Sir C
02-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Good Trump, imo

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827112633224544256

wd Donald :clap:

Burney
02-02-2017, 04:13 PM
wd Donald :clap:

Shame he can't just machine gun them imo.

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Shame he can't just machine gun them imo.

I can't help but think he would be the ideal Wenger replacement.

Do you think Trump would put up with that we saw at Watford?
Of course he'd get a lot of touchline bans.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 04:27 PM

He could at least buy the club from Kroenke.

Ash
02-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Good Trump, imo

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827112633224544256

Of course, no-platforming speakers is wrong, especially with violence. One wonders what his actual commitment to free speech is though, given his authoritarian impulses. All too often, people only defend free speech when it is saying things they agree with. Genuine defenders of free speech must support the freedom for people to say things they disagree with too.

Burney
02-02-2017, 04:33 PM

He could simply ignore any disciplinary proceedings by denouncing them as fake news. I've taken to doing this when my wife accuses me of not having taken the bins out when I said I would. Thanks The Donald !

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 04:33 PM
Of course, no-platforming speakers is wrong, especially with violence. One wonders what his actual commitment to free speech is though, given his authoritarian impulses. All too often, people only defend free speech when it is saying things they agree with. Genuine defenders of free speech must support the freedom for people to say things they disagree with too.

He doesn't though; everyone knows universities have been taking the piss for years. This is merely a counter-attack.

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 04:36 PM
He could simply ignore any disciplinary proceedings by denouncing them as fake news. I've taken to doing this when my wife accuses me of not having taken the bins out when I said I would. Thanks The Donald !

:hehe: I got my tyrants all mixed up.
When my wife asks if I take I say 'How's about that then?'

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 04:37 PM
He could at least buy the club from Kroenke.

Arsenal Trump Chelsea to win the Treble :cloud9:

Monty92
02-02-2017, 04:42 PM

I very much doubt he has any substantive beliefs about free speech. My guess is that his world view is shaped by his experiences as a businessman. And if you're a businessman, if you think someone is talking sh*t, or being unfair or disparaging towards you, you're unlikely to give a f*ck about their inalienable freedom to do so. You are simply going to shut them down.

The problem is that as a businessman, if you shut people down, few people will complain as it's accepted that it's what tough businessman do when they feel wronged. As President you get benders like us pontificating about free speech.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 04:58 PM
I very much doubt he has any substantive beliefs about free speech. My guess is that his world view is shaped by his experiences as a businessman. And if you're a businessman, if you think someone is talking sh*t, or being unfair or disparaging towards you, you're unlikely to give a f*ck about their inalienable freedom to do so. You are simply going to shut them down.

The problem is that as a businessman, if you shut people down, few people will complain as it's accepted that it's what tough businessman do when they feel wronged. As President you get benders like us pontificating about free speech.

Benders like us didn't vote for or elect him though. Those that did are loving every minute of it. They know he's a businessman.