PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong that the most joy I get from football nowadays is when ManU drop points

World's End Stella
02-02-2017, 03:56 PM
and Jose the Translator loses it with the media while displaying all the rage and paranoia typically associated with the mentally ill?

I did love his wetty last night. Insulting the Sky chap and storming off over, heaven forbid, the away team engaging in a little time wasting.

He's a grade A knob but lord does he do entertainment well.

Sir C
02-02-2017, 04:00 PM
and Jose the Translator loses it with the media while displaying all the rage and paranoia typically associated with the mentally ill?

I did love his wetty last night. Insulting the Sky chap and storming off over, heaven forbid, the away team engaging in a little time wasting.

It's not wrong, it's simply indicative of the relentless negativity of your personality. You don't enjoy it when we win, you enjoy it when you have the opportunity to moan about Ramsey.

In short, you have been warped by a lifetime of struggle and have reached the point where the best thing for you is the blessed relief of the grave.

Monty92
02-02-2017, 04:02 PM

Will he get sacked if they win the Rumbelows and finish, say, 6th?

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 04:25 PM
For what it's worth, I doubt any of the top six managers will get sacked before next Christmas. The "problem" isn't them, it's the competition. The Premier League's hard, man*.

*Your mum is a hard man.

World's End Stella
02-02-2017, 04:34 PM
It's not wrong, it's simply indicative of the relentless negativity of your personality. You don't enjoy it when we win, you enjoy it when you have the opportunity to moan about Ramsey.

In short, you have been warped by a lifetime of struggle and have reached the point where the best thing for you is the blessed relief of the grave.

I don't like tone here at all, Charles. Don't say you didn't ask for it...

Monty92
02-02-2017, 04:35 PM

Shark faced c*nt.

You, not him.

World's End Stella
02-02-2017, 04:35 PM

Doubt it, not this year anyway. His history of winning trophies will give him a few seasons or two, unless he gets the players to do a Chelsea on him.

World's End Stella
02-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Shark faced c*nt.

You, not him.

You have no idea of my beauty, Monty. Which given your deep-seated insecurities is probably a good thing, Bignose.

Sir C
02-02-2017, 04:38 PM

I usually wouldn't bother watching the trophy presentation on the last day of the season, but I'll enjoy watching his delight as he lifts it. He deserves every success.

World's End Stella
02-02-2017, 04:43 PM
I usually wouldn't bother watching the trophy presentation on the last day of the season, but I'll enjoy watching his delight as he lifts it. He deserves every success.

Traitor.

Both of you.

Monty92
02-02-2017, 04:46 PM
You have no idea of my beauty, Monty. Which given your deep-seated insecurities is probably a good thing, Bignose.

Well if you must insist on pixelating those photos you send me.

Ash
02-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Doubt it, not this year anyway. His history of winning trophies will give him a few seasons or two, unless he gets the players to do a Chelsea on him.

I spoke to a Man Utd fan last summer who reckoned that the Chelsea team has a thing in their DNA, as it were, that sees them turfing out managers that they fall out with.

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2017, 04:52 PM

It is entertaining but surely the most joy anyone gets from football is watching Mesut Özil with the ball at his feat :shrug:

World's End Stella
02-02-2017, 04:53 PM
It is entertaining but surely the most joy anyone gets from football is watching Mesut Özil with the ball at his feat :shrug:

You seem to have misspelt 'Jose Antonio Reyes', Luis.

:cry:

World's End Stella
02-02-2017, 05:01 PM

Thinking about this a little more, there was a time when it was really only the result I cared about deeply, how we played was nice and relevant and everything, but we were league challengers every year back then so it was the result I cared about mostly.

As I became convinced some years ago that we would never win the league again under Wenger, the reverse is now true. I wasn't bothered at all then we lost to Watford, because it doesn't really matter. I was more interested in seeing certain players play, whether it be because of their genius (Sanchez, Ozil) or because I'm interested in their development (Iwobi, Bellerin, Xhaka).

So yes, you're right. While the game is being played I watch it only for the players, once it is over I'm utterly indifferent to Arsenal's place in the table or who may or may not be suspended etc because we have no chance of winning anything other than the odd domestic cup. Hence I focus on something like the pleasure I get from Mourinho losing it, or Spurs bottling it yet again etc.

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2017, 05:15 PM
You seem to have misspelt 'Jose Antonio Reyes', Luis.

:cry:
I certainly misspelt feet :timegohome:

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2017, 05:17 PM
Thinking about this a little more, there was a time when it was really only the result I cared about deeply, how we played was nice and relevant and everything, but we were league challengers every year back then so it was the result I cared about mostly.

As I became convinced some years ago that we would never win the league again under Wenger, the reverse is now true. I wasn't bothered at all then we lost to Watford, because it doesn't really matter. I was more interested in seeing certain players play, whether it be because of their genius (Sanchez, Ozil) or because I'm interested in their development (Iwobi, Bellerin, Xhaka).

So yes, you're right. While the game is being played I watch it only for the players, once it is over I'm utterly indifferent to Arsenal's place in the table or who may or may not be suspended etc because we have no chance of winning anything other than the odd domestic cup. Hence I focus on something like the pleasure I get from Mourinho losing it, or Spurs bottling it yet again etc.

Basically you've only come to see the Arsenal :)

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 05:37 PM
I spoke to a Man Utd fan last summer who reckoned that the Chelsea team has a thing in their DNA, as it were, that sees them turfing out managers that they fall out with.

Yes, nibs in the clinical biology racket call it "John Terry".

Allegedly.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 05:38 PM

People are saying he has feat of clay. That's some feet.

Ash
02-02-2017, 06:13 PM
we have no chance of winning anything other than the odd domestic cup..

Furrins like you will never understand the true meaning of the FA Cup. :sniff: