who do. Another reason he can fvck off.

Ash
02-03-2017, 11:12 AM
I was briefly reading something just this week, Mon-Tue, about a new walkway opened opposite BPS which was open to the public for the first time in 20 or so years.

Right up your street I thought.

Actually, here you go:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/stretch-of-riverside-next-to-battersea-power-station-opens-to-public-for-first-time-since-1930s-a3455296.html

Ah, the South bank path is open. Good stuff, thanks.

SWv2
02-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Ah, the South bank path is open. Good stuff, thanks.

No problem. Just let me know next time you want to know what is going on in London.