PDA

View Full Version : If Wenger does decide to not sign a new deal.

Pat Vegas
02-02-2017, 01:55 PM
I very much hope we do sign a manager from a similar level of football.

I know there is this respect for the likes of Eddie Howe but he's not the man for the job. I recall a time Martin O'Neill was the man for the job according to many Arsenal fans.

based on gossip I'll settle on Allegri. If it's true he is learning English it seems quite likely.

I don't see Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, United changing managers anytime soon.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 01:59 PM

I know there is this respect for the likes of Eddie Howe but he's not the man for the job. I recall a time Martin O'Neill was the man for the job according to many Arsenal fans.

based on gossip I'll settle on Allegri. If it's true he is learning English it seems quite likely.

:nono: Nah #fakeItalian

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/austin_allegro_3.jpeg

PSRB
02-02-2017, 02:03 PM
:nono: Nah #fakeItalian

http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/austin_allegro_3.jpeg

My first car, although I had the estate version.

Sir C
02-02-2017, 02:06 PM

If and when Wenger goes it will be time to rip the whole thing up and start again. No more of this fancy dan tippy tappy foreign passing nonsense. We want our Arsenal back!

Neil Warnock please.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 02:08 PM
If and when Wenger goes it will be time to rip the whole thing up and start again. No more of this fancy dan tippy tappy foreign passing nonsense. We want our Arsenal back!

Neil Warnock please.

There's no need to be like that about it. Steve Bould would do just fine, and I *know* you like him.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
02-02-2017, 02:11 PM
There is no prospect of the old tit not signing again. No megalomaniac ever relinquishes power voluntarily. You generally have to hit hem over the head with something like a baseball bat.

Remember that old North Bank chant? -

'It 'em on the 'ead - 'it 'em on the 'ead - 'it 'em on the 'ead wiv a baseball bat
ON THE 'EAD! - ON THE 'EAD

Burney
02-02-2017, 02:17 PM

Neil Warnock please.

Do you reckon George would come back?

Sir C
02-02-2017, 02:21 PM

:hehe: Imagine how he'd preen, walking out at The Emirates.

His direct replacement might be available of course. A man who could bring back all that traditional Arsenal grit, pwide in the shirt and pashun.

Welcome to Arsenal Tony Pulis.

Sir C
02-02-2017, 02:22 PM
There's no need to be like that about it. Steve Bould would do just fine, and I *know* you like him.

I'm not sure he has a kind face. And I'd want to see how he carries a properly tailored suit before committing.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure he has a kind face. And I'd want to see how he carries a properly tailored suit before committing.

Almost certainly a million times better than Wenger :shrug:

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 02:28 PM

No chance, I'm afraid. 2-3 weeks ..

Burney
02-02-2017, 02:28 PM
:hehe: Imagine how he'd preen, walking out at The Emirates.

His direct replacement might be available of course. A man who could bring back all that traditional Arsenal grit, pwide in the shirt and pashun.

Welcome to Arsenal Tony Pulis.

He'd get the blazer out of the glass cabinet on the wall, don once again the immaculately-pressed grey slacks and Italian loafers of yore, Brylcreem and comb his remaining hair and stride straight back into our hearts. :cloud9:

Sir C
02-02-2017, 02:30 PM
There is no prospect of the old tit not signing again. No megalomaniac ever relinquishes power voluntarily. You generally have to hit hem over the head with something like a baseball bat.

Remember that old North Bank chant? -

'It 'em on the 'ead - 'it 'em on the 'ead - 'it 'em on the 'ead wiv a baseball bat
ON THE 'EAD! - ON THE 'EAD

:hehe: 'Geeeeeedinto 'em :clap: 'Arry 'Arry do your job!' :music:

Sir C
02-02-2017, 02:33 PM
He'd get the blazer out of the glass cabinet on the wall, don once again the immaculately-pressed grey slacks and Italian loafers of yore, Brylcreem and comb his remaining hair and stride straight back into our hearts. :cloud9:

:nod: He'd have a back four of Monreal, Koscielny, Mertesacker and Gabriel. Gibbs and Bellerin on the wings. Coquelin and Xhaka in midfield and Giroud and Welbeck up top.

Ozil and Sanchez would be sold to make way for Shane Long and a big money bid for Jordan Henderson.

Burney
02-02-2017, 02:34 PM
No chance, I'm afraid. 2-3 weeks ..

He suffers with the arthritics doesn't he, poor chap? :-(

Oh, well. If AW goes we'll just have to get Don Howe in as caretaker like we used to in the old days.

Burney
02-02-2017, 02:35 PM
:nod: He'd have a back four of Monreal, Koscielny, Mertesacker and Gabriel. Gibbs and Bellerin on the wings. Coquelin and Xhaka in midfield and Giroud and Welbeck up top.

Ozil and Sanchez would be sold to make way for Shane Long and a big money bid for Jordan Henderson.

Sorry, but I think there's still too much flair in that side for George. Who are the Ian Sellys or David Hilliers de nos jours?

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 02:36 PM

All these Italian managers that are so fashionable nowadays went to the same manager school as George anyway. All disciples of Andy Roxburgh apparently :shrug:

Monty92
02-02-2017, 02:36 PM

My tennis coach at the David Lloyd Centre is good mates with George and tells me he's very nearly wheelchair bound due to crippling arthritis :yikes:

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 02:37 PM
He suffers with the arthritics doesn't he, poor chap? :-(

Oh, well. If AW goes we'll just have to get Don Howe in as caretaker like we used to in the old days.

He's got it even worse, I'm afraid to have to tell you :-(

SWv2
02-02-2017, 02:38 PM
My tennis coach at the David Lloyd Centre is good mates with George and tells me he's very nearly wheelchair bound due to crippling arthritis :yikes:

You have a tennis coach?

Burney
02-02-2017, 02:38 PM
He's got it even worse, I'm afraid to have to tell you :-(

Oh, I know he's dead, but I wouldn't see that as an obstacle to him bringing his uniquely event-free form of football back to the Arsenal.

Burney
02-02-2017, 02:40 PM
You have a tennis coach?

I believe it's traditional in Jewish circles to have a tennis coach so that he can have an affair with your wife. :nod:

Sir C
02-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Sorry, but I think there's still too much flair in that side for George. Who are the Ian Sellys or David Hilliers de nos jours?

Oh, for George it would be very much the regrettable necessity of working with what he has, to begin with. I suppose he could bring Jenkinson straight back in, but other than that he'd have to recruit his own cloggers over time.

I wonder if Mesut Ozil could be coached to fly through people's knees?

Monty92
02-02-2017, 02:41 PM
You have a tennis coach?

Yeah man. I've making great strides too, apparently. I'm just fine tuning my serve before I smash Ash's c*nt in.

SWv2
Oh, I know he's dead, but I wouldn't see that as an obstacle to him bringing his uniquely event-free form of football back to the Arsenal.

It is sad how GG is lampooned based on the final few years of his management at the club, easily forgetting and overlooking the football abilities of players early in his reign, his willingness to give youth a chance and indeed the success he brought to the club.

Burney

A few cortisone injections will sort that out.

Monty92
02-02-2017, 02:42 PM
I believe it's traditional in Jewish circles to have a tennis coach so that he can have an affair with your wife. :nod:

As long as it doesn't clash with my lessons :shrug:

Burney
02-02-2017, 02:42 PM
It is sad how GG is lampooned based on the final few years of his management at the club, easily forgetting and overlooking the football abilities of players early in his reign, his willingness to give youth a chance and indeed the success he brought to the club.

I was actually talking about Don Howe.

SWv2
02-02-2017, 02:43 PM
I was actually talking about Don Howe.

My statement is still relevant.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 02:43 PM

Indeed. It diminishes us all, imo.

Burney
02-02-2017, 02:44 PM
My statement is still relevant.

Yes, but not in relation to my comment. :-( I was slagging off a totally different loyal servant of Arsenal Football Club!

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 02:45 PM
I wonder if Mesut Ozil could be coached to fly through people's knees?

Cheaper alternatives would become available, I suspect.

World's End Stella
02-02-2017, 03:06 PM
You have a tennis coach?

I knew someone was going to highlight this. And I knew that someone would do it just this way.

And furthermore, I knew that someone would be you.

Well done me.

Ash
02-02-2017, 03:11 PM
Yeah man. I've making great strides too, apparently. I'm just fine tuning my serve before I smash Ash's c*nt in.

Presumably he's taught you not to stand in no-mans land and to stop waving the racquet around as if it was a ping-pong paddle.

I haven't hit a ball since around the time we played so I'll need to get my eye in before we play again. Not that my eyes still work at this age anyway. #excusesinearly Mind you, my dad has started playing again after his hip replacement and he's nearly eighty. :yikes:

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
02-02-2017, 03:33 PM
:hehe: 'Geeeeeedinto 'em :clap: 'Arry 'Arry do your job!' :music:

OOOH!!! all to gevvah! - OOOH!!! all to gevvah! - OOOH!!! all to gevvah!

Kill - kill - kill the bill

Sir C
02-02-2017, 03:36 PM
OOOH!!! all to gevvah! - OOOH!!! all to gevvah! - OOOH!!! all to gevvah!

Kill - kill - kill the bill

I reckon it's just you and me left now h, the only two farts old enough to remember the glory days of squalor and casual violence that made the game so special :-(

I expect if you put us in a time machine and transported us back to the north bank for a Spurs game in 1979 we'd **** ourselves :hehe: On the other hand, those who didn't live through it would probably top themselves.

Luis Anaconda
02-02-2017, 03:44 PM
I reckon it's just you and me left now h, the only two farts old enough to remember the glory days of squalor and casual violence that made the game so special :-(

I expect if you put us in a time machine and transported us back to the north bank for a Spurs game in 1979 we'd **** ourselves :hehe: On the other hand, those who didn't live through it would probably top themselves.
Yep - I remember when we got Millwall in the cup and they invaded the pitch. That was the only real trouble I saw in the ground and that was from the safety of halfway up the North Bank. Funnily enough going to Spurs in those days didn't bother me as much as the last few times I went there more recently. Though walking up Seven Sisters with the loud-mouthed Canuck did almost tempt me to start singing about Spurs and the pope and just taking a good beating

Burney
02-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Yep - I remember when we got Millwall in the cup and they invaded the pitch. That was the only real trouble I saw in the ground and that was from the safety of halfway up the North Bank. Funnily enough going to Spurs in those days didn't bother me as much as the last few times I went there more recently. Though walking up Seven Sisters with the loud-mouthed Canuck did almost tempt me to start singing about Spurs and the pope and just taking a good beating

Yes, I can see how, the sweet, sweet grip of unconsciousness would appeal in that situation.

Sir C
02-02-2017, 03:48 PM

There were times you would look around the ground in wonder at fights raging in every stand, for fúck's sake.

Mind you, in those days you'd get the shít kicked out of you in the street because of your haircut, or your trousers, or just for having a face :-(

Burney
02-02-2017, 03:52 PM
There were times you would look around the ground in wonder at fights raging in every stand, for fúck's sake.

Mind you, in those days you'd get the shít kicked out of you in the street because of your haircut, or your trousers, or just for having a face :-(

I think the only major trouble I ever saw inside the ground used to be when I went to West Ham's home games with my mate. The police used to stream out of that odd little building in the corner of Upton Park and start laying into everyone whilst being roundly abused by all other parts of the ground.

Sir C
02-02-2017, 03:54 PM
I think the only major trouble I ever saw inside the ground used to be when I went to West Ham's home games with my mate. The police used to stream out of that odd little building in the corner of Upton Park and start laying into everyone whilst being roundly abused by all other parts of the ground.

It's really impossible to imagine just how commonplace it was, and how little notice we took. Obviously it made an impression if there was a big ruck, but minor disturbances broke out all the time and you just ignored them. I often think back at just how violent those days were in general.

I miss it, really.

Burney
02-02-2017, 04:00 PM
It's really impossible to imagine just how commonplace it was, and how little notice we took. Obviously it made an impression if there was a big ruck, but minor disturbances broke out all the time and you just ignored them. I often think back at just how violent those days were in general.

I miss it, really.

There seemed to be a sort of pantomime element to it. Nobody was terribly shocked, it was very much part of the afternoon's entertainment, basically. :shrug:

I imagine it didn't seem that way if someone's size 10s were connecting with your temple, of course.

Sir C
02-02-2017, 04:04 PM
There seemed to be a sort of pantomime element to it. Nobody was terribly shocked, it was very much part of the afternoon's entertainment, basically. :shrug:

I imagine it didn't seem that way if someone's size 10s were connecting with your temple, of course.

No, exactly. But more than that; when I was 12 or 13, walking home from the bus stop was fraught with danger. Any set of lads (or, indeed, individual lad) one encountered was quite likely to batter you, so you chose your route home accordingly. It was like living in a war zone, really. A strange time. And then it all just sort of stopped.

redgunamo
02-02-2017, 04:12 PM

No, that's what made people like me fall in love with the game.

And London.